Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    I am not missing out anything.
    Yes, you are. You're confusing the average of the maximum and minimum with the average of all the values.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

That statement seems to contradict itself quite heavily (if we go for big enough sample size to equal average from sample = general average).

Around 40-49% of men should look below average, and around 40-49% above average, the rest should be average.

If 80% look "below average", than the average is caulculated too highly and should be lower.

So I don't really get the point of the statement, to be honest.

I see a lot of not very attractive women aswell and don't make a fuzz about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    If 80% look "below average", than the average is caulculated too highly and should be lower.
    Or the sample of the entire population excludes a large amount of above average males.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    pff...are you kidding? the most common thing i hear from women is:

'i really like you but i already have a relationship...i wish it wasn't the case' or something similar in spirit

why? because they will get into a relationship with anyone who isn't bad looking or retarded and is capable of approaching them in the right manner...

raise your standards ladies ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    That statement seems to contradict itself quite heavily (if we go for big enough sample size to equal average from sample = general average).

Around 40-49% of men should look below average, and around 40-49% above average, the rest should be average.

So I don't really get the point of the statement, to be honest.

I see a lot of not very attractive women aswell and don't make a fuzz about it.
    Well they said 80% off the men on that site look below average. Not 80% of the men in the world.

Maybe OKCupid just has a ton of ugly men. LOL

Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My GF said im hot so I don't care.

Its just modern culture, we see pictures of Brad Pitt and automatically everyone must look like him or you're an ugly freak of nature.

Get over it. Humans are ugly. We look pretty at a distance, but get close up with someone else and you will notice they're a lot less attractive than you though.

I am not surprised. You can thank the media for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% of the same women that rated that way believes men with $$$ are 100% way above average looking.

This is kind of distressing if you don't make 6 figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post

This makes me curious if it works the same way with Lesbians and Gay men.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-16 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    This makes me curious if it works the same was with Lesbians and Gay men.
    I won't judge a person depending on what car they have.

I think it's kinda, a not so good thing, if you start liking someone or disliking too because of the car they have, especially since people can't have the type of cars they want considering cars are pretty expensive but that's just me and my opinions are usually different from the rest of the "normal" opinions.

Call the media! This just in... Women dont give a shit about how you look or your personality. They care primarily about how much money you have and how much of that they can take when they divorce you. The more material possessions you have the quicker they can get a free ride and not have to do any work.... THIS IS NEWS!

Oh wait.. Its been this way since the dawn of time? Women are shallow and generally selfish creatures that see things at face value and nothing more? Stop the presses. Move on.

Infracted for bashing.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-16 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Call the media! This just in... Women dont give a shit about how you look or your personality. They care primarily about how much money you have and how much of that they can take when they divorce you. The more material possessions you have the quicker they can get a free ride and not have to do any work.... THIS IS NEWS!

Oh wait.. Its been this way since the dawn of time? Women are shallow and generally selfish creatures that see things at face value and nothing more? Stop the presses. Move on.
    It's a two way street. It's rather arrogant to assume men don't think along similar lines when looking for a potential mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect good looking men, but we're sexist when we expect the same from them. Wasn't it looking for a mate that would produce strong offspring with your DNA? Now its whos got the most fake breasts, the biggest penis, and the most money.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or because men goes on the website to find a partner, and women to wallow in their egos.
    DING!DING!DING! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can we just change the thread name to this and /thread? B/c it is amazingly insightful and for a large part bang on true.
    Gravath, you're wise and have good vision.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post

What I can't understand is why men try to please such women. Yeah, money can make it easier for you to attract a woman. But why would you use such a method, if you're guaranteed to end up with a shallow and dumb excuse of a human being?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    What I can't understand is why men try to please such women. Yeah, money can make it easier for you to attract a woman. But why would you use such a method, if you're guaranteed to end up with a shallow and dumb excuse of a human being?
    I think most women actually do this, if on a subconscious level.

Reminds me of this from Dylan Moran.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    well....... most attractive men dont need OKC

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    well....... most attractive men dont need OKC
    But attractive women do?