Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ugh. Just logged in today.

First things I noticed. Ability delay on vital shot. That is new. >_<
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Just cancelled it again. I thought it would be better this time but I ran into the same issues: too many keybinds, no macros, no dual spec even within the same AC, bugs upon bugs on top of bugs everywhere, boring questing (specifically the parts where you need to kill the same boring mobs over and over).
    A few QoL features have changed but the core of the game has not and moving to f2p soon isn't an overhaul to the game but change to the business model so expecting what you disliked before to be radically changed since launch seems a bit of stretch. Only game I've seen radically change from it's launch designs is Rift but that's not what were here to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Yup. I resubbed today and almost instantly regret it.

Having spent the past 5 months or so playing another game, it's astounding how terrible SWTOR's engine and gameplay feels. My character turns around and looks around at two separate speeds. Every time I jump, I drop about 10 frames per second. Mounting and dismounting are still causing the game to hang up. When I use an ability in an area with more than 4 people, it takes half a second to register.

And I don't know if it's because I've been away for a while, but it feels much worse than I remember.

I want so bad to get into this game, but I just can't. It has so many redeeming qualities that are just completely outweighed by the game's shitty engine. The PvP is some of the most enjoyable I have ever played, apart from the lagfest. The raiding and boss mechanics are really well thought out and fun. The combat system, at it's core, is very satisfying to execute; the list goes on.

But, the chunkiness of the game itself just kills all of that. I'll definitely ride out the month and check out the F2P model, but unless something is done about the game's engine, I just don't see myself ever fully committing to the game like I want to.

I will add, that it's nice to see a decent portion of people on the servers again. There are plenty of PuG groups for operations and flashpoints going on in general chat and the WZ queues aren't too bad. So, at least they have improved that aspect of the game.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2012-11-11 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Yup. I resubbed today and almost instantly regret it.

Having spent the past 5 months or so playing another game, it's astounding how terrible SWTOR's engine and gameplay feels. My character turns around and looks around at two separate speeds. Every time I jump, I drop about 10 frames per second. Mounting and dismounting are still causing the game to hang up. When I use an ability in an area with more than 4 people, it takes half a second to register.

And I don't know if it's because I've been away for a while, but it feels much worse than I remember.

I want so bad to get into this game, but I just can't. It has so many redeeming qualities that are just completely outweighed by the game's shitty engine. The PvP is some of the most enjoyable I have ever played, apart from the lagfest. The raiding and boss mechanics are really well thought out and fun. The combat system, at it's core, is very satisfying to execute; the list goes on.

But, the chunkiness of the game itself just kills all of that. I'll definitely ride out the month and check out the F2P model, but unless something is done about the game's engine, I just don't see myself ever fully committing to the game like I want to.

I will add, that it's nice to see a decent portion of people on the servers again. There are plenty of PuG groups for operations and flashpoints going on in general chat and the WZ queues aren't too bad. So, at least they have improved that aspect of the game.
    The thing is... My friend said that 1.4 reintroduced bugs from beta/launch and so I should have expected this.
    But I thought he was just being dramatic. I mean, he plays like 3/4 hours a day so I figured it must not be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Yea I noticed this on my baby JC over the weekend and I have never had an issue with ability delay at all in the game before. It was rather disappointing

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea I noticed this on my baby JC over the weekend and I have never had an issue with ability delay at all in the game before. It was rather disappointing
    Kinda why I'm worried they are rolling out F2P so quickly. It's almost like they had it halfway designed on an old version of their engine and are being forced to put it out anyways. Hopefully the knowledge of solving the bugs originally help expedite the process now. While I am unhappy, I don't want them shooting themselves in the foot with past mistakes for the sake of the game.

I can deal with getting stuck in my unload animation forever really, but actual ability delay is pretty severe.

On the upside though playing on Tython and Corasaunt this weekend felt a lot like playing when the game first launch in terms of server activity. There was always multiple instance of the planets going and there were a ton of people around looking to do things. That part was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    On the upside though playing on Tython and Corasaunt this weekend felt a lot like playing when the game first launch in terms of server activity. There was always multiple instance of the planets going and there were a ton of people around looking to do things. That part was a lot of fun.
    I found that hoth was far more bearable after a 4 month break. That was nice.

Still couldn't find people for the 4 mans though. :/

Well, it doesn't matter really. Smuggler will be done on friday, probably.

I finished maxing out ALL the exp boosts on my shadow. Who is in all event gear. smexy.

Welcome back OP! New since 1.1....

Well theres two more raids that are some of the best I've seen in any MMO, my only complaint about them is that they are too short, well and the first one has too much trash.

I am not sure if you saw the legacy system before you left, but thats pretty cool too. To use WoW terms, its kinda similar WoW's guild perks back in Cata but for your personal account.

