Thread: Wow Cupcakes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Should make a Fel-cupcake next :P Those look delicious.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Simple cupcakes with a fondant design. Nothing special.
    I like this. Seriously, those aren't amazing by any real stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous that you come on here just to post something rude. Please make some of your own, you sound like you could do much better.

I think they are cute. Good job.

White knighting much?

Actually, that's all this thread will be.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I never got the appeal of black decorations at a wedding. They're okay I guess, Im with the other poster on them not being that impressive.

*Er, jumped to assumptions thinking it was for a wedding. Off topic, I still think black colors or WoW themed weddings are tacky.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2012-11-15 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sad that anyone would come into a thread where someone is just being happy about something and post for the sole purpose of cutting them down. This isn't a debate. We're not deconstructing a poor argument. Some types of criticism are never constructive.

It's not about white knighting its about being a decent person and not pissing on someone's parade just because you can.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It makes me sad that anyone would come into a thread where someone is just being happy about something and post for the sole purpose of cutting them down. This isn't a debate. We're not deconstructing a poor argument. Some types of criticism are never constructive.

It's not about white knighting its about being a decent person and not pissing on someone's parade just because you can.
    Im not attacking the op, but there was a thread not too long ago of some guy delivering a "You Suck and Will Never be Special" speech to a graduating HS class, and most posters here favored him peeing on their parade.

Just thought it was interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

It's not about pissing on a parade, and now you're trying to white knight more.

This really stinks of the current "everyone is a winner" attitude of modern culture.

There is no reason to be proud of such a minor accomplishment, especially one so minor as "lightly decorated cupcake".

When your cupcakes resemble any of these it will be impressive.

As it is, they are a minor accomplishment. They're cool, yeah. Not nearly worthy of an entire thread that's going to be nothing but six or so pages of White Knighting until it's forgotten.

Like the cupcakes will be forgotten, after they're eaten.

I find it amusing that this is a forum that regularly wants LFR removed because they don't want casuals to feel special and rages against the "special snowflake" mentality are at the same time berating people giving criticism for not making the OP feel like... a special snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that Orc is thinking: "LFM for Cupcake. Need Tank, Healer and a glass of Milk. Pst with ilvl and achievement."

Still kudos on the cupcakes, I couldn't boil water to save my life nevermind bake pastries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You need more hugs in your life...And the cupcakes in your link that are 'special' require no more talent than the cupcake the OP posted. Both are good, don't get me wrong, but at least the OP's cupcake had more than simple circles on the top for design >.>

Also stop using the word white kight..you are wearing it out.
    Please click all three links. Each word is a seperate link. This was pulled in 20s of Googling.

#2 and #3 strike me as very impressive. The individual units of #1 are poor, but as a whole they make something very neat.

And I have the exact amount of hugs I desire. That is irrelevant to my dislike of everything about this thread and what will happen with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    It's not about pissing on a parade, and now you're trying to white knight more.

This really stinks of the current "everyone is a winner" attitude of modern culture.

There is no reason to be proud of such a minor accomplishment, especially one so minor as "lightly decorated cupcake".

When your cupcakes resemble these it will be impressive.

As it is, they are a minor accomplishment. They're cool, yeah. Not nearly worthy of an entire thread that's going to be nothing but six or so pages of White Knighting until it's forgotten.

Like the cupcakes will be forgotten, after they're eaten.

I find it amusing that this is a forum that regularly wants LFR removed because they don't want casuals to feel special and rages against the "special snowflake" mentality are at the same time berating people giving criticism for not making the OP feel like... a special snowflake.

Not to come off rude but I thought it was cool that my friend made them. No reason to come in and get upset over someone sharing something. You know they do have treatment for Oppositional Defiant Disorder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to come off rude but I thought it was cool that my friend made them. No reason to come in and get upset over someone sharing something. You know they do have treatment for Oppositional Defiant Disorder
    I like that your response to my post was a thinly veiled ad hominem attack. You'll do well here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I like that your response to my post was a thinly veiled ad hominem attack. You'll do well here.
    It was a observation about your behavior and it could have been worded to sound allot worst.

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here to see cupcakes, not some sour person pissing on a fun thread.

Nice cupcakes, I like the little Orc beside them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone post the other image for me ? from post 30?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank You mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I cant post photos but here is some of her other stuff

tinypic(dot)com/r/2u94faw/6

tinypic(dot)com/r/2i8bvup/6

tinypic(dot)com/r/261yt14/6
    tinypic(dot)com/r/fbw180/6

tinypic(dot)com/r/10eevc4/6
    tinypic(dot)com/r/10xddmb/6

tinypic(dot)com/r/30ue8nb/6
    Very amateur looking job, but I certainly enjoy seeing people do what they like. I do have to agree with some of the others in the thread and say that they're nothing special. Just because people state an honest opinion doesn't make them rude.

I saw this same post on the forums. I think people flip their shit because "OMG WOW ON A CUPCAKE HOW COOL U R SO TALENTED" when in reality it takes very little skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I came here to see cupcakes, not some sour person pissing on a fun thread.

Nice cupcakes, I like the little Orc beside them.
    Fun Threads go here.

I find it funny that people are spending time criticizing a comment because it doesn't match theirs. Not only are people getting in a tizzy over such a non-issue, but doing it so much, that it only serves to enhance the alleged "rudeness".

A couple of the other ones show some potential, but the original picture is rather "meh". I'd imagine it's cool to those who don't know a whole lot about decoration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Very amateur looking job, but I certainly enjoy seeing people do what they like. I do have to agree with some of the others in the thread and say that they're nothing special. Just because people state an honest opinion doesn't make them rude.

I saw this same post on the forums. I think people flip their shit because "OMG WOW ON A CUPCAKE HOW COOL U R SO TALENTED" when in reality it takes very little skill.
    Options are one thing post 27 was just being antagonistic, belligerent, bellicose, truculent, quarrelsome, contentious.

Also I did not even make it a friend did. I thought it was cool cause it was a wow cupcake.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-11-15 at 07:10 AM.