Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just don't understand you people

I am constantly surprised at each and every expansion about the level of complaining and wild accusations that people throw around. And each and every expansion I think to myself, "Where do people come up with this stuff?" I think this because, from my point of view, I just don't see the problems that they're saying are monumentally catastrophic and make the game unplayable. I could go through a list of all the complaints I've seen come up about MoP and counter them with logic, reason, and fact and yet still these people would argue that the world was imploding.

Is it a vocal minority? Is it just trendy to jump on a bandwagon? Do people just like to complain?

I'm not saying WoW or Blizzard are perfect, but I also just don't see the problems in the game like other people seem to, or think that the problems that do exist are really that big a deal. Yet people put so much effort and resource into causing a kerfuffle over them that you'd think we were talking about world hunger or warcrimes.

Is it too much to ask for reason instead of hyperbole?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    yes it is!

What I find more interesting is when I see people who have quit the game (especially ones who quit years ago) who are still posting about all the new changes that go into the game.

Also, since when do people feel so entitled that they think they can design the game by themselves? Guess what, Blizzard designs the game, not us. If you don't like it, you're welcome to not give them money. In the meantime, let the people who actually do want to play the game have a nice forum where every other post isn't "WOW'S DEAD OMG SUBSCRIBERS BRALER GILD DAILIES OMG"

Quote Originally Posted by ddk
    Do people just like to complain?
    Bingo. People complain to complain. Plus with a game as large as WoW it is impossible to make everyone happy at any given time.

10+ Year Old Account

I just couldn't get this out of my head when I saw the topic....
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It's called basic math.

What you're asking is for is a 1-in-10 million chance that every player will be satisfied with an expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

I just couldn't get this out of my head when I saw the topic....
    HAH! Glad I wasn't the only one! ^_^

Answer: By their very nature people are whiny, needy, asshats who are never satisfied and feel the burning need to make everyone else know just how unhappy and self important they feel at that precise moment.

I hope that helped.

Nah, but you'd have better luck finding reason if you sifted through the hyperbole to try to find it.

The added hyperbole that folks who don't understand add to the conversation is equally dumb. If a guy wants to post that he's upset, I honestly don't understand why some folks feel the need to say anything more than, "Yeah, idk - I like that <shrug>." Instead people gotta be assholes about it. It's unneccessary.

And the end results is a complete breakdown in civility and reason on both sides. It's a wonder anyone understands it, really.

"walks into thread"

wait..you people? what do you..oh wait, damn beat me to it. :/

Not sure if complaining about complaining people works...

10+ Year Old Account
    The critics and nay sayers will always, ALWAYS! Be more vocal than the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with you OP, I don't understand all the complainers either. You're right too every expansion that comes out there's always like an armada of haters complaining about something and saying how much this expansion is going to suck or how much it sucks and how they will quit. Yet they still seem to flock here or on the official WoW forums whenever Blizzard announces something. I just don't know why people who hate WoW can't just stay away from it instead of coming onto WoW forums and constantly complain about something that will never change and act like their whining and complaining is going to get Blizzard's attention and make them change whatever it is they hate so much.

People will say how much WoW is dumb and boring or how WoW is dead somehow but whenever Blizzard announces something or releases a new expansion they must still have an interest for the game because they keep coming back. It all comes down to this: they don't know what they want and Blizzard can't make everyone happy. You listen to one group of fans another group will hate the idea, you listen to that group and yet another group will hate the idea.

Either play the game for what it is and enjoy yourself and have fun with it or don't and quit the game and find another MMO to play.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-14 at 11:00 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It will on this forum.

I love WoW...and Blizzard...there...I said it! /group hug. Seriously though...the current state of social behaviour is to be an asshat because you're on the internet and can therefore get away with whatever you want. Personally I would rather treat people the way I want to be treated...whether RL or online.

Who you calling "you people," bro??

I'm not sure why you think everyone else should be limited to an opinion you can understand, OP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am constantly surprised at each and every expansion about the level of complaining and wild accusations that people throw around. And each and every expansion I think to myself, "Where do people come up with this stuff?" I think this because, from my point of view, I just don't see the problems that they're saying are monumentally catastrophic and make the game unplayable. I could go through a list of all the complaints I've seen come up about MoP and counter them with logic, reason, and fact and yet still these people would argue that the world was imploding.

Is it a vocal minority? Is it just trendy to jump on a bandwagon? Do people just like to complain?

