Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dieball View Post
    Item Level: 481
    Expectations: Become more efficient, raise DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fighter/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...0sc/details/7/

Just seems my single target is so low. I linked our progression on Blade Lord

Note: I am using Hymn, Tranq, and Disperssion for unseen strikes. Just seems that I'm about 5-10k shy of where i should be? Unless my weapon is really holding me back from reaching better numbers?
    A few things; get some better bracers. Either run heroics until you get a 463 one, or an even better (and faster) option is to do some arena games to get the 483 haste pvp ones. It's cheap, and I am pretty sure you can get them in 1 day by winning a few games in 2v2 with the new point cap. Put +180 intellect enchant on them or if you are dirt poor, at least get the 170 mastery enchant.

You should also change your yellow gem in your shoulder from pure haste to int+haste, as well as get the leg enchant that gives int+spirit instead of int+crit (it's called Greater Pearlescent spellthread).

You are also under hit cap by 160 rating (you need 15% which is 5100 rating), so that needs to get fixed asap. The best addon ever for this is called ReforgeLite. It actually optimizes and does your reforge FOR you in-game, almost like a bot. You go the the NPC and hit the reforge button and it automatically reforges all your gear. It is amazing, get it now.

As for playstyle, you should completely forget about using symbiosis Tranquility. It does absolutely pathetic healing (300k), which is 8 seconds where you aren't doing anything. Even spamming Binding heal is higher HPS. If your raid leader or healers tells you to use it, tell them it is complete garbage and that it's simply not worth using. Spamming flash heal / binding heal is time better spent if you absolutely are required to offheal.

Now, change your PW:S glyph for glyph of VE to get a stronger raid cooldown, and use that in instead of tranq.

Hymn of hope should only be used if your healers are really mana starved and practically begging for it, because using it kills your damage.

I quickly glanced over your logs and you seem to be using cascade on blade lord. Cascade is only good for fights where there are a few adds spread out that it can jump to (elegon and twin emperor for example), so you should definitely use Halo on that fight.

It's hard to gauge your dot uptimes on that fight, because he frequently vanishes and you have to reapply. But if you don't have an addon that tells you when to recast your dots after the penultimate tick, so it lands right before the debuff expires, you should consider getting it. ForteXorcist among others can do this.

I didn't have time to look more closely at your logs (just skimmed), but perhaps some other helpful soul could take a look at your mindblast casts, because I am sure that has a large part to do in your subpar single target damage.

Also, when you get Unseen strikes on you, you should run out of the raid away from everyone and disperse the slash solo. Saves your healers some stress.
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2012-11-13 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    sorry if this is the wrong place but I didn't really want to start a new thread just for this;

any chance anyone would be kind enough to run my toon through a simcraft for me? something has broken my end and I can't make it work, just getting an error when importing my toon.
    patchwork, 1 target, 450sec 10% variable normal stuff. just looking for stat weights - would be much appreciated.

armory link in sig.

Ilvl:483
    Expectations: Overall more DPS. I feel it's a bit low for my gear level.
    Armory Link: h#t#t#p:/#/ #us.#battle.#net / #wow/en/ #character#/ black-dragonflight/ #Ehky / advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: h#t#t#p:/#/ww#w . #worldoflogs# .c#o#m/#reports# / aa83egtuyt4iszhb/

My guild couldn't down Garalon this week despite downing him last week and I think I'm partly to blame for that. My damage seems quite low and I'm looking for any pointers or tips. I'm using Hymn when ever they call for it but I don't know how much that lowers my damage. Thank you!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ottep/advanced
    Ilvl: 483
    Expectation: Rank on WoL

Current spec is set up for Stone Guards, so seems as good a place as any to start I **think** I have the spec / rotation down, but could be doing something wrong. Take a look and let me know what I could be doing better.

Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/34dxg.../9/?s=25&e=423

There are quite a few logs there over the last two weeks, so feel free to peek around and see if you can find any glaring errors. I think my gear should be good enough to rank, but I don't always even have the highest in my group, and that bothers me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level:474
    Expectations:60k+ dps on most fights
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dubbin/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ix...69/details/11/

I have really good burst damage with my CD's reaching up to 100k+ sometimes. Although - it appears my dps drops significantly throughout fights. I use Luiv3 and use tidy plates to manage my dots and have gnosis cast bar w/ dot timers. I seem to not be refreshing at the right times? I have been playing with my gear last night trying to reforge differently but I am not sure what to forge at his point. I'm losing all my gold reforging / experimenting. I'm hoping with WoL I can get some feedback on what I'm doing wrong. My GL would like to see some improvement and I thought posting here might help...

Armory: Ellumina @ Kil'jaeden (Click here if I'm logged out in healing gear)
    Item Level: 488
    Expectations: To do more damage in my current gear.

I am MS heals (Holy/Disc) and haven't raided Shadow since DS. I finally got enough gear where my Shadow set is now a mixture of healing and DPS gear, and managed to hit the 8085 haste plateau without screwing with my healing reforge. Unfortunately, I haven't DPSed in any raids, so I'm having a hard time to gauge my DPS and how much I should be doing. Therefore, I do not have any logs to share. I did do the second half of MV LFR and did 65k on Spirit Kings, 109k on Elegon, and 70k on Will. It feels low at my current gear, despite my crummy trinkets. Currently, I'm using Halo, Mindbender, and Divine Insight for talents. My opening rotation is VT > SW:P > MB > Mindbender > MF, and then refresh dots as needed, MB on CD, DP with 3 orbs, and Mindbender on CD. I'm not too sure when I should be Haloing TBH. I may be a bit inefficient on refreshing dots. Also, would my Relic of Chi Ji (healing trinket, spirit proc) be better than my Mithril Wristwatch from the base int?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Armory: Ellumina @ Kil'jaeden (Click here if I'm logged out in healing gear)
    Item Level: 488
    Expectations: To do more damage in my current gear.

I am MS heals (Holy/Disc) and haven't raided Shadow since DS. I finally got enough gear where my Shadow set is now a mixture of healing and DPS gear, and managed to hit the 8085 haste plateau without screwing with my healing reforge. Unfortunately, I haven't DPSed in any raids, so I'm having a hard time to gauge my DPS and how much I should be doing. Therefore, I do not have any logs to share. I did do the second half of MV LFR and did 65k on Spirit Kings, 109k on Elegon, and 70k on Will. It feels low at my current gear, despite my crummy trinkets. Currently, I'm using Halo, Mindbender, and Divine Insight for talents. My opening rotation is VT > SW:P > MB > Mindbender > MF, and then refresh dots as needed, MB on CD, DP with 3 orbs, and Mindbender on CD. I'm not too sure when I should be Haloing TBH. I may be a bit inefficient on refreshing dots. Also, would my Relic of Chi Ji (healing trinket, spirit proc) be better than my Mithril Wristwatch from the base int?
    Overall, your DPS seems about where I'd put your gear. A few things to change here and there (better enchant on your pants for instance), but really nothing much to nitpick. Make sure you're pre-potting (if spec'd ToF, use the second pot in SW: D range). Use Halo on CD, optimally at 25 yds if you can, but also realize Cascade is better in some situations. (Download this awesome mod for Halo if you haven't already.) The LFR is a great way to hone your skills and practice multi-dotting, so just keep practicing until you start pulling numbers you're comfortable with. ForteXorcist and Gnosis are great tools to help you with your DoT uptime. For the trinket question, I'd probably rank the Stopwatch above your DMF healing trinket, but I'd rank this trinket (Flashfrozen Resin Globule) above both of them. (It's pretty easy to obtain, too.) A lot of what you're looking to improve is in the minutiae, which, understandably if you're mostly a healer is going to be something that will take time to adapt. Just keep trying and it'll come with time and practice.

Item level: 481
    Expectations: 10-15% increase in DPS
    Armory: eu . battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Lopina/simple
    World of Logs: www . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r26ritrbzl04acha/details/0/?s=567&e=1250

I went to blow myself on a Raider Training Dummy after our Elegon try, when I figured I could ask you for some advice.
    I had 15.03% Hit, 20.00% Mastery, 24.28% Haste and 9.25% Crit.
    Currently, my goal, gear-wise, is to get Haste cap and T14 set bonuses, because I think that would help a bit with my DPS.

