Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Or how about you get everything exalted and mailbox full of epics when you ding 90? What's the point of rewards you don't have to even work for.
    Exactly what I said to my friends who play casually and they all agree.

If you don't have the time to play 30 minutes a day, don't expect to gear as fast as people that put twice amount of time into the game.
    You don't see guilds with 3 raid days a week complaining that they don't kill bosses and get loot as fast as guilds that raid 20 hours a day until content is clear.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2012-11-14 at 04:08 PM.

My hunch is that we have this metic ass-load of dailies, just so Blizzard can get people out in the world. If you think about it, the number of quest mobs for these dailies are very small compared to the number of people trying to get them done. The result, at least on PvP servers, is an increase in world PvP (some thing blizz promised). On PvE servers you just have frustration.

Going to a weekly system would decrease the number of people in the world, something that Blizz doesn't want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    It's obvious that people feel this way, otherwise there wouldn't be soo much complaining.
    That's because "people" are, in general, morons, and that's not something you can blame Blizzard for.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's the first thing every player of the guild should care about. And why is that important that someone else does? Everyone has a different race. Someone only cares about world first, some people care about 3/7 guilds race, some are having fun competing with a guild on their server. It could be that it's not required to maximize your character progress, but that should be expected that players will be doing that, a lot of them.
    But again, that is their choice to pursue that playstyle. Some guilds (I would argue a majority but have no factual proof to support such a claim) really do not care one bit about what their rank on wow-progress is, and thats assuming they even know about it in the first place. All they care about is "Can I kill the boss?" They don't even think about "Can I kill it faster than those other guys?"

Yes, if you are in a guild that is chasing server/world firsts then getting every possible advantage is necessary in order to stay competitive in that race. But being in such a guild in the first place is purely up to the individual player. Doing whatever it takes to win no matter what it is or what is required to gain that advantage is part of what that player signed up for when joining such a guild. If they are unwilling to do what is required, then they should re-evaluate if they really want to be in a guild like that.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I've to agree, there's a difference between requirement/mandatory and desired. You have almost two years to get your factions to exalted, most offer nothing besides a mount and a tabard at that reputation state. Just push for honored/reverded and let it go. Either pick one faction after that point to keep your bonus rolls or just alternate between all of them if you don't have a favorite one.
    Two years? Who says you need to get the mounts before the expansion ends?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Two years? Who says you need to get the mounts before the expansion ends?
    I still don't have all the Argent Tournament mounts.

Come to think of it, this entire argument is basically "QQ TOURNEY MOUNTS COST TOO MANY EMBLEMS" repackaged.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no other point of playing this game for the competitive individual ever since PvP became a broken piece of shit, meaning since mid-Wrath. And if you are not a competitve individual there is no point in playing sub-based MMO AT ALL.
    Then don't play?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Again, my only beef with the dailies is the ludicrous drop rates on most of the 'kill and get' quests. Fatty Goatsteaks? what, 20% drop rate? That simply encourages asshats to gather up a herd and mow it down, leaving 10+ other people waiting for a repop. If it was 100%, everyone would grab 4, go to town, be done. No bottlenecking for steaks. Mushan tongues, I swear have something like a 5% drop rate. Same problem. Same solution.

We aren't killing things for XP, we aren't killing them for grey vendor items to sell for gold, we certainly aren't killing them for world drops - so why the less than 100% drop rate? It's the most anger inducing retarded thing in the entire game. That kind of thinking and quest generation just needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    It's obvious that people feel this way, otherwise there wouldn't be soo much complaining.

People that desire to have content everyday don't need Dailies to fill this void. There is literally thousands of things to do in this game from chasing mounts, achievements, transmog to running dungeons / LFR / raiding. It's overwelming.

It's a simple solution to fix though, create 1-2 bonus quests that change per day to fill the dailie need that would increase rep by a much smaller amount (maybe allowing for a week cut off the total time to exalted). This would fill that need, but not ruin it for those that can't do a daily quest everyday.
    1: People claiming they are "mandatory" do so as a choice, based on their playstyle. I know they are NOT mandatory, but I still managed to find the time every day to do them all (and there was a week or so where that was ALOT per day, around 50). I am now done all factions to Exalted. I am not part of the majority, nor am I following the design goal. Blizzard stated the design goal is that they are supposed to be done at a more casual pace.