I'm not saying WoW or Blizzard are perfect, but I also just don't see the problems in the game like other people seem to, or think that the problems that do exist are really that big a deal. Yet people put so much effort and resource into causing a kerfuffle over them that you'd think we were talking about world hunger or warcrimes.

Well, there are a few things that you should take into consideration:

1) Blizzard has listened, and reacted, to a lot of forum stuff. So people feel like being vocal on a forum will get you more of a response. If Blizz stopped responding to the wild complaints, and only addressed the well thought out complaints, then I think you would see a shift over time. Basically, Blizz feeds trolls, so trolls will continue.

2) WoW really is an awesome game that has captured people's hearts. So, they are very very attached to the game, and feel like it is part of them. So, they get very emotional when a "part of them" is being controlled/changed by someone else, and in a way that they do not agree with. Add to this the anonymity of forums, and they now get overly emotional over the smallest things.

3) It's tough, but you also need to try and look at the legitimacy of many of the larger complaints. There is a vocal minority aspect to it, but there is also some truth behind the larger issues that really get complained about. Like the whole "daily" thing. I have a strong feeling that Blizz is listening, but they are just holding off on major changes at this point. They want to ride it out a bit longer to see if the long term plan will work as intended. If not, then they will probably remove rep requirements for valor, or some other options to make it easier for people who don't want to put in the effort (of which there are quite a few).

EDIT - For the record, I really enjoy practically everything about the game. However, I also know that not everyone is like me, and therefore are entitled to their own opinions. Just because I like it, doesn't mean they have to.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-11-14 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, there are a few things that you should take into consideration:

1) Blizzard has listened, and reacted, to a lot of forum stuff. So people feel like being vocal on a forum will get you more of a response. If Blizz stopped responding to the wild complaints, and only addressed the well thought out complaints, then I think you would see a shift over time. Basically, Blizz feeds trolls, so trolls will continue.

2) WoW really is an awesome game that has captured people's hearts. So, they are very very attached to the game, and feel like it is part of them. So, they get very emotional when a "part of them" is being controlled/changed by someone else, and in a way that they do not agree with. Add to this the anonymity of forums, and they now get overly emotional over the smallest things.

3) It's tough, but you also need to try and look at the legitimacy of many of the larger complaints. There is a vocal minority aspect to it, but there is also some truth behind the larger issues that really get complained about. Like the whole "daily" thing. I have a strong feeling that Blizz is listening, but they are just holding off on major changes at this point. They want to ride it out a bit longer to see if the long term plan will work as intended. If not, then they will probably remove rep requirements for valor, or some other options to make it easier for people who don't want to put in the effort (of which there are quite a few).

EDIT - For the record, I really enjoy practically everything about the game. However, I also know that not everyone is like me, and therefore are entitled to their own opinions. Just because I like it, doesn't mean they have to.
    Agreed, and I don't think that all complaints should be silenced, but feedback needs to be given in a respectful manner. There is a world of difference (in many aspects) between "Dailies suck and will kill WoW. Blizz u need to fix this now or else u lost a sub" and "Dailies have not fulfilled the goal that it seems like you intended and here's why I think that: <x>, <y>, <z>. An idea that you may consider is <foo>."

I'm totally in favor of the latter, but the first is less than useless and has no place anywhere as far as I am concerned.

Yes, this is the Internet we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm not complaining about it so much as I am trying to understand it. Many of the accusations I read about every expansion seem to be either baseless, inaccurate, or take a very extreme viewpoint about what seems to be a pretty mild issue (at least in my eyes).

Take for example MoP dailies. These are a want, not a need. Now don't get me wrong, I despise dailies, and I feel that I should do them in order to get the rewards, but at the same time I can plainly see that Blizzard have designed the system so that you don't NEED to do them. To me, it's just blatantly obvious. And yet people make all sorts of claims about how they're absolutely necessary to do and that playing the game is impossible without them.

The same goes for LFR. People claiming that they're forced to do it when what I feel is plain and self-evident fact, is that you don't. It's simply not needed for progression. Sure, it makes it easier, but it's still not NEEDED. And even if it was, I've spent probably all of an hour a week in LFR. I go in, kill a boss, go out. Not the biggest of deals and certainly nothing to make a major issue out of.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not sure why you think everyone else should be limited to an opinion you can understand, OP.
    You realise that you're doing exactly what I did by saying you don't understand why it is I don't understand, right?

My post is an effort to understand other peoples opinions. Yours seems to just be snark.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."