Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Guild Wars 2] Recent Class Balance

Holy shit. 50% nerf on dancing dagger and 33% on cloak & dagger for thieves.

This literally fixes NOTHING that has to do with their insane burst (mug+steal+C&D+backstab all in .5 sec) but rather hurts balanced builds even further.

Rofl what a fucking joke... as an ANet Guild Wars fanboy I am sickened, appalled, furious and just plain sad that they could be this fucking oblivious, straight up retarded worst attempt at balance I've ever seen in my life, we didn't even get compensation for the nerf. DD still costs 4 initiative and it could have been handled a lot better, like losing 50% damage per extra target it hits or something.

Wow. Imad /endrage

brb rerolling warrior since they'll never get nerfed, they are ANets frost mage... what the fuck

This thread is going places. You got moxy kid. I like that.
    gw2 is a great game

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    And I was just thinking about returning to my d/d thief... oh well.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Blizzard definitely have the worst class balance in any game hands down.

inb4 lock thread

Mod edit: Nah bros. Lets not open this can of worms.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-16 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually haven't played my rogue in so long I had to log in to remember what these abilities were.

So now that I have...what you're telling me is that the most powerful attack for d/d, a ranged, multi-target, cripple-indusing attack was nerfed? Well gee I mean, I'm so sad I can't just walk backwards while pushing 4 and win.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I just use dancing dagger for the snare really. Not a big deal in my opinion there although I do have to agree that backstab remaining unscathed is a bit puzzling.

But then Shadow Form was untouched in GW1 for it seemed like forever until they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyz View Post
    Blizzard definitely have the worst class balance in any game hands down.

inb4 lock thread
    I've always wondered how much TRUTH there is behind this popular (overused) statement, and not just personal opinions/theories and often based upon what that player is able to handle or not in PVP...or what he/she's been reading on the forums.

On the subject at hand:

Is this the ONLY profession being so "nerfed"? I have been at ranger, warrior (female black Charr + big weapon swings = epic) and Elementalist so I'm curious about those.

There are a bunch of profession changes, not sure if this is the only nerf (although I think they buffed some other abilities to compensate, I'll have to look again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I actually haven't played my rogue in so long I had to log in to remember what these abilities were.

So now that I have...what you're telling me is that the most powerful attack for d/d, a ranged, multi-target, cripple-indusing attack was nerfed? Well gee I mean, I'm so sad I can't just walk backwards while pushing 4 and win.
    Most powerful attack is not DD... derp. And what's retarded about the nerf is it wasn't just nerfed, it was nerfed into the ground with zero compensation. If it had an initiative knocked off or something I'd be happy, but as it stands this is totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I just use dancing dagger for the snare really. Not a big deal in my opinion there although I do have to agree that backstab remaining unscathed is a bit puzzling.

But then Shadow Form was untouched in GW1 for it seemed like forever until they changed it.
    Good point...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I've always wondered how much TRUTH there is behind this popular (overused) statement, and not just personal opinions/theories and often based upon what that player is able to handle or not in PVP...or what he/she's been reading on the forums.

On the subject at hand:

Is this the ONLY profession being so "nerfed"? I have been at ranger, warrior (female black Charr + big weapon swings = epic) and Elementalist so I'm curious about those.
    Well it's probably not true but before he edited his thread title if he's going to say anet have a worst class balance than Blizzard...

Lets be honest Blizzard trying to balance pve and pvp how many years has this game been out and still haven't got it right..

Anet separate pvp and pve and some of the changes only apply to pvp
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-11-16 at 04:00 AM.

I changed the thread title. It was too much.

This seems to be a hot topic. So I'm letting it stay open.

However.

Guild Wars 2.

Use this thread to discuss the recent balance changes in Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2.

Take World of Warcraft woes to the appropriate sub forum not named Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2.

--Fencers

Mesmers had Phantasm damage dropped by ~50% as a completely undocumented change, with no boosts elsewhere. We already did less auto attack damage than anyone else, because these were doing their thing beside us, but now?

Zero use in assault in WvW, low damage in PvE. The only DoTs that have a health bar that dries up if someone sneezes on them. All because hey, in sPvP, it's hard to kill one.

…really?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe mesmers will finally shatter now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    brb rerolling warrior since they'll never get nerfed, they are ANets frost mage... what the fuck
    Are you stupid or what? Warriors are one of weakest classes in s/tpvp and in need of huge buffs. Read forums. Thieves are practically op to hell and beyond any limits. Ye go play a warrior, only to run back to your thief after few matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Mesmers had Phantasm damage dropped by ~50% as a completely undocumented change, with no boosts elsewhere.
    Holy crap are you kidding me? Well there goes any motivation I had for logging in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Maybe mesmers will finally shatter now?
    Shatter mesmers were already a popular burst spec in pvp at least, this just means even more people will be going that route.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-11-16 at 02:21 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Thief players tend to be some of the most obnoxious forum posters for some reason...

The changes were needed, and more are needed to be frank.

Deleted
    Yea my glass shatter mesmer still get oneshotted by backstab combo. I do however feel like getting more survival is more viable in this patch. Are currently looking for some confusion build to see if that will be good.
    Other than that I think the patch is a step in right direction even though thief seem to be the profession they never get right.
    Add to that all pvp updates, love them all =)

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I enjoy the Thief profession. I do not play a BS thief.
    I cannot say I understand AN and the "balancing" of the professions. It is understandable that the changes/fixes come at a slow pace, since they have a small number of programmers (from what I read). As to what profession is the top dog and who is the bottom feeder, I will still play what fits me best.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really into the whole OP/UP debate or whether they needed buffs/nerfs - I barely started playing, after all. Still, best part of the patch was reading why they didn't change Rangers much: "There are >500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this."

I mean, holy shit, was that written seriously? Two people working on balancing a major MMORPG game? Is Guild Wars 2 actually an indy game and I missed that information before paying for it? Did no one teach their employee how to do proper PR?

I sure hope this was just some misunderstanding. Otherwise, that was insanely stupid statement right there. 2 people, 8 professions? Well, I guess, the optimists can say "at least they play more than one class, which means they won't be playing favours". But if they pretty much say there's not enough of them to do proper balancing... Um, hire some people, Anet?

Seriously, way to make a good impression on a new customer.