Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forsaken Customization

Its no secret plenty of people love the undead race. But I know many people dont like playing them because the breaks in armor for like elbows and knees and other reasons. So i was wondering if people would be more open to pick them as their race if you could customize how decomposed they are. This would also probably have a huge impact on RP. Thoughts?

In china the undead don't have any decomposed parts, and to be honest I like it. I really hate how much of the armor is just disregarded due to the decomposed part, and I would definitely enjoy a customizable dead area.

Spine sticking through cloaks = far more annoying and my major gripe with the model.

I'll never undestand why they have exposed bones between meaty parts but can somehow be killed with a knife.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

You should put this on the official forums because I'm far too lazy to do it. This is definitely an annoyance for myself and I'm sure many other Undead players out there...

There is a specific set of gear I would love to xmog on my Undead Warloc but I can't because of the bones sticking out of the chest, knees, and (most importantly) the cloak.
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

yepp, absolutely hate the bone through the cloak, it makes me cringe and feel like my own spine is out of place. Oh well, i still play UD.

15+ Year Old Account
    its pretty much the entire reason i've only ever played undead casters, which are bad enough on the bone sticking out front, and never a melee character as they look ridiculous...

I'd play undead if I could choose other 'dead' race - like a dead blood elf etc.. I'd take that customization over sticking/not sitcking bones..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

This is the one and only reason why I will never play a Forsaken. I would play one all day if they didn't look so goddamn ridiculous with those bones sticking out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'd play undead if I could choose other 'dead' race - like a dead blood elf etc.. I'd take that customization over sticking/not sitcking bones..
    Lore trumps gameplay so there's always a way, but the reason all the Forsaken are Humans is that the plague and Val'kyr can only raise Humans. It takes the Lich King's special powers(or another extremely powerful Necromancer, but I think the Lich King is the only one to have done it) to raise one of the other races. The reason isn't very clear, other than "we came up with this to explain why the Forsaken are all Humans".

Deleted
    My first char was an undead. I love them. I always have, beginning at WC3. But this is one of my biggest issues about the Forsaken. The missing customisation is just extreme regarding this race.

While at it though, they could also add some more customisation to the other races, like height and general body shape. I'd like a fat dwarf for example, or a fitter panda. Imagine a smaller tauren. Things like these would be little to not even noticeable at all regarding gameplay, but it would be a huge factor regarding roleplay. Most people who don't even roleplay still like the little RP aspects like character customisation, which is extremely minor in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Lore trumps gameplay so there's always a way, but the reason all the Forsaken are Humans is that the plague and Val'kyr can only raise Humans. It takes the Lich King's special powers(or another extremely powerful Necromancer, but I think the Lich King is the only one to have done it) to raise one of the other races. The reason isn't very clear, other than "we came up with this to explain why the Forsaken are all Humans".
    Yet their faction leader is not only a former Elf, but at some point a Banshee - a ghosts that was possessing other bodies (until she got her own ;P)
    Before Cataclysm Forsaken were not raised by the Val'kyrs, but were freed from the power of the LK..
    The only valid reason (except obvious - it was too much work for Blizz) I always found was that Forsaken were created from the bodies of people of Loarderon - which was inhabited by humans.. But even that - lorewise - doesn't mean that there could not be a playable undead elf, dwarf or orc... They all died in the plague, many of them were rised and then freed from the LKs powers.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    They're fine if you wear a robe but if you wear pants it looks like you're running around in shorts.

15+ Year Old Account
    while current lore implies its not going to happen in game i'd like to play an undead troll ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'll never undestand why they have exposed bones between meaty parts but can somehow be killed with a knife.
    Did the dragon arrive in your mailbox yet ?

Yet their faction leader is not only a former Elf, but at some point a Banshee - a ghosts that was possessing other bodies (until she got her own ;P)
    Before Cataclysm Forsaken were not raised by the Val'kyrs, but were freed from the power of the LK..
    The only valid reason (except obvious - it was too much work for Blizz) I always found was that Forsaken were created from the bodies of people of Loarderon - which was inhabited by humans.. But even that - lorewise - doesn't mean that there could not be a playable undead elf, dwarf or orc... They all died in the plague, many of them were rised and then freed from the LKs powers.....
    The current generation of Undead are raised by the Val'kyr, who cannot raise anything but Humans. Not liking it doesn't change the lore, which is basically just Blizzard's way of saying, "No, you can't be a Forsaken Elf or Dwarf." I'm not sure how far the timeline has advanced but we've got to be 2-3 years from the death of the Lich King. Any random undead Orc or Elf or Dwarf or whatever who waited that long to show up and break free of the Lich King's will would probably just be viewed with suspicion and locked up in Undercity's dungeons next to Kolitra.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-11-15 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Spine sticking through cloaks = far more annoying and my major gripe with the model.
    This is the only reason why I don't play Forsaken. I don't care about the elbows/knees whatever, but seeing the spine just makes my back itch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it will be something that will change or be an option when they update the models. I do also prefer them to not have gaps in their armour.

TBH, I like the bones sticking out through armor. I guess I wouldn't mind the option though, more customization is always good. The thing I really wish is more features without the glowy eyes. Just dark pits look much better, but I don't want all of my characters using the same two eyeless features :s

Actually, Blizzard went to great lengths to make sure the Forsaken are pretty much all human. The Banshees, Dark Rangers, and Sylvanas are supposed to be rare among the population, the higher caste, but not anywhere close to the norm.

They did this by explaining two things.

For the old lore, The Lich King created the plague to only affect humanity with great potency. The plague didn't work on other races the same way, which is why he needed Arthas to siege Quel'Thalas the old fashioned way. Arthas himself then raised the elves using other methods, most of them either becoming banshees (Sylvanas) or Death Knights (Koltira), but none of them ghouls (which are what the Forsaken were turning into, thus the claw hands and messed up bone posture). That was the curse designed specifically for humanity.

New lore involving the Val'kyr goes to further lengths to point out they can only raise humans into the Forsaken mix. Two plot points in Silverpine even rely on this fact, the first being that the 7th Legion sent an army of "non-humans" to prevent losses being turned to the Forsaken side, the second being that Crowley convinced the refugees of Hillsbrad to drink his blood and become Worgen so that they were thus immune from turning. For the Val'kyr to raise a non-human requires the Val'kyr to sacrifice it's own life essence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    while current lore implies its not going to happen in game i'd like to play an undead troll ^_^
    Never thought of that before!

Undeads are all previous humans, would be cool if you could chose an undead that was another race other than human but I don't see that happening.

As for remodeling the undead, I think they are just fine to be honest.