Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah its a tooltip bug, also on ptr, enveloping mist has a new icon!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    The fact it has 0% everywhere strongly suggests this is an error.
    Yea, it's not even official build notes. We should wait for those. The numbers may have change.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Yea, it's not even official build notes. We should wait for those. The numbers may have change.
    If not, I Have pitchforks and I know where they live...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    If not, I Have pitchforks and I know where they live...
    I smell other nerfs too...

Quote Originally Posted by waterdust View Post
    I am currnetly in a casual 10 man raiding team which are still doing Mogushan vaults. (We do 2 nights a week and this is our first time raiding as a group)
    Now since i do not practice all that much with my MW monk, i will probably need more experience with the class (since I was a priest healer before this).
    But what i have noticed is that i do like 40% overhealing on pretty much every boss.
    This i think is a whole lot.
    What i usually do is put up RM on pretty much all of the party, use jab when possible or use SoM to generate chi and use it on uplift together with TFT if possible.
    I'm mostly in charge of raid healing which works fine and i help out on tanks with SoM with enveloping mist.
    2 questions: can i do less overhealing? and how do i best cope with burst aoe damage (absorbing a epicenter on Feng? (i spam SKK as we group in the middle)
    Any help is apreciated.
    You can't look at overheals on your monk. You just can't. Overheals used to be a sign that a healer was wasting mana, healing full-health targets. However now, with the monk healing style, if you AREN'T overhealing, then you aren't spending chi properly, thus not regenning your teas efficiently.

1) Keeping up RnM on as many targets as possible, so you can be ready with burst Uplifts; and generating chi = Overheals
    2) Using Uplift to heal all of your RnM targets; spend chi = Overheals (on full health targets w/ RnM)
    3) Using Expel Harm (cheapest chi gen-except Chi Brew) to gen chi = Overheals (if you're 100% hp)
    4) Soothing Mist to maintain single target; gen chi = Overheals
    5) Enveloping Mist = Overheals once the target reaches full HP and those massive ticks are still going

You're least likely spells to cause overhealing are: of course Surging Mist - for the love of all things holy, do NOT spam this.. well, you won't be able to spam it anyway lol; Healing Spheres/Mastery spheres - You can get some overheals from these, but b/c they only are used when needed it won't be as much as other spells; Eminence/Serpent's Zeal/Xuen - these are "smart" heals; and of course Revivial with that being a raid CD you wouldn't use it without the whole raid being low.

So yeah, all of our good spells are going to cause overhealing. If you were to sit there and only RnM, Uplift, SKK, etc when targets needed healing, you would be sorely at a loss for big heals and mana teas.

As far as 5.1 goes, increasing the mana cost is fine for me, all except Surging Mist. I DO have to use this spell occasionally in our 25m raids, and it's already overly expensive as it is IMO. I assume Blizz only wants us to use this spell if there is NOTHING else available from any of the healers, which I don't agree with. But you can't make 100% of the people 100% happy, so I go with the flow.

I would like to see Revival changed a bit as well. On fights where you have pulsing massive damage, my little Revivial burst (in 25m) is eaten away as soon as I cast it. And just about ALL of the fights so far have pulsing damage, so my "Big Raid CD" is completely useless, other than adding numbers to the meters.

In 10m, monk healing is extremely difficult for me. It could be that my playstyle is just better suited for 25m, but I healed 10m-tank-healer Will and I don't think I breathed the entire fight. I was putting out really small heals (compared to my priest healing partner) with the exception of my Enveloping Mist (which I tried keeping up as much as possible) and 3-chi-mana tea-gen was sucking my mana. Not to mention the several Surging Mists I had to do to keep my tank up. I can't imagine doing that again after the mana increase in 5.1.

All-in-all, I do love my MW, and I'm happy that I re-rolled. But yeah, remove Overheals from your vocabulary if you play a MW lol.

Dont forget that you get extra mana tea from your crit chance now, its not just a strait up 10% mana cost increase when you factor that in.

As for Revival. It has an aoe cap, which for a heal like that is just useless. if it actualy did the 140k that the tooltip said it would be a good cooldown. probably even OP. so reduce that number a little but PLZ remove the aoe cap on it. its averaging 35k in 25man raids which is only 50% above uplift.

But our other cd's suffer from the same problem.
    Life Cocoon absorbs a single hit at best and with the HoT component linked to the shield that is never up either.
    Zen Meditation only working on directed spell (which are almost non existent) means its just a 90% personal dmg reduction.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I have ever used Healing Sphere in a raid. It's great for PvP and the instant cast/ mana cost are set quite nicely.

I dislike the lack of raid cooldowns that a Monk has quite a bit. Realistically, we only have Revival and the optional Xuen. Both on rather long cooldowns which can see two uses in a fight if the damage matches up. I like our defensive kit of Fortifying Brew and Diffuse Magic/ other talent though.

As a Fistweave, I am quite happy with the general play style and activity involved. On fights where I cannot be in melee range however, I find it quite slow and boring. As well as not being as effective (my fault, I'm sure). I would gladly trade Life Cocoon for a different cooldown, such as damage reduction (Ironbark anyone?). As a third cooldown (along with Revival and LC), one which creates an aura on the raid increasing the Monk's HoT healing would be cool. Perhaps even adjust Thunder Focus Tea to do this and give it a 1.5-2m CD. Having it only affect the Monk that cast it would cut down Monk/ Druid synergy and stacking.

