Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Imperial Vizier normal nerfed?

Did anyone else notice that Force and Verve's damage in normal mode was cut in half this week? It had been hitting me for around 70k before, and now it's doing about 35k. Barely requires any cooldowns now even if you're 2 healing it.

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Force and Verve's damage in normal mode was cut in half this week? It had been hitting me for around 70k before, and now it's doing about 35k. Barely requires any cooldowns now even if you're 2 healing it.
    Damage seemed to be cut in half when we killed it again tonight. Huge nerf to the difficulty of the fight.

yeah we noticed a huge reduction in damage as well the 2nd week it was out as opposed to the first week.
    haven't strolled in this (3rd) week yet

although logs say the damage is pretty much identical. healers must have been pressing buttons harder.
    we did have our monk tank the 2nd week so that might have helped a whole bunch
    Last edited by bals; 2012-11-14 at 08:20 AM.

Yeah it's obviously been nerfed. Not sure if it's intended and whatnot but I called it out on the first FnV that happened. We didn't have to use any cooldown 2 healing it while we would generally need to discuss some cooldowns 3 healing it last week. The fight reallllly felt trivial overall. If I recall, in execute phase, there's also only 1 MC every 5 abilities (aka sound/fnf/sound/fnf/mc).

yeah we noticed a huge reduction in damage as well the 2nd week it was out as opposed to the first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we killed him like 15 minutes ago, I mean he was already on farm but shit it was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

FnV damage has been nerfed for the Heroic difficulty as well.

Deleted
    Can anyone on EU servers confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    Can anyone on EU servers confirm this?
    We just killed him for the first time last night on Heroic and Force and Verve was definitely hitting for a lot less in the Noise Cancelling barriers.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Blizzard getting the nerf bat already... that's pathetic.

The damage was pretty high for a normal encounter. I can see the nerf being justified so casuals can get it down.

I have nothing to say for the heroic version because I haven't tried it yet.

Sure it wasnt so much as fixed instead of nerfed? Shields didnt seem to work at all for us last week when we tested it with only 1 person standing inside them.

Well not sure if it was a fix to bugged out shields, or a nerf to Fear and Verve damage, but it was a lot easier to heal that platform and F&V in last phase when we downed him last night.

May have been RNG but the MC's seemed much less frequent as well. We basically had only 1 MC in all of last phase (2nd MC happened with boss at 3% so we could ignore them) - that or maybe our dps was just higher and therefore a faster phase 2 heh

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    I'd agree with you, if this were the second to last boss in the instance. When the FIRST boss in the instance is leaps-and-bounds harder than the next 3, there's something that needs to be changed.

Since they can't just move bosses around after it's been released, bringing the difficulty in line with the "difficulty curve" of the raid is, unfortunately, the only real option.

I can see why they've done it. Certain healers have a much better time here and if you don't have the right combination (or alternatively having very good players) it's harder than it should be. Our healing team mostly consisted of novices and undergeared people and we did worse on our second night than the first. Only real difference was we took a 2nd resto druid instead of a disc priest.

Deleted
    good, some healers didnt have tools to heal through this, Even my stupid aura mastery didnt wok because it's phisical damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    good, some healers didnt have tools to heal through this, Even my stupid aura mastery didnt wok because it's phisical damage.
    My guild was able to get a 4% wipe with 2 holy paladins and a resto druid. The holy paladins would stand on the very edge of the second bubble and Holy Shock/Holy Radiance to hit two bubbles, then Light of Dawn spam towards the third.

That said, the damage was still obnoxious, and AoE paladin healing is still frustrating as hell in 10-mans when you aren't stacked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    My guild was able to get a 4% wipe with 2 holy paladins and a resto druid. The holy paladins would stand on the very edge of the second bubble and Holy Shock/Holy Radiance to hit two bubbles, then Light of Dawn spam towards the third.

That said, the damage was still obnoxious, and AoE paladin healing is still frustrating as hell in 10-mans when you aren't stacked.
    Unless it's been 'un-nerfed', the damage should be pretty manageable for any 2 healers now. Last night we used a holy paladin (with a resto Shaman) and the only time they needed raid cooldowns was in the final phase after getting Convert -> Attenuation -> Force and Verve in quick succession.

Last week we were 3 healing it and had to coordinate every raid CD we had just to survive that platform in the first phase. Even then we barely managed to kill him with half our raid dying to the last F&V.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    It's actually not. It's just the first fight of the dungeon. It SHOULD be easy for people in MV gear.
    Glad to hear the F&V has been moderated. That was a bit on the heavy side.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger