Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I just got temp banned from the WoW forums

I made a topic on the EU forums about the MMR abusers (blizzard forums)
    And now I got banned.. There wasnt any thread about it yet on the EU and today there are like 20 topics and I get banned?
    Is it against to rules to make a topic about it or what? I am kinda frustrated that people who want to make the community get better are getting banned when they are trying to help.
    I al ready made a ticket to blizzard for an explination about it.
    Others feel the same as me?

If you mean this thread:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...n-your-bg-3v3/

The blue explains it already - naming and shaming.

The last thread was deleted, because regardless of perceived wrong-doing, it's a violation of the code of conduct and posting guidelines to call out other players publicly via the forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely some "naming and shaming" type thing. Personally I think people should be held accountable in the community but alas Blizz disagrees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you mean this thread:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...n-your-bg-3v3/

The blue explains it already - naming and shaming.
    Yes I linked a there arena teamnames, but does that also get you banned straight away??

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Yes I linked a there arena teamnames, but does that also get you banned straight away??
    It can do. Depends on what you've done previously. Remember they have a penalty volcano: initial issues won't see much punishment, but it ramps up. So even if you break the rules in a minor way, if you've kept doing it consistently then you'll get a hefty punishment.

So yeah, you been punished before on the official WoW forums? Any warnings or other temp bans? Would explain why you got it this time. And even if not, a temp ban isn't too bad depending on the length of time you're banned for: a 3 hour or 1 day ban isn't really much, for example.

Make sure you read the code of conduct and abide by it; you won't get banned then.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naming and shaming is like super serious on their forum so yeah insta ban.

Don't worry it's a temp forum ban. Rest assured they probably copied your post and will ban the win/traders at the lost of a couple days you can't post on their forums
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Naming and shaming is like super serious on their forum so yeah insta ban.
    To bad they think about this. IMO you do something wrong and you know it so you will pay the price.

To bad they think about this. IMO you do something wrong and you know it so you will pay the price.
    So when I go on the forums and say "Youwow is a cheater", nothing should happen, right?

Blizz don't want to have to spend their time separating rulebreakers from libellous comments. So they have a blanket ban on naming and shaming; makes sense.

Deleted
    You did something wrong and now are paying the price, but you're complaining. So are rules only for some?

By posting on their forums you have to agree to their terms and conditions. It seems you broke one of their rules. If you want to dispute it, I believe they have an email address you can write to (should be able to find it somewhere on the blizz forum site)

Thats the official forums for you. They will ban you without any reason. I was never really active on the forums. Got a ban once at the D3 flop release when i posted in the ERROR 37 thread (in which people where spamming "OMG still doesnt work fuck you blizz") something like "This is insane. This thread has gotten X number of replies in less than 1 night. "

bam, got banned for 'being rude'.

so yea, thats my story. Avoid those awful forums at all cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why you report the players and they get taken care of, if Blizzard determines they were guilty.

Naming and shaming is not allowed because it tarnishes those players without first proving they did anything wrong. They may be guilty, but it's just as likely that the person calling them out is a paranoid idiot, or someone with a personal grudge against them.

Mob justice is bad. Don't do it.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

10+ Year Old Account
    naming and shaming gets you a ban, plain and simple.

Although I have found on the official forums just about ANYTHING you say can get you a ban, so much as use an offensive word out of context and they ban you.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Naming and Shaming should be rewarded !!!!
    Its like you would call cops that guy next door is a drug dealer. And cops throw you in jail because you told on him.
    WTF is wrong with blizzard....
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys even read forum rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    So when I go on the forums and say "Youwow is a cheater", nothing should happen, right?

Blizz don't want to have to spend their time separating rulebreakers from libellous comments. So they have a blanket ban on naming and shaming; makes sense.
    Idon't like 'this!' replys, but in this case:

This!

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Naming and Shaming should be rewarded !!!!
    Its like you would call cops that guy next door is a drug dealer. And cops throw you in jail because you told on him.
    WTF is wrong with blizzard....
    The equivalent of calling the cops would be reporting them to Blizzard -- an activity which will never result in a ban.

This is like going to their local bar and wearing a sandwich board that says "<blank> is a dirty, thieving drug dealer. BRING HIM TO JUSTICE!"

I hope you can see the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post

If you got proof that I cheat yes then its fine. Like I have proofen that these guys are MMR abusers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You did something wrong and now are paying the price, but you're complaining. So are rules only for some?
    I did something wrong without knowing it wasnt allowed. The other people abused a bug which everyone knows isnt allowed.

Deleted
    If you got proof that I cheat yes then its fine. Like I have proofen that these guys are MMR abusers.

I did something wrong without knowing it wasnt allowed. The other people abused a bug which everyone knows isnt allowed.
    Not knowing is never a excuse to do things thats not allowed.
    "But officer i dident know it was against any law to shoot people, i promise!!!"

You should have read the rules before you posted, simple.