2: Anyone claiming exalted is needed, has different priorities to what is "needed". I like collecting mounts and such, so Exalted was needed to me. Given it takes 2x as long to get Exalted as it does Revered (exactly 2x as long, numerically anyways), it really isn't for any progression player. Shado-Pan and (especially) August Celestials are just slow.

3: The gear from VP is 100% optional (because there is an equal item in Normal MSV for nearly every slot you can buy). If we had the Item Upgrade system in for 5.0 instead of 5.1, I doubt people would care so much, cause they could spend their VP on upgrading their raid drops instead. That is just bad planning on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-14 at 05:00 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Didn't Blizz state that when they changed LFD to "weekly" instead of "daily", there was a reduction in how many people ran them, and that is why they give an incentive to run LFD every day now (i.e. increased Valor for first LFD each day)? Could the same apply to dailies then?

There is nothing optional or extra when you are raiding. There is no excuse for not trying to replace your blue *whatever the slot is* with an epic if you have the time and the source to get it.
    That's still a self-imposed "need".
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I think a very easy to introduce change would just be to cap reputation weekly, and let people consume whatever content they want to reach those caps. Put the rep backs on tabards, leave the dailies in the game, and add some turn in items to each faction.

That way, people could farm it, dungeon it, or daily it. The weekly cap prevents people from blowing through it all, and lets people play how they want.

Far too often I've had this situation happen:
    Guildie: "hey who wants to run a heroic?"
    Other guildies: "can't, need to finish dailies before I log off."

I've said it myself a few times, because I can run dungeons whenever, but if I lose progress on dailies I can't ever make it up.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I think a very easy to introduce change would just be to cap reputation weekly, and let people consume whatever content they want to reach those caps. Put the rep backs on tabards, leave the dailies in the game, and add some turn in items to each faction.

That way, people could farm it, dungeon it, or daily it. The weekly cap prevents people from blowing through it all, and lets people play how they want.

Far too often I've had this situation happen:
    Guildie: "hey who wants to run a heroic?"
    Other guildies: "can't, need to finish dailies before I log off."

I've said it myself a few times, because I can run dungeons whenever, but if I lose progress on dailies I can't ever make it up.

Which makes no sense as doing dailies is not gating you. You can't earn enough valor points to spend them if you do all dailies every day.

You can do just 1 faction a day(2 at the most) and still not be able to get enough valor.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Again, my only beef with the dailies is the ludicrous drop rates on most of the 'kill and get' quests. Fatty Goatsteaks? what, 20% drop rate? That simply encourages asshats to gather up a herd and mow it down, leaving 10+ other people waiting for a repop. If it was 100%, everyone would grab 4, go to town, be done. No bottlenecking for steaks. Mushan tongues, I swear have something like a 5% drop rate. Same problem. Same solution.

We aren't killing things for XP, we aren't killing them for grey vendor items to sell for gold, we certainly aren't killing them for world drops - so why the less than 100% drop rate? It's the most anger inducing retarded thing in the entire game. That kind of thinking and quest generation just needs to stop.
    True that fatty goatsteak one is horrid, the drop rate really is bad. It's always a race to tag them and hope you can get the damn things to drop.

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, just dont do them if you dont want to do them.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post

Seriously, just dont do them if you dont want to do them.
    Blizzard been so generous for the last few expansion that everyone feels entitled to have everything without doing anything.

They are fine as is, people need to learn some patience and self control.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Which makes no sense as doing dailies is not gating you. You can't earn enough valor points to spend them if you do all dailies every day.

You can do just 1 faction a day(2 at the most) and still not be able to get enough valor.

Dailies are the worst kind of gating, because you cannot ever make up a missed turn in. Capping it weekly would give you the choice to consume what you want, when you want, and still allow Blizzard to control the pace of consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Blizzard been so generous for the last few expansion that everyone feels entitled to have everything without doing anything.
    I'm curious are these the same people who whined that heroic dungeons were to hard? Did they have everything without doing anything? For every problem someone has with the game the community always has a straw man lined up instead of acknowledging the need for reform. It's alright. The numbers tell the story. Subs drop. Changes happen. It doesn't have to be this way but obstinate hard headed people would have it this way.

what would I do every other day than wednesday? dailies, lfr and sha one day per week and nothing to do for the rest? gg mejt, great idea.