Deleted

Oh boy.. I need a new mouse!

Hello

My Logitech g400 - which is/was a lovely mouse btw. - is not what it used to be. Long story short I need a new mouse and since I'm in love with the Razer products I would love to get one of these.

Taipan, Mamba, Deathadder, which one? The price is very different but I guess the more you pay the more quality you get? Right? But aint Deathadder - as the cheapest one - still good enough? It looks the same as Mamba if we don't take the wireless thingy with.

I'm just worried that the plastic on the sides will make me crazy with the time. I've always liked it raw because shiny/slick plastic becomes easily dirty and sweaty. Or is Deathadder really that good?

Okay OKAY okay... so help me out, help me find ma mouse!

Thanks bye

Why not get new G400 if you liked it? Razer is overrated.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you don't need a 15+ button MMO mouse, get the logitech G500. I have two of them, it's a high quality product, however it is pretty ugly... they even made a design that resembles two month old dirt on the mouse. Weird.

I'm also using the Razer Naga and I'm pretty happy with it so far (almost 6 months in use).

I would be careful with the Taipan, I once returned some other Razor "Snake" mouse because the two buttons on the right side were absolutely inaccessible for me. This may be a personal issue, but test it first somewhere.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-11-14 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought this a few months ago and I love it. A friend of mine who plays FPS games professionally uses it along with his clan.
    http://www.amazon.com/Zowie-Gear-Opt.../dp/B0080HN5BG

10+ Year Old Account
    Please read this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-especially)

Stay away from Razer if you want durability, they last an average of 1-2 years, if not shorter.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Please read this thread:

Stay away from Razer if you want durability, they last an average of 1-2 years, if not shorter.
    My Razer Naga has about 6 months now, im really happy with it. And i wouldnt mind if it becomes useless in 1 year or 2, because i usually bought cheap mouses that lasted less than that before getting the Naga.
    I dont use the 12 side buttons, just 6 or 7 but it became a really important part on most of the games i play now !

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Taipan myself. It's a nice solid mouse. I've had Razer mice in the past that have broken within a relatively short time sure. But this one does seem more solid than the rest. As for the buttons on the right side as someone mentioned before, they're not meant to be exactly accessible for someone using their right hand it's meant for someone who uses their left hand as their mouse hand hence why it's an ambidextrous mouse.

Please read this thread:

@OP of the ones you listed I would go with the deathadder if you want a mmo mouse I would give the naga a try or the G600

Just got my M90 in the mail today. Made me giggle that the scroll wheel was clearly broken in the unopened box. On the other hand my naga is still going strong after 3 years of service Not "all" razer mice explode on unpacking as these boards would lead you to believe :\ just most

Of course every company will have a few bad apples so I'll give the M90 a fair shot when I get another one in the mail. And if you wondering why I got the M90 if my naga is still in working order is purely for aesthetics My case is black with white leds and I want my peripherals to match and I thought I would try out the M90 first before getting the naga epic because 1. M90 is cheaper 2. reviews saying the M90 is more durable and of better build quality than razer products

Now I'm just waiting for my ducky shine and another M90 to arrive and my setup will be complete I'll have to borrow a camera and post some pics when its all together ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    @OP of the ones you listed I would go with the deathadder if you want a mmo mouse I would give the naga a try or the G600

Just got my M90 in the mail today. Made me giggle that the scroll wheel was clearly broken in the unopened box. On the other hand my naga is still going strong after 3 years of service Not "all" razer mice explode on unpacking as these boards would lead you to believe :\ just most

Of course every company will have a few bad apples so I'll give the M90 a fair shot when I get another one in the mail. And if you wondering why I got the M90 if my naga is still in working order is purely for aesthetics My case is black with white leds and I want my peripherals to match and I thought I would try out the M90 first before getting the naga epic because 1. M90 is cheaper 2. reviews saying the M90 is more durable and of better build quality than razer products

Now I'm just waiting for my ducky shine and another M90 to arrive and my setup will be complete I'll have to borrow a camera and post some pics when its all together ^^
    So you're agreeing on me that Razer has bad QA.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

So you're agreeing on me that Razer has bad QA.
    In short yes. happy now ^^

Just because the razer products I have owned have been outstanding does not mean they all are. I'm open minded. I like to think of it as playing the razer lottery small chance you get something good most of the time you lose. I've won 3 out of 3 times =)
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Please read this thread:

I beg to differ.

I have a Naga that's 2 years old and going strong. I also had a Lycosa keyboard that I got in early '08 that I only just replaced a couple of months ago (only because I upgraded to a mechanical keyboard).
    Not sure if it counts, but I also have a n52te speedpad that I bought back when Belkin was making them instead of Razer (got it in mid/late '08) that's also still going strong.

edit: not to say that there have never been problems with Razer products. I just haven't experienced any myself and I have a fair number of their items.

(another)edit: I've really only ever had problems with one mouse that i've ever owned and it was the SteelSeries WoW mouse (the original one). The build quality was shit and the metal coating on the mouse's plastic body started rubbing off onto my hand almost immediately. Not to mention several buttons were dead within 3 months and the optics were beginning to fritz out...
    Last edited by Raenas; 2012-11-15 at 08:28 AM. Reason: afterthoughts
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

I must disagree with the generalised Naga/Razer hate. I loved my Naga for one and a half years, until its laser started to become less responsive.

However, the Logitech G600 is fast becoming my favourite mouse of all time. The last one I liked the pure feel of as much before this was a toss up between the MX300 and the G5.

Deleted
    If you want plenty of buttons get either a wired Naga or a Logitech G600.

My Naga died a month or so back, and I've had it since it's launch.

The G600 however feels sturdier and I am liking it a lot. It's better if you have larger hands, the Naga is a tiny mouse compared to some.

If not, I'd 100% recommend a G500. I used one just before I got my G600 when a very kind friend lent me his, it's built like a brick shit-house.

Deleted
    Had my deathadder since '07, still going strong, mousewheel went a bit funny at one point, but it turned out it was full of dirt xD The glide pads are wearing pretty thin now, and some of the coating on the top has started to wear off, but that's expected after 5 years right?

Missus has been using a Diamondback for 4+ years now, but the mousewheel's started playing up recently. Got loads of mates with deathadders and they've not 'only lasted 1-2 years' all going strong!