I also wonder if it would be such a bad thing to have the crit chance double the mana return rather than the tea stacks given (a misconception someone had of the change, but understandable) as I doubt crit stacking Monks with the glyph will be able to effectively keep up on stack consumption. I am currently not using the glyph as I find it suiting my needs better (burn and drink).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using zen meditation alot more in raids than I was a couple weeks ago. I've been using it on garalon, if I cast it right before crush goes off it seems to mitigate a good amount of damage. Same thing with rain of blades on wind lord. I don't think its as powerful as it should be though.

When I use revival as a raid cooldown, I've been letting people's hp tick down a little before I cast it, otherwise its totally wasted. I don't think blizzard designed it properly at all. I think they wanted it to be an instant hymn, but on fights where people health is ticking away(force and verve/rain of blades) its kind of crappy.

What is everyone opinion on fistweaving? I've been doing it more often in raids, but the mana cost of jabbing scares me.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    What is everyone opinion on fistweaving? I've been doing it more often in raids, but the mana cost of jabbing scares me.
    It's very good. I'll give you this, it takes a while to fully "understand" how to fistweave & how to manage your mana.. But on nearly every fight in HoF I absolutly love fistweaving, eminence is my 3th most used heal after Uplift & ReM!

Fistweaving is not only "jab jab uplift", make sure to always use EVERYTHING on cooldown, jab when you have 2 chibuff, expel harm, ReM, use your mana tea every cooldown (if glyphed, i found this easier).. And you don't need to constantly blackoutkick, do it the last 5 seconds or so, should give you enough spare..

Try to predict the incoming damage alot, like on last boss HoF, make sure every member has ReM when the shields boom (tf-tea in 10m does it) and you got 4 chi; uplift uplift - jab 1x 2chi - uplift and boom raid is full; next one back to 4 chi, but then uplift uplift expel harm ReM uplift jab uplift etc etc

I love Fistweaving. The constant Chi generation is just so nice. Jab/Jab/Uplift is probably my favorite way to heal so far.
    Check out what I pulled for our Garalon 10m kill : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11961&e=12373
    Fistweaving for the whole fight, and mana was good ! You really should try it. Remember that, sure, you use mana with Jab but you get Tea stacks really, really fast, because you are only using instants, at a very fast pace. Dont be afraid to try it, but dont count on tank healing too much with it. Its only about raid healing, and assisting tank healing (always have your hot on the tanks, so they get uplifted).
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2012-11-15 at 02:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for input on fistweaving. I've got another question, if anyone can help out. Does anyone have a good macro for targeting your statue and then casting chi burst? I've read that this can also help boost our healing and dps a bit in raids.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    No, that's a stupid idea and it will be terrible if you have another mistweaver in your raid

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot use [@Jade Serpent Statue] in a macro at the moment so you have to use /tar /target or /targetexact

#showtooltip
    /targetexact Jade Serpent Statue
    /cast Chi Burst

*addendum* it's not a stupid idea, it is merely a problematic idea. Chi Burst is better when use with a mouseover function

/cast [@mouseover, nodead, exists][] Chi Burst
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-11-15 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    You cannot use [@Jade Serpent Statue] in a macro at the moment so you have to use /tar /target or /targetexact

#showtooltip
    /targetexact Jade Serpent Statue
    /cast Chi Burst

*addendum* it's not a stupid idea, it is merely a problematic idea. Chi Burst is better when use with a mouseover function

/cast [@mouseover, nodead, exists][] Chi Burst
    It's a terrible idea, using a static object to determine where your chi burst goes? nty.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's more like a crutch
    a crutch is good thing for a person with a limp
    a crutch is a very bad thing for a healty person.

How about...

assuming the raid is stacked behind the boss, you stand slightly behind the raid and target the boss, works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    How about...

assuming the raid is stacked behind the boss, you stand slightly behind the raid and target the boss, works like a charm
    Or the tank, since they're usually in front of the boss while the raid is behind.

Well, that's the weird part of it. It's scary, but you get away with it because you generate a ton of mana tea, so even when you are OOM, you can heal like there is no problem because you use tea on cooldown.

Yes, sometimes you are really oom and need for mana tea to come off cooldown, but not enough to be a problem to be honest.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    I love Fistweaving. The constant Chi generation is just so nice. Jab/Jab/Uplift is probably my favorite way to heal so far.
    Check out what I pulled for our Garalon 10m kill : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11961&e=12373
    Fistweaving for the whole fight, and mana was good ! You really should try it. Remember that, sure, you use mana with Jab but you get Tea stacks really, really fast, because you are only using instants, at a very fast pace. Dont be afraid to try it, but dont count on tank healing too much with it. Its only about raid healing, and assisting tank healing (always have your hot on the tanks, so they get uplifted).
    Gotta ask a couple questions regarding that log:
    1) Any reason why you're not keeping Serpent's Zeal up? (Not a single BoK the whole fight)
    Stacking it at the start of the fight and just maintaining it shouldn't be too much Uplifts wasted, maybe I'm wrong though.

2) Why don't you use Xuen? (or any other Level 90 talent for that matter)

Going for high hps is all fine, but there are some less experience monks reading these forums that might get a wrong expressions / fall into bad habbits imho.