Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nr of hunter weapons drops available?

So I was talking to a guild mate today and he was absolutely certain hunter weapons are much less existant in raids than casters/melee weapons. Anyone can shed some light over this?

Just look it up for yourself. We two ranged weapon drops this tier and no longer have to compete with rogues or warriors. Seems pretty normal to me.

It makes complete sense that there would be less weapons for 1 class than weapons for multiple classes/specs.

one from will of the emperor, i.e. 2 chances dierctly (LFR and normal/hero) and 2 bonus rolls,
    and then theres the epic bow from Raigonn (gate of the setting sun) with a tiny droppchance. (I've been there nearly every day since being able to go in heroics, never seen it yet)

terasse of endless springs will have another range wep, dropping from lei shi

10+ Year Old Account
    The drops available are fine, but i'm getting so unlucky. I'm in full raid gear now but still sporting my blue heroic dungeon bow, not seen an epic drop once and i've used a coin each week on lfr and normal WotE.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The drops available are fine, but i'm getting so unlucky. I'm in full raid gear now but still sporting my blue heroic dungeon bow, not seen an epic drop once and i've used a coin each week on lfr and normal WotE.
    It's depressing because the bow is such a gigantic upgrade in dps.
    But that's life I guess

Be a bit less painful once the patch with VP/JP ilvl upgrades goes live. Until then, most of us are stuck with the heroic blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Be a bit less painful once the patch with VP/JP ilvl upgrades goes live. Until then, most of us are stuck with the heroic blues.
    that won't really help. all lucky guys that have gotten a drop will upgrade their weapon, just as we unlucky guys will upgrad our weapons, still the same differance in ilvls :-(

I'm in the exact same situation right now. I know I'll get an epic bow eventually but I really wish there was a crafted epic or -something- I could obtain. I'd pay quite a bit of gold to be able to stop the daily runs on Gate of the Setting Sun.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Puppet, such an item actually exists!
    Its probably expensive, but not craftable.
    Theres a 483 range wep that can turn up on the black matket AH ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    one from will of the emperor, i.e. 2 chances dierctly (LFR and normal/hero) and 2 bonus rolls,
    and then theres the epic bow from Raigonn (gate of the setting sun) with a tiny droppchance. (I've been there nearly every day since being able to go in heroics, never seen it yet)
    The thing that irritates me to no end about Will on LFR is that they have 3 agility items on their loot table. Even if we get an item from them, there is only a 33% chance that it will be the bow.

I'm at 44 Raigonn kills now

Aerta, this can or cannot be a problem, depends on how they implemented it.
    I guess they did it this way:
    Item a has 4% droppchance, item B has 3% droppchance, thus you have 93% chance of getting nothing.
    It were bad if it were like this:
    You have a 10% chance to get an item. Then they randomly pick an item that suites youre class/specc.
    But that would really not make sense, so i guess its done like in version 1

Deleted
    2 ranged weapon drops in thid raiding tier.

comparing that too other tiers.
    t13 (had 2 ranged drops from bosses 1 from trash)
    t12 (2 from bosses, agian 1 from trash)
    t11 (2 bosses, str gun from trash so we dont count that)
    t10 (2 from bosses in 25, and 3 from bosses in 10man)
    t9 ( 1 boss both 10 and 25, when done hc with chest reward there was an adiontal ranged)
    etc, as you can see having 2 ranged weapons drop in a tier is pretty standard sometimes there is a 3rd which from trash. so i wouldnt say the current tier has less ranged weapons then previous tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    In worst case you can get those:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84896#sold-by
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84900

Stil better than a blue item.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Aerta, this can or cannot be a problem, depends on how they implemented it.
    I guess they did it this way:
    Item a has 4% droppchance, item B has 3% droppchance, thus you have 93% chance of getting nothing.
    It were bad if it were like this:
    You have a 10% chance to get an item. Then they randomly pick an item that suites youre class/specc.
    But that would really not make sense, so i guess its done like in version 1
    Blizzards past explanations of the system seemed to indicate the game first decides if you get an item, then randomly allocates a spec appropriate item from the loot table. However it is possible thats not how it works behind the scenes.

I think it's like the latter. You have an X percent chance of winning loot on LFR. Say you need to roll >90 on a d100.

You roll a 98.

then you have 1/3rd chance of getting the bow, if you win loot.

I've been extremely lucky this xpac, I saw the bow in Setting Sun the first time I killed the boss. Still one of only 2 epics I've ever seen in a heroic. Then, our our first Emperor kill, the bow dropped. Haven't gotten the bow off H-Will yet though. I wouldn't be surprised if our first Lei Shei kill dropped the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    The thing that irritates me to no end about Will on LFR is that they have 3 agility items on their loot table. Even if we get an item from them, there is only a 33% chance that it will be the bow.

I'm at 44 Raigonn kills now
    45, here - you made me go look. Ugh.

Had same thing till yesterday when I got the gun off Lei Shi in terrace of endless springs. I'd done gate of the setting sun every single day since about the 30th of September in the hope of getting the Bow from Raigonn. I'd also killed Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan vaults (RF and normal/heroic) every week since they came out and used a coin each time without ever seeing a ranged weapon drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytraders View Post
    Just look it up for yourself. We two ranged weapon drops this tier and no longer have to compete with rogues or warriors. Seems pretty normal to me.
    Compete? What kind of idiotic raid leader do you raid with that would even consider rogues or warriors ranged gearing over your hunters?

I dunno if it's just me being a hunter but I see ranged weapons drop a hell of a lot less than all other weapons, no matter what toon i'm on, if im on an alt they never seem to drop either.

As an example, we had 2 of the Deathwing bows drop the entire time we raided DS and about 300 drops of the other weapons. Seems to go the same way in all previous tiers as well, do we have a lower drop % on our weapons or am I just imagining things due to incredibly bad RNG?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Compete? What kind of idiotic raid leader do you raid with that would even consider rogues or warriors ranged gearing over your hunters?
    It happened, a lot. It happened so much that I almost felt justified in rolling on any other weapon I was able to as a hunter, just to spite the hell out of the world (of warcraft)