Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Technically, camping is considered griefing. If you literally are getting spawn killed for say, 5 minutes+, I'd definitely submit a ticket. For good measure (for chatlog purposes) I'd say something everything in /General each time you're killed so the GM's can have time-frames to look through logs.

I'm not against PvP, hell that's why it's a PvP, it's nothing more than a mass-populated server. It's how your server would be if it had a much higher population, but I'd love to see griefers get banned for doing that shit. There's a HUGE difference between PvP and spawn camping someone for 5+ minutes.
    Blizzard disagrees:

"Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

Blizzard Code of Conduct section C.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    But... you can CRZ onto a PVE realm.

Where's your "blizz wants you to transfer" argument now?
    Only if you receive an invite from a RealID/BattleTag friend that's on a PVE realms. Other than that, the PVE and PVP servers are kept segregated. Just sayin'...

Given the all the snide "carebear" remarks I've dealt with asa PVEr from egotistical weenbags that play on PVP servers, I'm hard pressed to sympathize when those egos get bruised at the hands of corpse campers that flood into their zones from rival PVP servers.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    For a while yes, when it goes on to last for hours then its considered harassment.
    Except the player has the option to get some friends or, if he has enough gold, "contract" out some other players on the same faction to act as bodyguards and even the score. Numerous blues have harped on this time and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Still it holds true. Blizzard is just fixing empty zones to a level that they intended it to be. This is what it was like back in Vanilla. Zones were much more populated. And this is what a lot of people have been crying out for, to bring back world PVP....

Working as intended I say.
    I agree 99%. The only thing that I disagree with was that back in Vanilla when I switched toons or got a guildie to help the person wasn't able to fly away on their epic mount. They gank then sit on their drake so they can fly away at the first sign of another 90 coming to visit :P

Also has anyone else been chasing a ganker through the air just to watch them cross into another zone and disappear? That annoys me :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    In the same section:

The "essence" of the game isn't L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y making the game completely un-playable to the other party. If it's been happening for 5-10+ minutes and the dude can't even fucking spawn and hearth that's greifing... it's not simple "PVP" at that point. You know damn well Blizzard has an internal policy (my 5-10 minutes seems way over the "limit" with just how long is "acceptable") with just how long it's considered PVP and when it goes over that line. Can you imagine someone putting a ticket in saying you've been spawn killed for an hour? If they honestly tell people "sorry, that's part of the game, but if you pay us $25 we can glady transfer you to a PVE server" I want to see a screenshot of it, and I will cancel my account. That is the epitome of piss poor game design.
    In the aforementioned section, Blizzard has already acknowledged that corpse/graveyard camping is considered part of the essence of the PVP experience, loathsome as the activities may be. They don't tell you "Sorry it's part of the game, give us your cash and we'll transfer you." They tell you, "sorry, it's part of the game, it's an MMO, make some friends and use your posse to get payback."

Sorry, but if you're getting corpse-camped for over an hour because you're stubbornly treating an MMO as a single-player experience, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. If you're in a guild, it shouldn't be hard to round up some mates to give you a helping hand. Hell, as outraged as people are about corpse campers, it should be stupid easy to find people within your own faction that'll help you out for the sake of putting some creep in his place.

Piss poor game design would be you sitting in general chat on a PVP server telling the other player to report a camper for harassment instead of offering your service to help mete out some vengeance on behalf of that person. You can't expect Blizzard to police EVERYTHING, least of all on a PVP server, and to do so is to recuse yourself of the community aspects that are conducive to a healthy and enjoyable MMO experience.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-11-16 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    I don't know where people are getting this information but it isn't remotely true. Like I posted earlier in this thread:

"Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

Quoted straight from their Code of Conduct section C.
    However, players in my guild have been warned by GMs to desist corpse camping after just one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaubo View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but being spawn camped isn't something that just started with CRZ. It has happened always and forever on PVP servers. I don't think blaming CRZ is the right course here. I do like the idea of being invited from a friend on a PVE server. Never really thought of that.
    L90s ganking lowbies seems to be the new end game activity on pvp servers. Before Crz, players could go to other zones if they were camped, but now every zone is full. Spawn camping the Dark Portal is out of control. Players die before the game loads. Roll a dk and try it-- it's not fun.

If Crz says like it is now, I'm betting Blizzard changes how players are spawned at areas like the Dark Portal and most if not all pvp servers become low pop servers.

This is why it's smart to join a BG or Dungeon queue. When the invite comes for the BG or Dungeon simply respawn real quick and hit enter the BG or Dungeon before they can attack you.

Deleted
    Most people answering in this thread act like its totally accepted to behave like an asshole only because of the fact that its "a pvpserver". Makes me wonder what kind of neckbeards lurk these forums.

Deleted
    I know it gets old fast, but seriously. PvP WILL happen on a PvP-server. Deal with it.

I love CRZ I see nothing but benefits in it. A more interactive world and more world pvp, i've never had this much fun out in the world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    1. Get a few $$
    2. Go to the WoW site
    3. Migrate to a PvE server
    ... Its been asked a billion times here that "CRZ SUCKS OMG IM BEING GANKED" and it was YOUR choice in the first place to join a pvp server and if you still dont wanna migrate, just call a bunch of 90's in your guild to come and help you and no, blizz said that they wont remove CRZ.
    That's counter productive.