There were two world events, but you missed them and they are gone now. Looks like there will be a third around xmas time.

SWTOR added a Group Finder also, and it works very well.

There have been lots of graphics updates and fixes.

There is one new warzone, with another coming soon.

Theres more daily quests, though it sounds like you aren't interested in that after playing mope, but these have story with them, so they are better.

I am sure I am forgetting something.

I was looking forward to bust out some Warzones like I did long ago. Free to play got me excited because I enjoyed swtor, just not enough to dump a sub into it. However, is it true I can only do 3 warzones per week? If so....are they fracking kidding?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I was looking forward to bust out some Warzones like I did long ago. Free to play got me excited because I enjoyed swtor, just not enough to dump a sub into it. However, is it true I can only do 3 warzones per week? If so....are they fracking kidding?!?!
    I think it was raised to 6 because the community was like "you are going to kill the 10-49 queue"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    You can pay to unlock unlimited warzones, but that still probably goes against what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You can pay to unlock unlimited warzones, but that still probably goes against what you want.
    This.

Its only 2.50 a week. If you are hard core pvp but don't like ranked you can get the price down to 2 dollars a week by buying bulk coins

I think you could get almost half a year of pvp for 40 bucks.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-14 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I quit playing 6 months after launch and have 2 50s both with epic pvp and pve gear. If I reactivate, will everything in my banks and on my character be available to use?
    I read that f2p won't be allowed to equip epics. I don't want any free gear/items, I just want to make sure if I reactivate that my characters aren't stuck naked with no mounts
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Ok so I quit playing 6 months after launch and have 2 50s both with epic pvp and pve gear. If I reactivate, will everything in my banks and on my character be available to use?
    I read that f2p won't be allowed to equip epics. I don't want any free gear/items, I just want to make sure if I reactivate that my characters aren't stuck naked with no mounts
    If you reactivate you'll have everything. If you don't since you had subbed at some point you will have a preferred account and you will be able to use all the gear you have (new gear you won't be able to use) and you'll still have your legacy unlocks, inventory expansions, and cargo holds available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the info!
    I miss my bounty hunter
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Simple question: Is there any way to change the name of my legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Simple question: Is there any way to change the name of my legacy?
    I know that when I logged in I got a message saying I was eligible for a Legacy rename, but I haven't used it yet.

OT: I just logged in for the first time in a while and I have to say the game is certainly buzzing with activity everywhere I go. Also, I don't know if it's just my imagination but my framerate seems to have gone up by a good 10 fps everywhere and almost doubled in the fleet, which I'm definitely liking. Will be fun to play around with some of my alts casually until I decide whether to resub or not.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a bit of help if anyone cares to take a minute for me. Here's my status. I bought on launch the CE (big ass box) and played for 2 pay periods. I got my Assassin to 50 and some other characters to the 20's or so. I fed quite a few credits/mats down to my other characters so they have higher than what they should on crafting as well as storage. I maxed out my server with the full 8 slots. What exactly am I going to have access to when I login under this new F2P model. I noticed I'll be 'preferred' or such and I'm supposed to get a decent chunk of these coins to play with. But how many characters will I be able to use? Can I still create new ones? What of all the bank slots and such I already payed for in game. I logged out wearing some epics what happens there. Oh I also was a GM at the time, do I still have my guild? Is there anything else I should know? I quit before legacy even dropped and I was the last one playing from my group of friends. Any and all help is much appreciated.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I'd like a bit of help if anyone cares to take a minute for me. Here's my status. I bought on launch the CE (big ass box) and played for 2 pay periods. I got my Assassin to 50 and some other characters to the 20's or so. I fed quite a few credits/mats down to my other characters so they have higher than what they should on crafting as well as storage. I maxed out my server with the full 8 slots. What exactly am I going to have access to when I login under this new F2P model. I noticed I'll be 'preferred' or such and I'm supposed to get a decent chunk of these coins to play with. But how many characters will I be able to use? Can I still create new ones? What of all the bank slots and such I already payed for in game. I logged out wearing some epics what happens there. Oh I also was a GM at the time, do I still have my guild? Is there anything else I should know? I quit before legacy even dropped and I was the last one playing from my group of friends. Any and all help is much appreciated.
    1) For now you will have access to all your characters. Unless you subscribe you will eventually only be able to use 2.
    2) Anything you unlocked you will keep. Bank tabs, bags, etc.
    3) You will have a new cap on how many credits you can have, but you don't lose what you had...it just goes into an invisible escrow account. It means you won't be able to afford much of anything.
    4)You will be able to use any artifact gear you have previously equipped, but no new ones ever unless you pay for it or subscribe.
    5) You only get the coins if you resubscribe before Dec 20th (not positive on the exact day)

Hope it helps.