Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

new MMOs being released soon?

im wondering is there any new mmo's being released soon ? ( within the next few years). im looking for something to replace WoW, since MoP was released it doesnt feel as good to play now ...

Deleted
    Well there's always new stuff coming out. It depends on what you actually want.

Another wow?

Something new? I'm looking for the latter, and - that's right - I'm still looking.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Well, Elder Scrolls Online is coming down the line mid-late 2013, You also have planetside 2, dust 514, and a couple others coming, if you want a WoW clone, RIFT just released an expansion, and it is actually looking pretty good.
    Dust 514 is for ps3 :S looks like a good game but unfortunally i dont have a ps3 lol, dont like elder scroll games and planetside 2 doesnt look that great ethier .. i guess ill just browse the net for up comming mmos

Archeage
    Bless
    Wildstar
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Raiderz
    Blade & Soul
    Firefall
    Neverwinter

All coming soon. They look pretty good.

Elder Scrolls Online isn't really like the single player games post-TES3.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    check out tera

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about Rift?

It definitely takes some of the better aspects of WoW and expands on them. Also, they just came out with their newest expansion (I think) which seemed pretty promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    dust 514
    The fact that Dust 514 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive really pisses me off. To release a game that's a tie-in to a PC MMO on an aged console is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    What about Rift?

It definitely takes some of the better aspects of WoW and expands on them. Also, they just came out with their newest expansion (I think) which seemed pretty promising.
    Theyve added so much that you can't even call it a WoW clone anymore.

Leaderboards, Dimensions (Player Housing), Mentoring, Vet. Rewards, 3 Faction Keep Seige PvP, No Factions Outside Said Keep Seige (Okay 98% no factions), Instant Adventures, Onsalughts, Player Weddings...........

Shall I go on?

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Theyve added so much that you can't even call it a WoW clone anymore.

Leaderboards, Dimensions (Player Housing), Mentoring, Vet. Rewards, 3 Faction Keep Seige PvP, No Factions Outside Said Keep Seige (Okay 98% no factions), Instant Adventures, Onsalughts, Player Weddings...........

Shall I go on?
    You are 100% right.

(but the word 'clone' wasn't in my statement...for the reason that I don't consider it one.)

10+ Year Old Account
    A GOOD sci-fi MMO would be really welcomed by me. Something a little different than just a shooter or a ship simulator. Maybe with a more cyberpunk/Blade Runner type theme, or even something more along the lines of near future, paranormal/government conspiracy type of vibe (think X-Files or Fringe)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    The fact that Dust 514 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive really pisses me off. To release a game that's a tie-in to a PC MMO on an aged console is inexcusable.
    Same here. I can understand them wanting a piece of that market share...but if they went with PC they could have gotten quite a few players without cannibalizing EVE. Plenty of people out there enjoy FPS PvP and wouldn't touch EVE even if it was F2P.

A GOOD sci-fi MMO would be really welcomed by me. Something a little different than just a shooter or a ship simulator. Maybe with a more cyberpunk/Blade Runner type theme, or even something more along the lines of near future, paranormal/government conspiracy type of vibe (think X-Files or Fringe)
    if you after the paranormal there is the secret world, not sre about the other stuff though non games that i can think of

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked out 'The Secret World'? I thought that game was outstanding in several regards especially in regards to story delivery and questing. About as x-files of an MMO as you could ever hope for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Have you checked out 'The Secret World'? I thought that game was outstanding in several regards especially in regards to story delivery and questing. About as x-files of an MMO as you could ever hope for.
    Going to be honest, The Secret World looks retarded. I have no defense for my argument either, it's a just my gut reaction.

Going to be honest, The Secret World looks retarded. I have no defense for my argument either, it's a just my gut reaction.
    Sign up for the trial, nothing to lose but some hard drive space. Personally, I love it. It's worth checking out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So baseless disqualification of something you were actually ASKING for.

No worries, but you shouldn't go around asking for something and then offer no qualifying or supporting statements beyond 'looks retarded' as a rebuttal. That model of thinking is something my three year old does. Everyone has preferences but we'll at least go through the two minutes of trouble to qualify our statements of 'likes' and 'dislikes'.

Neverwinter Online looks fun

hmm...what else...

Dragon Prophet

..and project Theralon (given we dont know really anything 'bout it yet)

rift is really great. they got a free trail till lvl 20. and you could buy the game+exp+30 day sub for only 35 euro on there site. or 45 if you want the digital delux.

Planetside 2 is the only one I'm looking forward too, it actually is doing something new (or rather something that hasn't been done in a long time).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Archage
    The Origins of Malu
    Greedmonger
    Everquest:Next
    Pathfinder Online

The most promising sandbox coming "not too late"