Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Retrospect: Was Account-wide Mounts & Pets a good idea?

Now that we have had the opportunity to try out the expansion and see all the "glorious" changes to the game, what do you think of account-wide pets and mounts? Do you think it was a good idea? Or do you think it sucked the life out of individual achievement and character progress?

Personally I don't know where I stand on this. On the one hand, it is cool to be able to use all my mounts on any character I have. On the other hand it feels like the achievement of gaining the mount / pet on a particular character is sucked out and it feels empty to get to a new level on a character because part of the thrill was the excitement to buy all the mounts you could ride at those level milestones.

What do you think? Is there a loss of thrill and excitement because of account wide mounts / pets?

I like it. It opens things up where I can farm rarer drop mounts on a character more suited for it, and benefit from that work on a character that would not be able to achieve it on their own.

Hell yes. Account wide tabards and even reputations next I hope!

Right now I'm in the process of leveling a couple classes that I have never touched before, and its nice being able to choose from any of my 140 mounts in my collection. I know it sounds kind of lame, but not having to ride around on a stupid looking house forever makes the whole process a lot more enjoyable for myself. For someone who really enjoys the mounts that Blizzard has put into the game, it really feels nice being able to share them with all the lowbies.

It is glorious! No longer do I have to force myself to keep every big achievement and mount on my main, I can do it freely with any class.

A million times yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

Would anyone sincerely vote no?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Absolutely.

Would anyone sincerely vote no?
    My guess is only players without rare mounts.

I'm pretty happy all my characters get to enjoy the sea turtle now.

Deleted
    is that a serious question? People wanted that for years.

Especially with the addition of pet battles, I absolutely believe it was a good idea. Even without them, I'm a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the purchasable mounts you can buy while leveling are exciting. It's the rare ones or the expensive ones that are exciting, and making them account-wide doesn't change that--it even increases the excitement, since there's no chance of "losing" the mount if you change characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Being able to use my Filthy Alliance Alt with all my mounts.. Epic win sauce boooooiiii

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

My druid was my first character and main (boomkin) until I leveled my priest and she became my healer. I ran Kara and Zul'Aman faithfully on them both until WotLK, when my druid became resto and my main again. Then came Cataclysm and I went back to my priest. Now it's MoP and my main is a monk.

Most of what I consider my best achievements came from my druid, who has barely even been touched since WotLK except as an alt. My monk is a new class and couldn't exist before now.

Without this account-wide system in place there are some mounts and pets that I would never be able to obtain on my main character now that I can still access. I'm glad it is the way it is.

Deleted
    I'm glad I do not have to use generic boring vendor mounts on my alts anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a good idea. How often a mount dropped that I really wanted on my main or another character, and it only dropped on an alt, like the horsemens mount or blue protodrake.
    #boycottchina

Yup - awesome idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the account-wide mounts. I'm a bit divided on account-wide pets... Don't get me wrong, I love having everything on all my chars, but I don't like what a mess the pet menu is what with having so many of the same pet. I also don't like that I can no longer easily see in AH if a pet is 'already known' to me.

So I love it as a general idea. There are just a few kinks with the implementation that need ironing out (like a search feature for the mount menu.. but that one's in the works, so it's all good).

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    I'm glad I do not have to use generic boring vendor mounts on my alts anymore.
    My guild-mates make fun of me b/c I still ride around on snowy/ebon griffons on all my characters, even though I have 100+ mounts to choose from.

I know many of them really enjoy it.

Having all my mounts and pets available to all my toons and any new ones I make, is fantastic, I look forward to hitting the mount stages through levelling now, because I can choose a mount that I feel fits my character, rather than being pigeon holed into their racial mounts!

So yes i think it was a fantastic idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    My guess is only players without rare mounts.
    Well, I can see being apathetic, but thinking it's a bad idea?

I'm not sure I have any rare mounts myself, aside from the Blizzcon Bear which was already BoA. I still think it's super awesome.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |