Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It does help if you enjoy building things but you don't need to be an architectural genius to have fun with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    Honestly you sound like a hard person to please, go try playing everything...
    ah, you edited your post, had a suiting answer to the previous version
    anyways, thanks for the "suggestions" you made before editing, and no, I surely won't stop gaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Try more old-school Dungeon Siege II then Dragon Age is based on D&D, so progress feels quite static. Dunngeon Siege II is also kind of party simulator, but based on decent, non tabletop, system.
    Personally i have never played Dungeon Siege, but i have friends who have, and they have nothing but great things to say about it.

Dragon Age sounds slightly complicated, but it is a fairly easy game. It can be challenging if you increase the difficulty, but not so much that an experienced gamer couldn't figure out how to get through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Dragon Age sounds slightly complicated, but it is a fairly easy game. It can be challenging if you increase the difficulty, but not so much that an experienced gamer couldn't figure out how to get through.
    thanks for the information

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    no, I haven't tried it yet as I always thought it's mostly about being creative, building stuff, and I'm not that creative.. am I completely wrong with that? oO
    Well, there's two aspects two Minecraft.
    1st part is the mining part, which is exploring caves, the map, collecting materials to make stuff like better pickaxes, or armor, or whatever. You have an HP bar, food bar, inventory and so on. You can make farms for food for your own survival, beds for your spawn locations for your death. Your own houses to keep mobs out when it's night time for when you do need to use it.
    Exploring because a nice part of the game, massive caves can be generated (and get lost in). Welcome to minecraft, find cave get lost.
    There is a 'set' path that you can follow, which leads you to The End to fight a dragon boss. There's a new added boss mob called the "Wither" that gives you an item to craft a cool little think called "Beacon".
    This is assuming you're in survival mode.

The 2nd part is obviously the building.

To answer the original, try F2P TOR. It sounds right up your alley.
    8 story lines to play through, 8 specialization 4 classes 2 specialization per class.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-11-15 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is something else to consider. You mentioned that you and your boyfriend play Nintendo handhelds. Have you looked into the Supaboy? It is a handheld SNES, it takes SNES Cartridges, has a 3.5" LCD screen and a SNES button layout. it also has 2 controller ports, AC Adapter and a TV out jack. So it's technically a 3 in 1. You can use it as a hand held, a SNES for your living room/bedroom or you can prop it up and have a portable SNES to play in the back seat of a car with who ever sits next to you. It's kind of awesome!

I know this is not a "new" game, but it is a wonderful way to reconnect with some of the old classics.

http://hyperkin.com/supaboy-portable...-console.html/

(I believe i'm getting one for xmas from the lady, first game i buy? Secret of Mana!!!)

Deleted
    ...Supaboy...

exactly what I was looking like O_O (and still am..)

10+ Year Old Account

exactly what I was looking like O_O (and still am..)
    Best part?! It's only about $80!!!

Deleted
    Best part?! It's only about $80!!!
    I know (the link you posted )
    already gave my boyfriend a hint xD otherwise I would just buy it myself.. I grew up playing games mainly on the SNES (and GB) and I always tried to get our SNES from my brother, but he just tells me to use emulators -.- which isn't the same feeling at all while playing >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I know (the link you posted )
    already gave my boyfriend a hint xD otherwise I would just buy it myself.. I grew up playing games mainly on the SNES (and GB) and I always tried to get our SNES from my brother, but he just tells me to use emulators -.- which isn't the same feeling at all while playing >_>
    Agreed! I dislike emulators. None the less if you wanna play a 2 player game, i'd rather not huddle around my 19" monitor. i'd rather be sitting back on my couch with a buddy and a few beers playing on a larger screen.

(yeah yeah i know you can hook a computer up to a TV, but that's not how my house is set up logistically)

Deleted
    Agreed! I dislike emulators. None the less if you wanna play a 2 player game, i'd rather not huddle around my 19" monitor. i'd rather be sitting back on my couch with a buddy and a few beers playing on a larger screen.

(yeah yeah i know you can hook a computer up to a TV, but that's not how my house is set up logistically)
    if we play console games together (and I'd count the supaboy as a video game console) we also more likely sit in front of the tv (even emulating games would be fine as our spare PC is connected to the TV..), I wouldn't want to sit in front of the PC screens when playing together >_>

I know that Rift has these features, so don't worry
    currently I only play Rift Lite, so level cap is 20, I'm at lvl 17 at the moment and enjoyed my first dungeon yesterday with a very helpful tank (tuned down from lvl 50 who patiently answered all my questions and even told me I could join his/her guild if I wanted )
    also I enjoy this game very much at the moment and would've bought it right away, I only fear in the end it will be the same as with WoW at the moment (got average-to-bad gear at 90, but need to either run the same dungeons over and over to access lfr, to access raids..., or to do endless dailies.. not what I enjoy, feels more like work for me)

but thanks for the suggestion and the reassurement for Rift
    There is a currency type in Rift that allows you to gear to a very high raid gear comparable level by doing just open world stuff like quests, events and so on.

There is even an upgrade process where for example you buy a cape or helmet nice & dandy. But can upgrade that same cape or helmet with new stats to the next tier. With open world currency.

Yes it is a gear based game- but you have more than just raiding to get to that same point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a currency type in Rift that allows you to gear to a very high raid gear comparable level by doing just open world stuff like quests, events and so on.

There is even an upgrade process where for example you buy a cape or helmet nice & dandy. But can upgrade that same cape or helmet with new stats to the next tier. With open world currency.

Yes it is a gear based game- but you have more than just raiding to get to that same point.
    thank you very much for that additonal piece of information, didn't know that
    I also think (or am pretty sure) I will buy Rift, maybe it will be on Steam sale sometimes soon (but I don't think so..)