Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    "WoW graphics are bad!"

*posts Vanilla screenshots and follows up with screenshots from games that are less than 3 years old*

Biased post is biased. WoW's graphics are cartoonish and, for the new content, fine. Older content, like humans, dwarves, orcs, etc, could be upgraded, but the rest of the game follows the same graphical style of WCIII and I think its great. Certainly can use a bit of an upgrade, but no big deal.

Gameplay > Graphics. Always.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The newer MMOs qualify for beautiful screenshots, once you start playing you notice how sloppy characters move, it's an inevitable effect when making good looking games where your character has to perform fluid, yet quick, animations.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Guys why do you keep posting in Jaylock threads? WHY? you KNOW he does it with the intention to troll, its obivous, why keep bumping his threads everytime he starts one? He doesnt even hide it anymore, posting picks from 2005. REALLY? comeon people use commun sense.
    Beats me, guess its not really worth it. I get the feeling your right (even tho iv not been a member for long iv seen the trend) so lesson learned for my part ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The newer MMOs qualify for beautiful screenshots, once you start playing you notice how sloppy characters move, it's an inevitable effect when making good looking games where your character has to perform fluid, yet quick, animations.
    Hamster have you noticed WoW is also one of the few MMOs which has Character Models that actually look like they run or walk properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice choice of pics, WoW looks much better on my PC.

But great job comparing an old game to new games, top job indeed!

Oh and graphics aint everything, gameplay is far more important, and WoW has superior gameplay to those other games in the screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dudes, watch him, he doesn't respond to his own thread, he only did it, for what he does mostly everything here in mmochamp, troll. He doesn't hide thats his trolling and people still take him serious, god knows why hes still on this forum tbh, its been years. inb4 infracted for saying the truth.

Good thing that SWTOR screenshot was cropped at the bottom. That way you don't see the absolutely horrible jagged shadows in that game. Seriously, worst shadows I've seen in a game in years. The atrocious shadows ruined the graphics in that game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Dudes, watch him, he doesn't respond to his own thread, he only did it, for what he does mostly everything here in mmochamp, troll. He doesn't hide thats his trolling and people still take him serious, god knows why hes still on this forum tbh, its been years. inb4 infracted for saying the truth.
    Lol totally agree, the mods love Jay and will protect him from anything and everything. Ive been infracted for voicing my opinion on Jay as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Not really. The only MMO that has come out in the last 2 years that I felt had sloppy feeling animations and controls is Rift. GW2, SWTOR, and Tera control just as good, if not better than WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:28 AM ----------

I disagree. The Human Male running animation in WoW is very...stiff and weird looking.
    Oh God Human Models are just..BLEGH.

<--Orc Boy. So yeah. I'm sorry Alliance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    I don't play wow for graphics... Don't really care...

I rather have stuff as it is right now, than having my raids messed up just because ppls PCs can't handle awesome graphics...
    Exactly. Do you whiners have any idea how many players they would lose if they made the graphics more demanding?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how both of those wow images are obviously taken on LOWEST settings and BEFORE they implemented the DX11 Tech for advanced shadow rendering. Learn how to bash properly when your going to try it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

Until you're willing to be fair about the comparisons, i'm unwilling to agree that it needs a reboot. Perhaps one day Jaylock, you'll actually create a thread that provides something useful to the community, instead of trying too hard to force your point across with unrealistic points and unfair comparisons.
    Thank you! Can you please be a mod for the general forums please

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Hamster have you noticed WoW is also one of the few MMOs which has Character Models that actually look like they run or walk properly?
    Just another bonus of having relatively low poly characters. You don't expect perfect mesh handling, but it looks good anyway.
    I work with 3D characters, and when it comes to animating... there's a fine line. Once you start working with these overly detailed characters, say TERA Online, you start to notice that you need to make animations ridiculously smooth, but that makes combat fluidity suffer, else you need to make animations skip around in order to accomodate rapid movement changes, like in PvP.

WoW handles this very, very well. Other games have tried for YEARS to replicate the combat fluidity of WoW and its animations, but they also try to sell the high def graphics, causing conflict.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eight year old game has eight year old graphics. Also grass is green and the sky is blue.

There is nothing really to discuss here and this is borderline game vs game so I'm closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |