Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    47 million now on welfare (way up) and he did lower the requirements with no requirements...
    Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?

You don't say . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how many people bash the people trying to do this, but guess what assholes ALL 50 STATS HAVE FILLED FOR SECESSION! So please stfu about the south being stupid, and stfu about people doing it being stupid, congrats your all in a state doing it....http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...40.html....The chance of any of these states actually seceding is about 0%, its the fact so many people want to, they are sick of the government and want change.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is a little too long...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, its completely gone viral. Isn't there one for Austin seceding, if Texas secedes, so it can rejoin the United States?

Yep, here it is.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-14 at 10:59 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth.

Tiny grain of truth? Do they get cell phones or not? PoLOLitico at its finest.
    Proof. Give me proof. We have presented our proof, you present your proof. Until then you have absolutely no foundation on which to base your argument on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    I love how many people bash the people trying to do this, but guess what assholes ALL 50 STATS HAVE FILLED FOR SECESSION! So please stfu about the south being stupid, and stfu about people doing it being stupid, congrats your all in a state doing it....http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...40.html....The chance of any of these states actually seceding is about 0%, its the fact so many people want to, they are sick of the government and want change.
    Its nothing more than the far right conservatives, which can be found in small numbers in every state, butthurt because Obama won. Nothing more.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Proof. Give me proof. We have presented our proof, you present your proof. Until then you have absolutely no foundation on which to base your argument on.
    The fact that they received cell phones isnt proof enough? Tiny grain of truth is what exactly? There is no grey area, its true or false...

"Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out. "

It was a comment made mid conversation behind the scene's. A tmz like camera got it and amplified the sound to make it audible since it was from another room.

"Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?"

Have you ever seen a dog chase its own tail?

"Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country. "

That a lot of natural gas, they would be like the saudi's. All that natural gas our current gov refuses to take = no competition.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-14 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they received cell phones isnt proof enough? Tiny grain of truth is what exactly? There is no grey area, its true or false...

"Unfortunately I can't even find the question that was asked of Romney to make him even make the 47% comment. I would like to find that but no website seems to want to give that info out. "

It was a comment made mid conversation behind the scene's. A tmz like camera got it and amplified the sound to make it audible since it was from another room.

"Welfare went up in a time of economic recession?"

Have you ever seen a dog chase its own tail?
    I think you lack a fundamental understanding on what "proof" is. Ie, link something legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I think you lack a fundamental understanding on what "proof" is. Ie, link something legitimate.
    How about that obama phone lady video? Are you debating whether or not people get gov funded cell phones? I really dont understand your side in something that is obvious/known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    "Yup, but if Texas were its own country, it would be entitled to up to 200 miles extending outwards from its baseline coast as its exclusive Economic Zone, just like every other country. "
    Internationally Agreed to Maritime Law States "This doctrine limited any nation's rights to the ocean to a narrow belt, traditionally 4.8 kilometers (3 miles), surrounding its coastline and declared the rest of the seas to be free to all nations and belonging to no one. ", Only the USA, UK, and Soviet Union ever said they had a special case and could claim more. The US claims 200 miles and has the worlds Largest Navy to back it up. Oh and the US enforces the 3 mile rule on all other nations.

In regards to the cell phones, there have been government phones since land lines were the only thing. I cannot find the article right now, but Obama isn't the one to get the ball rolling with "free phones". Tracfone is a part of this government plan and its been around for about a decade. The reason given for moving to cell phones instead of land lines is because the access or services are "getting cheaper", although I don't see how with every phone requiring a data plan in the next few years (a guess) and the cheapest one being about $80 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about that obama phone lady video? Are you debating whether or not people get gov funded cell phones? I really dont understand your side in something that is obvious/known.
    I couldn't care less. People whining about the nature of a democracy has little concern for me; although it does seem like you've grossly inflated the issue to present a problem where none existed. But regardless, if Grokan asked you to give proof to solidify your argument, and you continued with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric as you did before he asked for it, you haven't addressed his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkedged View Post
    In regards to the cell phones, there have been government phones since land lines were the only thing. I cannot find the article right now, but Obama isn't the one to get the ball rolling with "free phones". Tracfone is a part of this government plan and its been around for about a decade. The reason given for moving to cell phones instead of land lines is because the access or services are "getting cheaper", although I don't see how with every phone requiring a data plan in the next few years (a guess) and the cheapest one being about $80 a month.
    Ya, its foolish to say the obama administration giving cell phones to low income people isnt true. Not sure why the politico tried to spin that in their final analysis.

