Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie25 View Post
    Ilvl 484 - This guy is not doing too bad..
    That is not a valid excuse. I'm at 484 with the Necromantic Wand and a Blue Helm (but I do have Light of the Cosmos) and I pulled almost 60k more than the guy in question on Elegon (in a kill that was a minute longer).

The problem is pretty easy to see - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dw...+%3D+TYPE_CAST

He is weaving in Fel Flame for no reason, he is not maximizing his procs. Literally every Warlock that has a DPS problem has that latter problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Thanks for the input, and I have noticed his DoT uptime being rather low, however for the kill he had 97, 90 and 94 % uptime, while it isn't ideal it isn't terrible.
    Not using his trinket is horrible however, and if he's ungemmed that's a problem as well.
    What I can't figure out though is how he basically standstill (he wasn't kiting pheromones) pulled 70k dps on the kill, what with multidotting available, the moonkin, who is a healer gone offspec, and who was also kiting the pheromones, almost did as much dps as him.
    So what am I missing, or are locks just terrible for Garalon?
    Personally i noticed my guilds shadow priest has a field day on this fight, somewhat different for myself as affliction :P
    It doesn't seem to be that great for affliction locks, dotting passing legs and the boss should give reasonable dps, it's possible that moving around alot is decreasing his dps.
    I'd have to dig deeper but thats something he needs to do tbh, to learn.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    That is not a valid excuse. I'm at 484 with the Necromantic Wand and a Blue Helm (but I do have Light of the Cosmos) and I pulled almost 60k more than the guy in question on Elegon (in a kill that was a minute longer).

The problem is pretty easy to see - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dw...+%3D+TYPE_CAST

He is weaving in Fel Flame for no reason, he is not maximizing his procs. Literally every Warlock that has a DPS problem has that latter problem.
    Stating that for his Ilvl he isn't doing bad is a passing comment, nor is it an excuse, but an observation..

But yeah fel flaming for no reason is bad, same with maximizing procs. Perhaps getting extracd or setting up weakauras may help in that case.
    I am not sat here over analyzing logs mainly because it should fall down to the lock in question to check it and double check it, there are plenty of resources available across many websites.
    And if it is down to rotation, and adding what should not be there, i'm pretty sure there is a "basics" video guide on mmo somewhere lol.
    Most common issues I see across the board is uptime - gemming - chants - using procs.

Personally i noticed my guilds shadow priest has a field day on this fight, somewhat different for myself as affliction :P
    It doesn't seem to be that great for affliction locks, dotting passing legs and the boss should give reasonable dps, it's possible that moving around alot is decreasing his dps.
    The difference is that he (the priest) is only losing his mind flay by multi-dotting, but is gaining tons of dot damage and mind spike procs, which then create instant mind blasts for him. You, on the other hand, are losing a lot of dot damage by multi-dotting due to MG.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...od/details/53/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Schro/simple

My char is Schro and I have 480 ilevel, and I am sometimes getting top dps, and others I am not. I am usually below the other affliction lock and I want to be hitting the 100k numbers I am seeing with other affliction locks. What am I doing wrong and how can I improve it?
    Last edited by Salty Schro; 2012-11-16 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Schro View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...od/details/53/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Schro/simple

My char is Schro and I have 480 ilevel, and I am sometimes getting top dps, and others I am not. I am usually below the other affliction lock and I want to be hitting the 100k numbers I am seeing with other affliction locks. What am I doing wrong and how can I improve it?
    First the Gara'jal fight is very hard to look at and base anything off of, because if you went down to the spirit world and the person with the logs didn't everything will show wonky.
    So I just went back to your feng kill to take a quick peek.
    -You're dot uptimes look good, keep on keeping on for that.
    -Your're Soulburn usage is horrible. Do you have SBSS macro'd to anything, or are you just not taking advantage of it?
    -You only cast Drain Soul 2 times on that fight, that seems very low to me unless he just fell over sub 20%
    -You have NO reforging, this cannot be helping you at all, Plug yourself into Simcraft, (you can find a youtube guide on how to use it) and take the statweights into something like reforgelite or wowreforge.com. This will help you a TON with getting better stat priorities.
    - You have a few unenchanted pieces and a few that could use better enchants on them, Small things can make a difference.
    -If you are not sure where to start with haste breakpoints or stat priorities, take a look at the sticky on the stop of the warlock thread for Affliction, there is a ton of helpful information there.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    First the Gara'jal fight is very hard to look at and base anything off of, because if you went down to the spirit world and the person with the logs didn't everything will show wonky.
    So I just went back to your feng kill to take a quick peek.
    -You're dot uptimes look good, keep on keeping on for that.
    -Your're Soulburn usage is horrible. Do you have SBSS macro'd to anything, or are you just not taking advantage of it?
    -You only cast Drain Soul 2 times on that fight, that seems very low to me unless he just fell over sub 20%
    -You have NO reforging, this cannot be helping you at all, Plug yourself into Simcraft, (you can find a youtube guide on how to use it) and take the statweights into something like reforgelite or wowreforge.com. This will help you a TON with getting better stat priorities.
    - You have a few unenchanted pieces and a few that could use better enchants on them, Small things can make a difference.
    -If you are not sure where to start with haste breakpoints or stat priorities, take a look at the sticky on the stop of the warlock thread for Affliction, there is a ton of helpful information there.
    I have been only using SBSS at the start of the fight, should I be using it more times over haunt? Also as for drain soul, I think I forgot due to a brain malfunction on my part during the final 25%, though should I be using it pre 25% as well?

