Rotation when using Heart of the Wild as Rdruid

Hello!

I am a complete ignorant when it comes to feral cats, as that's the only spec out of the four I've never used. I am looking for a simple answer to a simple question: When I pop Heart of the Wild as Rdruid, what rotation should I use? Looking at the skills I have, I'm assuming it's something like "apply Rake, spam Mangle until 5 Combo points (Swipe if multi target) and then Ferocious Bite"... but I dunno, I tested on dummies and I felt kinda weak (was using 1h/oh, maybe 2h staff is better?).

Thanks!

Don't feral druids use shred or something

Its as you say, apply rake, spam mangle, rip (if you have it), if all are up ferocious bite.
    Regarding the weapon, two hander is generally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Hello!

I am a complete ignorant when it comes to feral cats, as that's the only spec out of the four I've never used. I am looking for a simple answer to a simple question: When I pop Heart of the Wild as Rdruid, what rotation should I use? Looking at the skills I have, I'm assuming it's something like "apply Rake, spam Mangle until 5 Combo points (Swipe if multi target) and then Ferocious Bite"... but I dunno, I tested on dummies and I felt kinda weak (was using 1h/oh, maybe 2h staff is better?).

Thanks!
    Use rip, not ferocious bite

Feral dps is based on weapon damage, I'm not sure how HoTW scales it for resto but if I had to guess I would say you absolutely need a staff

If we're talking about pve, can't you just wrath spam?

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    Don't feral druids use shred or something
    non-ferals dont get shred

Pretty sure I don't get Rip (I'll check when I get home). As for Wrath spam, I do way less dps and waste mana, so it's kinda out of the question.

For PvP I'm beginning to use this in 2v2 and it's going well, it's a nice little burst!

Thanks for the input so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Pretty sure I don't get Rip (I'll check when I get home). As for Wrath spam, I do way less dps and waste mana, so it's kinda out of the question.

For PvP I'm beginning to use this in 2v2 and it's going well, it's a nice little burst!

check my "macro spring cleaning" for some relevent feral macros- I really need to update that thread and fix some of them but it'll give you some ideas. For pvp you'll need a good stealth target search/pounce macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Use rip, not ferocious bite
    [...]
    non-ferals dont get shred
    Resto druids don't get Rip either.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive

When you use Heart of the Wild as Resto, MF and Wrath are free.
    So in some way HotW is a mana cooldown

But if you use HotW in PvP and start casting Wrath you run the risk of getting nature school locked when you are interruped, meaning that you also have a lock on you healing spells.

Since you said rotation, I'm gonna assume you're talking about PVE. In this case, forget going Cat and simply spam Moonfire and Wrath in caster form.

They nerfed HoTW a while ago and after the changes, you do more damage in the 45 second window as caster.
    Ashr

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Consider applying Moonfire with caster weapon equipped (weaponswitching macros needed). The cat rotation is as you described it. You could also use Int pot as it benefits both Moonfire and cat attacks due to Killer Instinct, but I don't know if it's justified in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by rmq View Post
    Consider applying Moonfire with caster weapon equipped (weaponswitching macros needed). The cat rotation is as you described it. You could also use Int pot as it benefits both Moonfire and cat attacks due to Killer Instinct, but I don't know if it's justified in PvP.
    I've used HotW on a few fights and just prepot and pop it for the first 45 seconds of the fight using moonfire and wrath spam. Don't know what numbers you can pull as feral for this fight, but I prefer to be in caster form and able to throw out a heal if necessary without worrying about weapon switching. I burst at about 65-70k dps for that time on Blade-Lord and 90k on Garalon, which is not insignificant damage.

I don't have any testing to back this up, but I think the ideal damage output is casting moonfire then going cat keeping up rake and when rake is up and energy is low and moonfire is about to drop reapply moonfire then repeat until just before heart is done when you should either use 4+ points on a bite or if at 0-3 points refresh rake and moonfire at the last second as they will maintain their damage from heart.

Most of the time I just do wrath spam though due to caster targetting mechanics like wind bomb or resonance.

you only have rake, mangle and ferocious bite.

just keep rake up, mangle to 5 cps, then FB.

Deleted
    on gara'jal heroic the burn phase you are able to push over 110 k dps in 45 sec window if using pot/berserking (if troll) with healer gear, and zero dps gems/reforges. Going cat is much much less viable at this point indeed.

On windlord if you pop HotW and just use hurricane on adds your dps peaks to 250-300 k for the duration of HotW, so you should really do it as a caster, this way its more effective.
    Last edited by mmocde5d59dbc4; 2012-11-16 at 09:20 AM.

Wow some terrible suggestions here. Use jade serpent potion, cast moonfire - go catform and use: rake, mangle to 5combo points then ferocious bite. Refresh Moonfire/rake and repeat

Does anyone have some logs for comparison of the moonfire wrath combo versus going cat with rake, mangle and ferocious bite?