They also neglected to mention the requirements removed to obtain these phones, something obama did start.

"I couldn't care less. People whining about the nature of a democracy has little concern for me; although it does seem like you've grossly inflated the issue to present a problem where none existed. But regardless, if Grokan asked you to give proof to solidify your argument, and you continued with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric as you did before he asked for it, you haven't addressed his point. "

Do you need me to prove grass is green and the sky is blue? What are you actually debating? Are you saying they dont receive free cell phones?
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright Chad, since you can't present me with anything other than your own word, I'm left to think your're full of hot air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a good idea to me, to give poor people phones so they can communicate with potential employers and, ya know, get a job.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    By that extension we should provide them with computers and an internet connection, no? I understand libraries are there for that, but those computers aren't given to people.

And hey, I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Alright Chad, since you can't present me with anything other than your own word, I'm left to think your're full of hot air.
    Ahh, you missed his bias link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-phones-suppo/

Even bias links dont deny this. This however this is the statement i had issues with in their final analysis.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people.

He didnt cut the program so it still exists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Not really sure what your looking for, i didnt think the gov giving out phones was a discussion since its common knowledge.

" I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes. "

Logical thinking, you pander to your demograph like the other social programs. Much like romney was to the rich with his tax breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, you missed his bias link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-phones-suppo/

Even bias links dont deny this. This however this is the statement i had issues with in their final analysis.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people.

He didnt cut the program so it still exists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Not really sure what your looking for, i didnt think the gov giving out phones was a discussion since its common knowledge.

" I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes. "

Logical thinking, you pander to your demograph like the other social programs. Much like romney was to the rich with his tax breaks.
    But you can't pin the phone support on Obama, the low-income phone-support programs have existed since the creation of the Universal Service Fund back in 1997 under Bill Clinton.

The fact that people are idiots isn't limited to a specific demographic or voting bloc.

The basic concept is engendered in the 1934 Communications Act that basically said "people have a right to access rapid, efficient, nationwide communication services". So shit the concept of "free phones!" goes back to FDR. And since it was passed in his first year in office, it's likely to have been discussed several years prior under Herbert Hoover.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2012-11-14 at 11:51 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

Even in that image you can see where the US does not project its "Claimed Zone" through narrower strips of Mexico directly south of California. The line of the claimed ocean extends out at an angle from the southern border coastline. It would be pretty hard to justify extending their claim out to encompass the waters off the Texan coastline as there is a sizable chunk of ocean well beyond 200m from the border of Louisiana if Texas seceded.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But you can't pin the phone support on Obama, the low-income phone-support programs have existed since the creation of the Universal Service Fund back in 1997 under Bill Clinton.

The fact that people are idiots isn't limited to a specific demographic or voting bloc.

The basic concept is engendered in the 1934 Communications Act that basically said "people have a right to access rapid, efficient, nationwide communication services". So shit the concept of "free phones!" goes back to FDR. And since it was passed in his first year in office, it's likely to have been discussed several years prior under Herbert Hoover.
    What i can pin on him is taking away the work requirement to qualify for these phones. Work requirement is looking for a job, not having one. But then again these people cant get a photo id over the span of 4 years to combat voter fraud, i guess 2 interviews a month is asking a lot...

I never have to work again, i get $550 a month for food and a $80 cell phone plan. Im 18 btw.

You will always receive these benefits if you choose to work or not. All you have to do is vote democrat!!!