Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    interesting, so you used to run dungeons for rep because you had to

and now you're running dailies for rep 'because you like to' and its your choice

interesting

Choice as in:
    Want to do dailies? do dailies
    Want to run a dungeon? run a dungeon

Glad you agree it's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Critcross View Post
    Ok well i understand my OP came off as QQ but im actually more concerned how it is affecting the social aspect of the game again thats up for debate as well but thats the direction i want this thread to go....social aspect.
    Well, dailies are successfully getting people out in the world. From a social aspect outside cities, having people >>>>>> not having people. So, I would say they are a success from that standpoint. Also, I don't really like dailies, so I don't do them. However, when I go rare spawn hunting with some of my guildies, it's great to see other people out in the world doing stuff. That was not happening since mid-TBC.

Having people sitting in SW/ORG was very counter productive to the social aspect of the game. So, this is a step in the right direction imho. It would be nice if they found some other activities to implement though.

I am confused, the people that really feel the NEED to do all the dailies every day should be done now, right? I am sure people in my guild have hit exalted already in all the factions. I personally stopped when I got revered with the golden lotus and just couldn't bring myself to start Shadow pan and August Cel. I do a bit here and there for coins, but that is it.

Soo my feeling is the people bitching about it, can't really be doing it every day. And the actual people who did them every day are done
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If only there was some way you could NOT do the optional daily quest content! Like perhaps getting your gear through one of the other avenues Blizzard implemented such as dungeons, pvp or raids. Its almost as if the intention was to give gear options OUTSIDE of those three normal methods.
    Because there's only Equip locked behind the Daily Gate. Nothing else. Nope, nothing at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Because there's only Equip locked behind the Daily Gate. Nothing else. Nope, nothing at all!
    What else is there? Recipes? If you want to make money off those recipes then you should do the dailies. It's not required. If you want the gear/enchants from those recipes then you can go to the AH because I guarantee there's someone on your server that did it without complaining about it.

What else? Vanity items. Why are those necessary to get?

Resons to do daily quests:
    -Reputation (to be able to buy valor gear)
    -Valor points
    -Lesser charms (90 -> 3 greater charms)

Reputation: You DON'T need more than honored, or revered at max, for any of the valor items, so you don't even need to "grind" for exalted!
    If you want anything like mounts/tabards/transmog items from exalted, that's your own choise and then you SHOULD have to work for it...

Valor points: You got several ways to cap valor. You can do LFR over and over, alltho i understand that's not really a good option. But it's still an option. You can farm instances for valor. A lot of people say that instances allso takes a lot of time, but instances + weekly boss kills in normals (which you are doing anyway I gues, if not there's not even a reson to gear up that quick) should get you there fast enough + you even mentioned doing instances with guildies. And then theres dailys... if you do a little of each you should capp in less than a week easly.

Lesser charms: I think I read that there's a total of 45 dailys you can do each day... so you can do all the dailys 2 out of the 7 days a week and get that, or do a few each day and again get the 90 you need easly. Some of us have even got more than we need (did all dailys from day 2 of MoP untill i hit exalted with all, so i have over 1k of them stocked up, like a lot of other peoples)

So all in all: You DON'T need to do all the dailys *every day* even if you need VP cap/VP items... cause you will get honored/revered LONG before you get enough valor to buy all the gear anyway.

*edit*
    Last edited by Roguezor; 2012-11-15 at 07:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to do all of them every day, you're only ruining the game for yourself if you do that. it takes a week and a half to 2 weeks to even buy a piece of gear, so listen to the Panda's and "slow down".

Dailies are not that bad. The way they are set up, you only have to ever do 2 sets at a time

Forget Tillers/Anglers/Cloud Serpent/Lorewalkers. They provide no valor gear, so no real benefit.

SO you got Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado Pan, and August Sents.