The way to influence Blizzard is to stop your subscription and find something more fun to do rather than rewarding them with $ for a change you don't want. You can say you're quitting because of CRZ and if enough people do it then they might not remove it but they might change it enough that's it's no longer a problem, but never pay them to rectify a situation they created.

Deleted
    Working as intended.

Deleted
    You rolled on a pvp server and knew what could happen... So don't complain that your getting ganked when its pretty common to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

You rolled on a pvp server.
    What exactly is PVP getting oneshotted by lvl 90?

Deleted
    you are fucking retarded, crz to another server

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-16 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna put money on the fact that the majority of people complaining are those who joined a PvP because it was high on WoW progress and had a 95% faction dominance meaning no w-pvp. All CRZ's did was allowed the lower level zones to become populated so that w-pvp could occur from 10-90.

You rolled on a PvP server knowingly. You knew ganking could happen and it does. If you have a problem with being ganked then it's the players you have a problem with, not the system.

If you hate being ganked as I did you'd have the sense to migrate to a normal server. Otherwise there is nobody to blame but yourself for your own server choice.

Deleted
    sure killing a player is fine But if you do it over and over so that the other cannot continue its just griefing and thats not what Blizzard want.. besides i never understand why you would kill People below your level what does it giev you ? Satisfaction cuz ur too bad to kill People at the max lvl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    Doesn't matter, you're (Not specifically you) on a server built and designed to involve Player vs Player Combat. Don't complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    inb4 stupid admin darsithis closes this because "its not constructive"
    Wait, what? Admins should close threads like this. Not being constructive is just one of the reasons. The other is that we already have threads like that, there should not be countless threads on the same topic.

Also, back in the good times when server transfers were introduced, transferring PVE to PVP was not allowed. Strictly because how much harder it is to level on a pvp server because of the ganking. Ganking WAS a huge part of leveling and everyday life on a PVP server. Later on, it became more safe due do increased levelling speed, much bigger world, less reasons to go outside of capitals, whatever. They even lifted the transfer restrictions around that time.

So anyone who whines about pvp on a pvp server is dumb and also has no idea how it used to work in the beginning of the game. CRZ basically puts world pvp back to where it was in Classic. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    sure killing a player is fine But if you do it over and over so that the other cannot continue its just griefing and thats not what Blizzard want.. besides i never understand why you would kill People below your level what does it giev you ? Satisfaction cuz ur too bad to kill People at the max lvl ?
    Just because I kill someone lower level then me doesn't mean I can't kill people at the same level as myself. I'm a Mistweaver, so typically I can't kill my opponents, but I do often enough when I just whittle them down bit by bit. Most importantly though, there is typically a reason behind their behaviour. Before Mists of Pandaria launched I was leveling characters to boost my Monk to level 80, and the entire time I was being camped, ganked and slain for hours on end.

I now go around and kill anything that is Red. I may lose, but at least I slowed them down a bit, and reinforcements from the guild are never to far away.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    CRZ basically puts world pvp back to where it was in Classic. Deal with it.
    It doesn't even take it back to the PvP seen on servers back in Classic. It was much more common then, and because of no massive world and no Cross-Realm services at all, PvP was more personal and nasty because it become Guild vs Guild. I'm not saying we go back to those days, but seeing people complain just makes me laugh.

They've no clue as to how hard it used to be.

Deleted
    The problem of the maniacal ganker camping one low level for 5 hours can be resolved in an easy way by Blizzard.

Remember the "Disonorable Kills" in the old Vanilla WOW ?

Put them back in . First 3 kills/hour of a guy with more then 10 levels under you - are free.

Then if he don't atacked you first:

The 4th one give you -100 honour points .
    The 5th kill -200.
    The 6th -400.
    Then -800. Then -1600. Untill you finished your gathered honour points.
    Then you continue losing the conquest points.
    After finishing the gathered conquest points , start going in negative value .

I bet will be fun ganking a lvl 20 for 3 hours and ending with minus 15k conquest points and minus 20k honour points.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PvP ruleset was instituted by Blizzard at a time when there was a PvP solution for ganking and camping. This solution is no longer possible as the jerks who constantly disrupt play for lower levels exploit the fact that they can cross a zone boundary and be on another server the moment there is any possibility of retaliation. They are not there, as some would have you think, to provoke WPvP. They are there for one reason and one reason only: to annoy and disrupt someone else's play. Yes, they can log to their 90 (if they have one), but as I stated above, the ganker will only run for the closest zone point and wait for the 90 to get bored and leave and it's back to business as usual. Alternatively they can log to another character and deal with yet another group of jerks.

There is no reason for lower levels who enjoy PvP to have to transfer to a PvE server. There is a very good reason indeed to fix the problem for once and for all. Most will not reroll and, in the present economic climate, most will not pay to transfer all their characters to a PvE server. Some will simply quit in disgust. So, to those who state that others should either transfer or quit: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT. This type of mentality will only lead to low population PvP servers with the jerks in control.
    Last edited by Labruja; 2012-11-16 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Clarity