Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    But it's not all that great either, especially not in the amount people around here drink it... (Sweden)
    Well if we're arguing moderation, the list grows immensely. Dark Chocolate would be another example.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Mountain Dew I heard last time.

And some of the chocolate chip cookie products we have laying around here...sec...

How is your Keto going anyway?

And cares about their health..good lord, you won't die from occasionally drinking it, don't make it out to be a sin.
    Your argument is silly. "Coke's not that bad when compared to other soft drinks". I'm pretty sure the only reason Coke gets singled out is because Coke is the most popular soft drink. Everyone knows that it's not just Coke but all softdrinks that are unhealthy for you. I don't think anyone thinks "oh I'm drinking Sprite/Pepsi, I'll be fine compared to if I were drinking Coke".
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's not the calories, but the insane amounts of sugar in sodas and soft drinks. Plus the corn syrup makes you so thirsty. I don't know why anyone would want a soda on a hot day. It just makes you more thirsty and is not refreshing at all. They do have Pepsi I believe with real sugar, as well as Mountain Dew etc. I've had them and they're actually pretty good. It's not syrupy at all, it goes down more smooth and it's less carbonated. Still a hell of a lot of sugar, but you can taste the difference.
    The throwbacks are awesome...just wish I could find it other than 20oz bottles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Well if we're arguing moderation, the list grows immensely. Dark Chocolate would be another example.
    Mmm...dark chocolate with chilli pepper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Mmm...dark chocolate with chilli pepper.
    Dark chocolate will be the bane of my fucking existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Your argument is silly. "Coke's not that bad when compared to other soft drinks". I'm pretty sure the only reason Coke gets singled out is because Coke is the most popular soft drink. Everyone knows that it's not just Coke but all softdrinks that are unhealthy for you.
    No, it is singled out because I have seen worse ingredients in a soft drink. I just noticed it.

Of course it is unhealthy like I already said in the OP. But I just noticed it isn't so bad compared to other soft drink ingredients.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Both coffee and alcohol have been shown in numerous studies to have benefits if used moderately. A cup of joe in the morning and a glass of red in the evening iss actually good for you.
    Heard something like that as well, but people who drink alcohol tend to drink a lot more than just one glass of red wine.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of this thread is where everyone thinks HFCS is any worse for you then sugar

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark chocolate will be the bane of my fucking existence.
    And? I'd rather die at 75 having lived a life of decadence and sophistication than live to 100 being a health freak that only eats bland crap.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    x3 And this is why I like diet soda. The only thing people are really skeptical about in that is aspartame, which according to this Wiki link, the FDA says you're within non-risk zone so long as you consume less than 21 cans of diet soft drinks daily.

I myself alternate between drinking diet sodas and water regularly, sometimes I'll have green tea from Starbucks on a school day as well. But yeah, out of all the other things out there, Coke is far from the worst you could have. There's some stuff out there, like Baskin Robbin's Chocolate Oreo milkshake(2600calories), that can be a lot worse.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-11-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Grammar/punctuation/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Surely you don't drink an entire bottle.
    Ehm, i go through 2 2litre bottles in like 8 hours all by myself taking it gently :/

Only the American version. In places where sugar cane is cheaper they use actual sugar.

Hence why I only drink Mexican Coke.
    Out of a plastic bag with a straw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Out of a plastic bag with a straw?
    No. Out of a glass bottle with a crown top; the only way to truly enjoy soda.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol all sugar is bad for you, the basis of cellular motabolism requires glucose,

Deleted
    Coca cola is as harmless as bottled water. It's what you do between drinking your coca cola or eating your Big mac that makes it either healthy or unhealthy. I bet you that self induced stress caused by worrying about everything you eat is actually more harmful.

And? I'd rather die at 75 having lived a life of decadence and sophistication than live to 100 being a health freak that only eats bland crap.
    I just bike an asston so I can maintain my seefood diet. When I am physically unable to do stuff outside, I'll be ready to kick the bucket anyway.

With few exceptions in life nothing is actually bad for you as long as you use moderation. The simplest of things can be bad for you in excess. Caffeine is a drug which can be addicting which in turn can cause excessive use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bike an asston so I can maintain my seefood diet. When I am physically unable to do stuff outside, I'll be ready to kick the bucket anyway.
    Hey me too, the only thing that bothers me is that im constantly hungry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Compared to what? Cyanide? Toxic waste? Coke is not as bad as those obviously, but you wont catch anybody that cares about their health drinking any of them. Its like saying petrol is less dangerous to drink than bleach.
    This is the truth. If you care about your body, you care about what you put into it. Coke is chemicals. It's really not good for you. Everything in moderation and all that but there is nothing positive about it so stop trying to see it from a health perspective because the angle simply isn't there. I used to work at Coca Cola and there was a testing department and guess what.. I saw the ambulance a few times taking people out. I'm not kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really exercise, I just eat european portions and eat a lot of protein and fat. Still losing weight ^.^