As for simcraft I will plug myself in and get that sorted (got no laptop for a week due to repairs, but will when I get back on.)

My Char is Nazshadow ilvl is 487 im having trouble not pulling the numbers i think i can currently. Would love any input and help to do better for my guild to get further in progression. Nathrezim is my server and Left for Dead is my guild on WoL US.

Sorry I could not post links yet my bad.
    Armory: us[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/nathrezim/Nazshadow/simple
    WoL: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/000sz77i97azntgi/
    Last edited by Nazshadow; 2012-11-17 at 07:29 PM.

Hey there,

Fight: Feng the Accursed

(Really sorry for the links, can't post them yet)
    WoL: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-8jrbvqmx6qh6kecw/sum/damageDone/?s=496&e=887
    Armory: eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Merivh/advanced

I feel that overall my damage is just lower then it's suppose to be.
    I've been trying to improve alot but i never seem to be able to out-dps our shadow priest.

Also I've not been able to maintain a steady dps, my opener usually bursts up to 100k+ but then I drop really fast to around 60k.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

- Walonia / Merivh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Hi! I'm posting on behalf of my guilds warlock. He seems to be doing extremely low DPS, which has caused us quite a bit of problems for a while. As a shadow priest, I've been trying to help him out with how to manage his DoTs and whatnot, but I don't know the class enough to go into details.
    Most recent logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4u...?s=1029&e=1480 - Zor'lok
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4u...?s=1872&e=2292 - Ta'yak
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4u...?s=7153&e=7556 - Garalon

Last weeks clear: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dwtco86vuhvds42b/ - a full raid night..

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Ammii/simple

Very much appreciate any kind of help. Best regards, Mumu.
    Ilvl 484 - This guy is not doing too bad..
    I'm currently in 479ilevel gear thanks to a grand total of 1 drop this tier - I was doing 4mil more damage on blade lord over the same time length, around 10k more dps.

I've not got time to dig into the logs too much, but dot uptime seems a little lackluster.
    What sticks out more is the 31 fel flame casts, is he refreshing dots with fel flame? I had a grand total of 2 casts in that encounter, fel flame isn't used to keep dots up and there's not enough movement in the fight to justify 31 imo.
    Not sure about the malefic grasp damage either - seems to be a fair chunk less ticks than I have.

10k dps behind on vizier too, though our fight apparently took 1 minute longer.

Again, dot time is far lower than it should be, I thought it might have been due to the last phase in blade lord, but there's ZERO excuse on this encounter, how is he tracking dots? What addon is he using, because it doesn't seem to be working for him.

There's certainly something going on with his dot uptime.

I have been only using SBSS at the start of the fight, should I be using it more times over haunt? Also as for drain soul, I think I forgot due to a brain malfunction on my part during the final 25%, though should I be using it pre 25% as well?
    Get your unit frames to track health percentage, or get an aura for it. You can start channeling just as he dips down to 20-21% (depending on his base health) since the first tick will then happen when he is sub-20.

You can Soulburn Soul Swaps for the execute phase and keep Haunt up, since you have nearly unlimited Soul Shard income at that point (if you are properly channeling Drain Soul, that is).

10+ Year Old Account

As for simcraft I will plug myself in and get that sorted (got no laptop for a week due to repairs, but will when I get back on.)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Get your unit frames to track health percentage, or get an aura for it. You can start channeling just as he dips down to 20-21% (depending on his base health) since the first tick will then happen when he is sub-20.

You can Soulburn Soul Swaps for the execute phase and keep Haunt up, since you have nearly unlimited Soul Shard income at that point (if you are properly channeling Drain Soul, that is).
    Just as an aside to this, you don't need to cast Drain Soul anymore AFTER a mob hits 20%, Drain Soul now automatically updates it's ticks as they happen, so you never miss out on the bonus damage if you miss the mark and start too early. It's still best to not be much too early though, to avoid loosing out on damage.

Indirect help needed in regards to simcraft. I've plugged my character in, and on two different tests, received differing weight scales without changing any items.

Can't direct link but Ezzyz - Sargeras

Current test shows: Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    Scale Factors 3.81 3.17 1.62 1.25 1.76 1.95

Everything is up to date, just wanted to figure out why it was suddenly favoring mastery much more than previously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    Indirect help needed in regards to simcraft. I've plugged my character in, and on two different tests, received differing weight scales without changing any items.
    How many iterations are you running? It's normal to recieve different stat weights, but not by much. If you ran a low number of iterations it might not have smoothed out properly though.

As affliction mastery eventually just outdoes int at high gear levels, so it's to be expected. I haven't looked too much into why as I've only had 1 bloody raid drop this tier, so I've not reached that point yet, but it's nothing to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Hi all. I've played a lock for some time now, but as soon as I stepped into these new raids, I've found my dps to be extremely low. Especially for a class and spec that's considered one of the best for damage. If someone could take a look at my logs and could identify my problem I'd be hugely grateful! Because I simply cannot work out for the life of me what exactly I can do to be doing better. My gear is mainly reforged into hit, so I know that can't be helping but still, any help will be much appreciated.

logs: /reports/rt-xjl79rzuje4g6hs6/sum/damageDone/?s=3985&e=4516 & /reports/rt-xjl79rzuje4g6hs6/sum/damageDone/?s=2986&e=3494
    new log to have a look at. The fight was treated as a single target so maybe this is of more use to help me out with. Cheers.

/reports/rt-1bd82zsoniyqrqq4/details/114/?s=7993&e=8443

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,
    I feel as if i am nonperforming giving my current gear.
    Logs: http://www.wow-heroes.com/ - search for iribela on frostmourne and all the logs are near bottom. easier than linking all of them.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ibela/advanced

I usually keep up with rest of raid but i feel as if i should be doing more.

Appreciate any time anyone invests into the matter.

make sure you are switching talents every single fight. this can help dps as well

Never posted on a fix my dps thread before but here goes.I've started using my affli lock on guild raids and I have seen my dps being really low on most occasions (it has been a gear issue until last night where after the whole raid I ended up with 3 upgrades).I tried going for 8% hit (rng gods didnt hear my prayers that much) and was thinking of going for 15% hit.but haste ratings and mastery ones are REALLY low with 15% hit rating.here are some logs from last night:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=6789&e=7307
    from elegon where I was outdpsed by the tank.had major movement around the fights since the healers were stacked at the console and my orbs were on the complete other side of the fight (teleport range is 40 yards so had to move around quite more often than expected) and I did run with 8% hit on those fights.
    Another example is feng:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=3771&e=4111
    where I went with 8% hit rating as well and saw OHMYGOD so many misses I was on the verge of throwing my keyboard out of my window.Should I go on with 15% hit?Lower it perhaps to 13%?because the haste thresholds are a bit hard to maintain (if I glyph dark soul I can reach the 11% but have loss on bursts) let alone high mastery rating.The link to my warlock is on my signature.Thank you everyone very much for any effort in advance.

Help Our Warlock

<moved to the appropriate thread - Elmi>
    Last edited by skmage; 2012-11-21 at 11:09 PM.

I can say that if he isn't willing to come here himself and post in the "help fix my dps" thread that you doing so for him isn't going to do him any good nor you by relaying what we say here. In form him of the issues and send him here to solve them on his own.

Edit: this post was in a thread that was moved here.. now it looks silly!
    Last edited by CDShaidar; 2012-11-22 at 12:19 AM.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    Hello,Fellow Locks
    I'm Having Great Problems Dpsing on a Single target Fight as Garalon I barely touch legs so i should be really close to what my Character was Simming off at that time(got a couple of upgrades by then)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=2711&e=3116 here is the Garalon Log
    I was Simming at that time for ~85k Dps at a patchwerk fight
    I know a Couple of Big Faults there like no second pot or the retarded Haunt uptime that I had during two mins where i got 8-9 nightfall procs but 0 haunts cast but Could that actually be the 13k Dps difference?I hardly believe so its just these two things So if someone can help me out with the rest i Would be really thankfull