Now, you need revered with Lotus to start Shado and August, so you just start with Klaxxi and Lotus. You should hit revered with Klaxxi, then Lotus. Once revered, stop doing them, no reason to continue. Then farm shado/August to revered (shado won't take long, should start at friendly if you did their quests) and stop, and never have to do another daily again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's only six weeks to get exalted with all if you do dailies every day. After that you are free. Free!
    6 Weeks. 7 Days a week = 42 days total - 1.5 hour daily = 63 hours . almost 3 days of my life wasted on that. no thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What else? Vanity items. Why are those necessary to get?
    How about story? Or entry into the Guo-Lai Halls?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Keep you subscribed for 12 months of the year is the intention.
    It's a shame I'll be dropping my sub after 2 months, then. Oops, not the intended result.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    6 Weeks. 7 Days a week = 42 days total - 1.5 hour daily = 63 hours . almost 3 days of my life wasted on that. no thanks
    Because everything else we do in WoW is such life enriching activity. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I think it's just the people on the official forms have given up on trying to explain to the zealous group of players who seem to think that Valor gear is the only way to gear up that it's just not necessary.
    Of course it's necessary, for the vast majority of players. Only a few percent of the player population is clearing MSV on normal mode. The tuning is just out of bounds for everyone else.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's a shame I'll be dropping my sub after 2 months, then. Oops, not the intended result.
    Why exactly? Because you can't get gear handed to you from a vendor?

In a few weeks we have 5.1 which is likely going to be the end and death of valor gear. There wasn't supposed to be, and shouldn't have been, valor gear at launch at all, but Blizzard was afraid their players were incapable of adapting to new systems that are basically improvements on the systems that pulled in players.

So far they've been proven right. Our playerbase freaks out over every little change.

I think they should have just pulled the trigger, abandoned valor gear entirely, and implemented ilvl upgrade right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Killer suggestion: Don't do them.

Normal raid modes are designed to be beaten in game from heroic 5 mans.
    Guild have cleared HM raid modes with their members just being honored with factions that comes from questing
    ..and with a valor cap of 1000 VP you can only buy a piece of gear every 2 weeks anyhow. So..how long did you plan to wait and gear through VP gear before you start raiding anyhow?
    This is simply not a realistic point of view, because anyone serious about maximizing their raid performance is going to try to get every possible advantage as early as possible, and with the way this game is designed, that compels them to spend a massive amount of time grinding content that was supposedly tailored to "casuals".

Having the organization/skill to be able to start raiding seriously right off the bat does not automatically put you in the most effective possible gear, so there is always incentive even months into the raiding game to fill in gaps with the grind-y casual gear. Just because the top guilds in the world clear heroic modes super fast in almost no gear does not mean this is not an issue for the next lower tier of very skilled raiders.

So by suggesting "don't do them", what you're really suggesting is that very serious raiders stop being serious. Which is a perfectly valid opinion, but you have to understand that people that are serious about maximizing their performance in this content are forced to do these grinds to be serious about maximizing their performance, and as much as the blue posters want to pretend that it's all "optional" and trivialize these concerns, if you want to perform at the highest possible level, nothing is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Well, dailies are successfully getting people out in the world. From a social aspect outside cities, having people >>>>>> not having people.
    This is wrong wrong wrong.

Getting people out in the world is valueless by itself. It's only useful as an indicator if it's the result of enjoyable gameplay out in the world.

I have a name for this confusion of symptom and cause: cargo-cult game design. It's the same screwed up thinking that led Blizzard to think CRZ was a good idea.

I finished all my of daily quests

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Why exactly? Because you can't get gear handed to you from a vendor?
    There are three reasons:

1) LFR has turned out to be unenjoyable.

2) The game has become much grindier, and I don't mean rep, I mean VP. With VP upgrades, the grind will never end The ilvl upgrade system is pure poison to the game, although you apparently don't realize it.

3) Few of my friends who left in Cata have come back.

I will probably be heading back to Rift soon, which I didn't think I was going to do.

To those arguing it's not required, you are correct. HOWEVER, if you do not have raiding opportunities (which encompasses a large portion of the player base), or are someone who enjoyed playing and gear more than one character, your BEST gear still lies behind the wall of dailies and at some point you need to get through that wall to progress your character. The CORE of mmo's is character progression, so it makes sense to me that to maximize your character progression, you will feel compelled to do dailies. I've chosen not to play alts in MoP, because I hate the progression path Blizzard set out for me. It feels like Blizzard made that choice for me by not giving me an enjoyable progression path.

What would have been the problem with providing multiple ways to gain rep and having a daily rep cap if they wanted to lengthen the process. They provided exactly one path to gaining rep, and that path is a boring grindfest for a lot of players. It's poor game design, even if it doesn't bother you personally. When will people figure out that anything that is the catalyst of people leaving WoW hurts the game on the whole and in the long term will hurt your game experience.

I say allow tabards and dungeoning for rep and valor. cap the tabard the same way the dailies are capped. This way you can choose to do it your way and not just hit exalted in 1 day. Then you can have your choice without any "offset" advantages.