Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does Faux news always make sections on their site for races like this? o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Heck, even Mormons didn't like Romney considering Bush got more of their votes than Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    There are plenty of "jobs" out there but not the job they want,Beggars can't be choosers,oh wait as long as Obamas in office they can.
    there are not plenty of jobs out there you have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do not like hearing the things that I am hearing on conservative news outlets, but I can sort of expect this from Romney himself.

Are we really surprised? These folks refused to listen to the facts before the election too.

I want more competition for the seats in Washington, not less. Running on the ideals of old white men simply will not win you elections anymore. Accept that, and then adapt to the changing world. Hopefully they realize that it is their extreme social stances that are turning people off, not conservative fiscal policy. Return to wanting less government, not legislating morality.

Only as good as the leaders. So long as Rush Limbaugh is a major voice in the Republican party they will continue to ride off into the sunset like all of their favorite movies.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    News source

I've been pretty interested in following the post election rationalizations that have been occurring, but I didn't expect one straight from the horse's mouth. While it seems early to start looking at the 2014 election, the Republican Party had better decide soon if it's going to try to win with this tact or if they're going to change it up.
    There are other parties out there and I hope the Libertarian Party will be stronger for the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Keyword: shrinking.
    How is raising taxes going to stop them from shrinking?

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by canyonvr View Post
    There are other parties out there and I hope the Libertarian Party will be stronger for the next election.
    The Libertarian Party is useless. The best thing you can do is utilize Republican primaries to get good, real conservatives in office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    good, real conservatives in office.
    So out of curiosity -- what do you define as a "good, real conservative" in today's political landscape?

I hear the terms liberal and conservative thrown around and it seems everyone has their own ideas.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I frankly don't believe it's the governments place to seize my money and then 'offer' it off to people for votes. I for one am sick of generation mooch and if I were American I would have voted for Romney, because he had the balls to call out the moochers.
    Unfortunately he didn't only call out the "moochers", he called out anyone who doesn't pay federal income taxes even if they do work and don't receive welfare. You can work in America and not have to pay federal income taxes either because you don't earn enough or because you qualify for deductions that both Democrats and Republicans seem to support because these deductions have been around for quite some time under both Republican and Democratic presidencies.

I'm late to the party but I have a question relevant to the article in the OP. Is it simply worded wrong or is Romney answering to his donors the same way a CEO would answer to share holders?

If so I'm getting quite pissed off. He isn't even trying to hide he had no interest in working for the Amercian people. You answer to the people, not a hand full of billionares.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    The Libertarian Party is useless. The best thing you can do is utilize Republican primaries to get good, real conservatives in office.
    No economic conservative has run in my memory. Every republican I've seen run for office wants to cut income while increasing spending. There is nothing "conservative" about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how even Republicans/other conservatives are denouncing Romney's excuses that Obama only won because he gave gifts to the poor. Even Romney's own party thinks he's a dipshit. I'm honestly surprised... and at the same time, not surprised at all that several MMO champ Republicans STILL support Romney's stance of big business and exploitation of the middle class trumps all would somehow win the election.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by oppie View Post
    ALL and I do mean ALL of the things you say he supports he is also against, so you really can't say he is liberal at all, it depends on who he is talking to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:54 PM ----------

There are not plenty of jobs out there for ppl, its not always about the one they want, I am a military vet with over 10 years training in the field of communication (radios, computers, Sat, A/V, etc), I have applied for jobs in that field but have also applied for jobs at homedepot, target, fast food, trash collection and not one place has yet to offer so much as an interview. Companies simply aren't hiring folks these days, so while there may be plenty of businesses there not an overabundance of jobs.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:57 PM ----------

Oh yeah because everyone lives there or can afford to get there, I guess everyone knows how to drive a semi-truck and is qualified to do so. You may be able to make that much doing so but are they actively seeking ppl for employment, prob not
    You shouldn't have had much issue with finding employment after military,My brother in law also ex army and also ex communications went straight from his 20 years retirement to a position which he says is basically glorified video gaming,working and developing guidance systems.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much all that needs to be said here.

Wow when you ostracize a demographic (one of the many) you lose elections!? CRAZY!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    I like how even Republicans/other conservatives are denouncing Romney's excuses that Obama only won because he gave gifts to the poor. Even Romney's own party thinks he's a dipshit.
    How quick they are to eat their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    It will if the minorities are localized in swing states like california and new york.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes, I can. That's not happening anywhere other than in your "fascistic nightmare". Here in the real world, the country's basically business as usual.

Just LOL. Not much else to add.
    Its happening everywhere. You are just to blind to see it. Just LOL another libtard with his head up his ass.

Infracted - Let's avoid insults such as "libtard" or "retardican", etc.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-11-16 at 03:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Pretty much all that needs to be said here.
    In Europe we call politicians with views like these for either religious zealots or being affiliated with a nationalistic & 'racist' parties and we have them both as well.
    Both of them are political suicide to all but a few nutcases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    By definition a "minority" won't win you any election...just saying...
    A minority as in singular, one, yes. But many groups are still considered "minorities" well up until they make up 40%+ of the population. With how close these elections always are, 10% of the population can make a swing a vote one way or the other. Combine several minorities and you can get a powerful voting coalition which can indeed win you an election.

Yeah, appealing to one minority? Not gonna win. Appealing to a lot of them? That can be some serious muscle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    There are plenty of "jobs" out there but not the job they want,Beggars can't be choosers,oh wait as long as Obamas in office they can.
    Interesting to know.
    seeing as I spent literally 8 months searching for a job, I applied everywhere I could in a 30 mile radius and for 8 months nobody would hire me.
    Finally after 8 months of having absolutely no money I had to go to my father and as for a job.

So I'd really like to know where all these jobs you speak of are because they obviously aren't anywhere near me...

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Interesting to know.
    seeing as I spent literally 8 months searching for a job, I applied everywhere I could in a 30 mile radius and for 8 months nobody would hire me.
    Finally after 8 months of having absolutely no money I had to go to my father and as for a job.

So I'd really like to know where all these jobs you speak of are because they obviously aren't anywhere near me...
    They were 31 miles away...you were so close!

Obama won because of people like Colin Powell who don't stand for anything voting.