But, since I only have logs for the dummy, can any1 tell me why is my DPS so low?

Not sure if someone has started a thread elsewhere, but has anyone made a list of fights that "require" Halo or Cascade, FDCL or Mindbender, ToF or DI?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehky View Post
    Ilvl:483
    Expectations: Overall more DPS. I feel it's a bit low for my gear level.
    Armory Link: h#t#t#p:/#/ #us.#battle.#net / #wow/en/ #character#/ black-dragonflight/ #Ehky / advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: h#t#t#p:/#/ww#w . #worldoflogs# .c#o#m/#reports# / aa83egtuyt4iszhb/

My guild couldn't down Garalon this week despite downing him last week and I think I'm partly to blame for that. My damage seems quite low and I'm looking for any pointers or tips. I'm using Hymn when ever they call for it but I don't know how much that lowers my damage. Thank you!
    Went to look at your armory but it looks like I caught you in Disc gear

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=7728&e=8157

On this attempt you missed on one VT so I am guessing you are slightly below hit cap.

You cast 34 Mind Blasts but you should be able to get in 42 in a fight of this duration. You got 38 procs from FDCL and cast Mind Spike 34 times which is pretty close to on target. So it's possible that you MB casting might be suffering a bit due to procs. With the number of times you cast sw: death you should have been able to cast DP 20 times but you only got 16. If you had cast MD 42 times you could have had 23 DP's. I think this is the area you need to focus you attention. The missed DP's and MB's are hurting you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dieball View Post
    Not sure if someone has started a thread elsewhere, but has anyone made a list of fights that "require" Halo or Cascade, FDCL or Mindbender, ToF or DI?
    Talent choices per fight 25 man: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2173
    Talent choices per fight 10 man: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2192

Hellow fellow WoWers of the priest class,

I'm raidleader from our and I want to know what my priest is doing wrong. Can you please have a look into our WoL. Thank you!!

Item Level 483
    Expectations: a lot more dps
    Armory Link: ****h*ttp:*/*/*eu.battle.n*et*/*wow*/*en*/*character*/*grim-batol*/*Assisst*/*advanced*
    Worldoflogs Link: ***h*ttp:*/*/*w*ww.worldoflogs.c*om*/*reports*/*exx8ikieyxepuyrh*/*sum*/*damageDone*/*?s=7149&e=7640*

Generally what i'm wondering about is, why his dps is lower than the top dps, what is it i'm missing? Is it stats? Is it rotation? Is it the gear?
    Any other thoughts would also be a LOT appreciated.

Thank you very much! Yes again.

I couldn't post links.. So if you'd like to look at them, please do erase all of the hashtags(*) from it, to make it work.

Hordecore

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ottep/advanced
    Ilvl: 483
    Expectation: Rank on WoL

Current spec is set up for Stone Guards, so seems as good a place as any to start I **think** I have the spec / rotation down, but could be doing something wrong. Take a look and let me know what I could be doing better.

Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/34dxg.../9/?s=25&e=423

There are quite a few logs there over the last two weeks, so feel free to peek around and see if you can find any glaring errors. I think my gear should be good enough to rank, but I don't always even have the highest in my group, and that bothers me...
    Can anybody lend a hand? I know I could do better, and I need to rank!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtoe View Post
    Hellow fellow WoWers of the priest class,

I'm raidleader from our and I want to know what my priest is doing wrong. Can you please have a look into our WoL. Thank you!!

Item Level 483
    Expectations: a lot more dps
    Armory Link: ****h*ttp:*/*/*eu.battle.n*et*/*wow*/*en*/*character*/*grim-batol*/*Assisst*/*advanced*
    Worldoflogs Link: ***h*ttp:*/*/*w*ww.worldoflogs.c*om*/*reports*/*exx8ikieyxepuyrh*/*sum*/*damageDone*/*?s=7149&e=7640*

Generally what i'm wondering about is, why his dps is lower than the top dps, what is it i'm missing? Is it stats? Is it rotation? Is it the gear?
    Any other thoughts would also be a LOT appreciated.

