Thread: LFR loot idea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The loot you get from Raid finder should come with the typical 2 hour trade window. It would pretty much fix every problem there is with the whole system. You could give away or trade your duplicates or stuff you dont need or want.

Also Guild run LFR would be useful again.
    This will lead to is funneling of gear, similar to what occurred when LFR first came out. Top guilds will be sending in multiple alts with every main just to funnel the gear they need to the main. Gear needs to remain untradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    An idea I have to maybe encourage people to keep trucking along .
    I have an idea. Let's remove LFR loot altogether. That way we will have less pointless threads about how people can't get loot determined by random chance (like it is determined in every other scenario in the game) and how they are entitled to free purples because they queue for half an hour in order to roll their face along their keyboard.

Seriously. LFR was never intended as a valid way to gear up. It's so people can see the raid content. Stop treating it like a loot pinata and go do normal raids if gear is that important to you.

What's that? Your guild can't down normals? Well then you simply don't deserve raid epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    This will lead to is funneling of gear, similar to what occurred when LFR first came out. Top guilds will be sending in multiple alts with every main just to funnel the gear they need to the main. Gear needs to remain untradeable.
    I dont see the issue with funneling anymore. In LFR previous form it was a legitimate concern that people would take away loot from people who signed up alone. But now as gear is personal roll, guilds would not be taking away anything from anyone.

It would just mean that if you have the friends you could gear faster. If you dont have friends, maybe its time to get some or suck it up with your roll&bonus roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I dont see the issue with funneling anymore. In LFR previous form it was a legitimate concern that people would take away loot from people who signed up alone. But now as gear is personal roll, guilds would not be taking away anything from anyone.
    If funneling were still viable, people would be complaining on the forums that they're being forced to run LFR to funnel gear to their guildmates.

You think I'm kidding?

It would just mean that if you have the friends you could gear faster. If you dont have friends, maybe its time to get some or suck it up with your roll&bonus roll.
    If Blizzard wanted you to gear faster, they would increase the droprate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually the new system is kinda bad in the long run. Seems like a quick fix to the ninja solution only. I mean if everyone is running the LFR each week they would end up getting what they wanted sooner or later (with the old system) because once some people have it they stop passing (if it was an ideal world) and more and more people would pass on loot. With this new system with individual rolls we will never pass on loot meaning we have the same chance to get loot in the first week as we do in the 10000th week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Actually the new system is kinda bad in the long run. Seems like a quick fix to the ninja solution only. I mean if everyone is running the LFR each week they would end up getting what they wanted sooner or later (with the old system) because once some people have it they stop passing (if it was an ideal world) and more and more people would pass on loot. With this new system with individual rolls we will never pass on loot meaning we have the same chance to get loot in the first week as we do in the 10000th week.
    This logic assumes that people would be willing to pass on epics that they could vendor/disenchant/offspec gear to strangers out of the goodness of their heart.

99% of the time this isn't the case.

Similarly, this isn't intended as a way for you to gear up. Get over yourselves. Blizzard didn't design LFR with the idea in mind that people would be running it every week for the entire expansion, that's what normal mode raids are for.

Deleted
    Old system example:

15% chance for your item to drop...and than a 20% chance to actually win the item.

New system:

15% chance for an item...profit when lucky ONCE. + extra 15% chance on another item

Deleted
    Wtb better chance of getting items from lfr!

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    No it's designed to waste your points. Gear is suppose to come from bosses now. The game has changed, VP isn't as important as it use to be.

RNG sucks but there are options, but if you just don't want to do dailies your other option is hit LFR or regular raiding till you get the drop. Which is your choice (hence optional).

Not saying that this system is perfect either but its not as bad as people claim. Try going back to dead wastes now that you have good gear. You can finish questing through that in a couple of hours.
    It isn't designed to waste points. The upgrade system is in place so that the problem of people falling behind due to rng isn't an issue anymore.

RNG sucks and they removed the best option for combating it unless of course you do dailies. Hitting up LFR is still more rng and saying it's a choice is clever because it is but it's also not a very compelling choice. In fact refusing to pay for a sub was a far more compelling choice and that 15 bucks I save can go towards better games and a better experience overall. If the choice Blizzard is offering me is do this or suck it up and accept the dice roll Diablo game then I may as well go play Diablo. I want to be rewarded for my 3 hours in lfr wiping on amber shaper. Without dailies that doesn't happen often enough for my tastes and frankly I feel for many others tastes.

It's bad. As bad as people claim. It's got so many holes and it forgets so many lessons that we thought they had learned in the past. Saying gear is supposed to come from bosses is basically saying go back to vanilla. It is an extremely rose colored nostalgic view of things that the developers have embraced, much like dungeons should be hard. World of Warcraft became the massive success that it was by moving away from that sort of thing. Making loot harder to get doesn't make it more rewarding when you do get loot, it just makes the game more frustrating. It will change and change soon enough. Then you can tell me how much better this system is after sub numbers nose dive..
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-15 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Yes... I did it just a bit ago... 2 bosses in 1 spec, 1 boss in another, today got spec-respective drops thanks to RNG. But I must tell you - it's quite a cheating, and it is such a misery, especially if someone will notice and start crying out loud about it.
    Yeah, I actually queue this way on my paladin. Queue as dps, then either off-tank or heal depending on what I need while I gear up to the point where I feel comfortable doing either as a main spec. No one seems to care if I'm off-healing, and I've actually saved a couple fights when I've been prot dps'ing by throwing on righteous fury when a tank went down and we were out of bresses. It's not like the enrage timers are tough, and I'm contributing. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I have an idea. Let's remove LFR loot altogether. That way we will have less pointless threads about how people can't get loot determined by random chance (like it is determined in every other scenario in the game) and how they are entitled to free purples because they queue for half an hour in order to roll their face along their keyboard.

Seriously. LFR was never intended as a valid way to gear up. It's so people can see the raid content. Stop treating it like a loot pinata and go do normal raids if gear is that important to you.

What's that? Your guild can't down normals? Well then you simply don't deserve raid epics.
    My guild has nothing to do with this post or my struggles with the LFR loot system. Their progression through normal and heroic does not effect me because I work 40-50 hour weeks and most of those hours are at night.

WoW's endgame revolves around a treadmill of dungeons and raids with a progression of gear that allows you to compete at higher levels. I pay 15 dollars a month every month because I enjoy the gear progression. This game caters to hardcore players and casuals alike. It has 10 million+ subs more than any other MMO. A market I might add that is becoming more and more saturated by the day. It has 10 million subs because it caters to players like me and the players who are able to dedicate 4 nights a week to raiding.

For you to say LFR is only about seeing content and not about gear is arrogant, immature and frankly, stupid. If that were the case, Blizzard would have no gear drop from the bosses. LFR gives me a chance to progress my gear to a level where on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I might be able to join a trade chat pug and see some normal or even heroic content. If you don't see that as a valid way of gearing up a character than I'm sorry to flame, but you're an idiot.

The LFR loot system at the moment is making my progression extremely difficult and taxing. I love this game and I put great effort into ensuring my character is the best it can possibly be. Right down to napkin math, ep weights and spreadsheets. I feel like I've hit a brick wall though. I'd venture to say I'm probably more adept at "normals" then the above average WoW player but then again, I've had my account since launch so I'd hope I've learned a thing or two.