Thread: Scalpel or wand

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scalpel or wand

Hey, i'm a demo lock
    last week i got the torch of celestial spark and i was thrilled... till i realised how bugged wands are, since then i keep moving while casting touch of chaos, which seems to help, but i look like a retard, also, it's a pain in the ass
    Tonight i got un'sok's amber scalpel and it has 7 more ilvls! hooray!! the i saw that lfr somehow decided to give me spirit gear....
    anyways, my question :
    would scalpel come ahead of torch based on the ilvls, the socket and the fact that torch is bugged???
    my armory if it helps (i REALLY don't want to spend 10 sha crystals on a weapon that will end up being worse so PLEASE help!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Hey, i'm a demo lock
    last week i got the torch of celestial spark and i was thrilled... till i realised how bugged wands are, since then i keep moving while casting touch of chaos, which seems to help, but i look like a retard, also, it's a pain in the ass
    Tonight i got un'sok's amber scalpel and it has 7 more ilvls! hooray!! the i saw that lfr somehow decided to give me spirit gear....
    anyways, my question :
    would scalpel come ahead of torch based on the ilvls, the socket and the fact that torch is bugged???
    my armory if it helps (i REALLY don't want to spend 10 sha crystals on a weapon that will end up being worse so PLEASE help!!!)
    Use the dagger, Wands are still bugged until 5.1, Just reforge the spirit off.

Also Scalpel would still be ahead of the wand even as afflic.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    yea with the pure int gem or even int + hit if u want the bonus the dagger gives more spell power ofc ur be loosing a bit of some of ur stats depending on ur reforge cuz u cant get to much of reforging the spirit,but still its better than the wand

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wands are bugged? Lovely this information never really gets out that efficiently.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Wands are bugged? Lovely this information never really gets out that efficiently.
    twitter. com/Ghostcrawler/status/256403737717907457

Been bugged all expansion. Get with the times, bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every talks about there being a wand bug. But no one says what exactly the wand bug does or is.

Did you even go to that link? Probably not so I'll spell it out for you since you need your hand held:
    When using a wand as Demo in Meta form you cast your "shoot" spell causing the auto attack you do while in Meta form to be interrupted and resetting your GCD so you do less Touch of Chaos.

There. Hand held.

10+ Year Old Account
    The link said nothing about the damn bug, just that there was one. I didn't think I needed to spell out how useless the link was or clarify that i seen a thread that told me what this forum told me already, so I did not include that part.

Deleted
    Make a macro which consists of Shadowbolt and /stopattack, problem solved.
    You lose the auto attack damage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaa View Post
    Which counts for 3%+ of your dmg. Thats ~3k dps lost from having a wand. Does it give you enough stats, to gain you another 3k+ dps ?

@SaltLakeAtrocity Go read up. Or ask. Don't flame people who consider you dumb.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

would rather not lose damage, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    The link said nothing about the damn bug, just that there was one. I didn't think I needed to spell out how useless the link was or clarify that i seen a thread that told me what this forum told me already, so I did not include that part.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6999290022

There. Google is hard. Get mad, son.

Do not incite people to start flaming, consider this a warning ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-11-15 at 01:16 PM.

Question is, why the hell is that retarded loot system giving items with spirit to warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Question is, why the hell is that retarded loot system giving items with spirit to warlock?
    Same reason our BIS ring has spirit on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Which counts for 3%+ of your dmg. Thats ~3k dps lost from having a wand. Does it give you enough stats, to gain you another 3k+ dps?
    It's 3% on a straight single target fight, as soon as there are multiple targets, it's less.
    Besides, I was just pointing out a way to use a wand at all. If you have access to a dagger with spirit, reforge it and you're good.

It's 3% on a straight single target fight, as soon as there are multiple targets, it's less.
    Besides, I was just pointing out a way to use a wand at all. If you have access to a dagger with spirit, reforge it and you're good.
    Klaxxi exalted sword. And it's still 3% on multiple targets as well because whatever you're targetting gets hit with it. Doesn't get spread across them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Klaxxi exalted sword. And it's still 3% on multiple targets as well because whatever you're targetting gets hit with it. Doesn't get spread across them.
    I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. I'm not saying a wand of equal ilevel can compete with a dagger, sword etc if you're cancelling auto attacks.
    You could however use the Elegon wand over a blue weapon that way.

On multi target fights, auto attacks make up for a smaller percentage of your damage, because it's constant and not related to the number of enemies. Your dot damage on the other hand, isn't.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. I'm not saying a wand of equal ilevel can compete with a dagger, sword etc if you're cancelling auto attacks.
    You could however use the Elegon wand over a blue weapon that way.

On multi target fights, auto attacks make up for a smaller percentage of your damage, because it's constant and not related to the number of enemies. Your dot damage on the other hand, isn't.
    When I go Demo I use the Klaxxi sword over my 502 Elegon wand only because of the bug even though I feel like a fool doing it.

Deleted
    When I go Demo I use the Klaxxi sword over my 502 Elegon wand only because of the bug even though I feel like a fool doing it.
    You would do more DPS with the wand and /stopattack, believe me. If you're an Orc, you're also losing spell hit to the sword.

You would do more DPS with the wand and /stopattack, believe me. If you're an Orc, you're also losing spell hit to the sword.
    Alliance for lyfe. And I wouldn't. I've tried it.

Deleted
    Alliance for lyfe. And I wouldn't. I've tried it.
    Strange. I went Demo for Feng HC and did more DPS with the wand than the Klaxxi sword.
    In 5.1 it's "fixed" anyway by removing auto attacks from Demo.