Thank you very much! Yes again.

I couldn't post links.. So if you'd like to look at them, please do erase all of the hashtags(*) from it, to make it work.

Hordecore
    His uptime isnt spectacular, but it isn't abysmal either.

Biggest two things he needs to work on are

1. Using MindBlast on CD, he's short a few mindblasts on the majority of his fights, of the ones I looked at almost all he could have fit 3+ in, meaning that much damage plus the bonus from Devouring Plauge, he's spending much too much time mind-flaying when other spells should be of higher priority. With Divine Insight as a talent, Mind Flay should almost never be your highest damage.

2. He's gemming wrong. Choosing striaght haste gems when he can't reach the 8085 haste plateau. He should be using either hybrid or pure Intellect gems (reckless in yellow slots, Purified in blue).

Likely some placement/movement issues as well, those are harder to tell from logs. Feng specificially I noticed he was doing a lot of casting during epicenter (which you have a 75% miss chance during if your tanks aren't using the right abilities and interrupts) and didnt refresh his dots properly before going into these phases, He might be tunneling the meters or the boss and not watching his dbm/bigwigs timers for events like this. He can be utilizing Body and Soul quite a bit more to help him with movement during these phases (he is doing a bit already) and can be timing raid cd's with this as well. For example for feng, if there's one epicentre you know you're going to take full blast, instead of wasting time casting for a miss, have him pop his Mana Hymn during it.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Can anybody lend a hand? I know I could do better, and I need to rank!!
    Gearing is reasonable, looks like you're reforging and gemming properly (aside from using the spellthread instead of your embroidery on legs, the stats are the same however, just a waste of money)

Biggest thing from your logs, is uptime, It's pretty sloppy. That fight you can easily achieve a 99% uptime on SWP and a 95% uptime on VT. You were at 91.9% and 77.7% for Dogs and 91.8% SWP, 76.3% VT for Feng.
    Get a DoT tracker and get in the habit of refreshing dots as soon as possible when they're about to fall off. You can do this while sitting on a target dummy. Try single target first it will help you the most, don't even touch the other ones. Once you get your rotation down, you'll feel more comfortable adding dots on a secondary target. Also it looks like you're scrambling a lot when sub 20% (once SWD is usable) and dropping DoT's completely there. I'd recommend making sure you never run both DI and FDCL together (its usually a dps loss anyways) until you're completely able to get consistent > 95% uptime on both. You look like you have too many procs and stuff to manage that you're losing control when they all pop up at once.

As far as rankings go, You got a few rankings there, 10man is a lot more divided than I thought, they drop down quickly in dps past about 150th spot. Keep the uptime high and you'll do better.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Item level: 481
    Expectations: 10-15% increase in DPS
    Armory: eu . battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Lopina/simple
    World of Logs: www . worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r26ritrbzl04acha/details/0/?s=567&e=1250

I went to blow myself on a Raider Training Dummy after our Elegon try, when I figured I could ask you for some advice.
    I had 15.03% Hit, 20.00% Mastery, 24.28% Haste and 9.25% Crit.
    Currently, my goal, gear-wise, is to get Haste cap and T14 set bonuses, because I think that would help a bit with my DPS.

But, since I only have logs for the dummy, can any1 tell me why is my DPS so low?
    Biggest thing, is your gear. Uptime is good from the logs you uploaded, you may have been able to get 1 or 2 more mindblasts in if rotation was perfect.
    Gemming is incorrect however, you're going solid haste without being able to reach the plateau, use Intellect gems in red, Purified in Blue, Reckless in yellow until you can do so with out switching many out. Your 2nd trinket is completely worthless to you, the trinkets from regular or even lfr DS in cata destroy that one in terms of use to you. You should swap it out immediately, go get one of the heroic trinkets or something like the valor ones.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2012-11-24 at 09:50 PM.

Item level: 483
    Expectations: to increase in DPS - DPS should(?) be better
    Armory : eu http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arafa/advanced
    WOL for last couple of tried - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=5444&e=5859

We are not the best out there but trying to pass elegon and it looks like my DPS should/may be better . Changed HALO for Cascade for this fight but not always could timed that properly yet. The adds in between the phases are mostly a pain - they live 8-10 sec to long. Not sure if I will reach the haste cap in some point it will boost my dps to a acceptable (for me) level. Hunter in our group always/usually on top with mage ..

You're over hit cap, go down to 15%, enchant your cloak.

In standard phase, throw cascade at elegon to bounce off the protector, make sure you roll dots on it and death it for your free orb and ToF proc.

When Elegon starts to draw power, make sure you have dots running on him, save any Surge of Darkness procs for your orb. When your spark spawns spike it twice, hit it with MB (if off cd) then flay and death to finish it. If you have no support on your spark - i suggest just using spike and blast. When the sparks are up throw cascade at the furthest spark on your side of the room and it should bounce over the rest of them.

You and the lock will probably have the slowest damage on your orbs, so get the tanks to help you. Try to get 4-5 sparks (probably 4 at this stage) when the 5th sparks are charging up just everyone focus the boss and let the sparks go through.

When the pillars come up dot all three on your side, dodge the incoming adds, dot the adds once they've spawned. When the adds are all grouped up and Elegon is about to reactivate start using mind sear, with the stragglers try to death any you can for orbs, and throw pain to let them tick down/proc ToF.

You're not really maximising your damage from Devouring Plague, that should be close to your top damage. Make sure you always cast as soon as you have your third shadow orb. Make sure you're maximising your shadow orb gain (Deathing adds on low hp, making sure you use MB on CD) next best thing to do is making sure you get the most out of Cascade (bouncing off the protectors/sparks/adds) and when there is nothing (last phase for example) use on CD.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    When your spark spawns spike it twice, hit it with MB (if off cd) then flay and death to finish it. If you have no support on your spark - i suggest just using spike and blast.

You and the lock will probably have the slowest damage on your orbs.
    I prefer the method that someone from HowToPriest site had said for charges. I'm usually done first out of everyone in the group. DP with 2 orbs,u se a MB and SWD to gain back your orbs for the next charge. I MF a little or use a MS proc if I have one and it drops down very fast.

Saw few times that it is massively crit dependant Few times managed to mind spike for 220k then is 1 dot and spark almost gone. (and another time have to mfly them which is poor idea DPS to low) When it comes to DP yes ur right, sometime I w8 to get the DP only on a spark when have 2-3 orbs waiting then I know it will be much easier to take them down. When it comes to doting adds - hate the cast time of VT ...and on 2 occasions agrro the adds and died from them . Well will try to up the haste from somewhere but hard to find (even trying 463 ring with more haste from time to time - and the cloak ....darn forgot about this one! /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    You and the lock will probably have the slowest damage on your orbs, so get the tanks to help you.
    Hmm, Not if you and your lock are doing things properly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...241&target=163
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...539&target=159

That is why I turned here for suggestions/criticism/tips to improove. Another thing his higher geared with haste cap and that's 25 man

Quote Originally Posted by tereu5 View Post
    That is why I turned here for suggestions/criticism/tips to improove. Another thing his higher geared with haste cap and that's 25 man
    True, I was 479 at the time of those logs.
    As far as rotation goes though, Don't bother with dotting all 3 (the dot on yours will be cleared by the mind spike anyways). Only dot one on your side that you aren't focusing (this is to proc ToF when the thing is dead, the DoT will continue to tick at 0% hp till it reaches the post so will proc it for you) Then open with a cascade to hit all 6 charges and the boss (use it on first third and fifth sets) then its a Mind Spike x2, Mind Blast, Mind Spike till SWD range rotation. If you've got orbs they're generally best spent on the boss (once he has stacks especially) but in a pinch they can be burned on the charges too. Make sure to refresh DoTs before the orbs spawn every time on the boss to keep FDCL procs coming.

If you're solo'ing one orb and using cascade you're basically guaranteeing to be the highest player in your 10man too, as you do a good chunk of your damage to everyone else's charges.