Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The truth is, we can't. Our forces are over worked and over stretched to start a new ground war in the middle east, taking Iran would be very costly and would spark huge retaliations from other Islamic countries.
    Hate to tell you that there are several countries in the region, not counting Israel that do NOT want Iran having nukes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You know you are saying to kill thousands of innocent people right? Do you even think about what you're saying? This isn't Call of duty, we are talking about real people who don't deserve to be "bombed away" because you lack the human ability to have empathy.
    People rarely get what they deserve. And after all that arab spring crap I doubt that there will be a solution any time soon that does end up in peace and unicorns for everyone anyways.

What I am saying is, If Iran was to use a nuclear weapon as a first strike they would become a target by the whole world. They would be digging their own graves and because of that they wouldn't do it.
    Ayatollahs would probably see it as martyrdom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Talk about a radical generalization.
    You're pretty much calling all Iranian citizens and elected officials terrorists?

You can't generalize an entire population because of the actions of some, it's juvenile and quite frankly rather ridiculous.

Afghanistan has significant untapped oil and natural gas reserves.
    That they are currently selling very cheaply to China, biggest rival to the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    The problem here is that Iran has every right to nuclear power, maybe that's all they're after.

What's the point if rules and regulations if you're just going to break them?

I don't want Iran with nukes, but I don't want plenty of other countries with nukes either, USA and Pakistan to name a couple.
    Iran has every right to a nuclear weapon too, really. If they didn't happen to be on the wrong side of American foreign policy right now, this wouldn't even be a conversation.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Talk about a radical generalization.
    You're pretty much calling all Iranian citizens and elected officials terrorists?
    wtf are you talking about. since when does the entire population of Iran have their fingers on button to launch nukes?

So when are we sending in the inspectors to check Israel for nukes?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    But we use far more than we produce.
    And the great majority of our imports come from Canada...so obviously we should invade Canada...

Whatever happens I just hope other countries don't get involved. Neither one of these countries will be content until the other is nuked off the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Ayatollahs would probably see it as martyrdom.
    Iran really isn't as hot on the whole "dying for some virgins" deal as a lot of other Muslims are. Indeed, to most of the Islamic world, Iran is often not even considered to be "real" Muslims. First off they're the largest bastion of Shi'a Islam in the whole #&$*$@! world, while most Muslims in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and America are Sunni. Beyond that Iran also retains many of their historical dieties from when they were Persia, now downgraded to mythological heroes of their past. They also consider themselves the only remaining part of the Persain Empire.

Iran's not your typical Islamic crazies, though they've got their share.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    People rarely get what they deserve. And after all that arab spring crap I doubt that there will be a solution any time soon that does end up in peace and unicorns for everyone anyways.
    That still doesn't change the fact that you want innocent people to die without any thought of what that means.

What makes us better than an average animal if we choose to kill thousands of our own species? We are either superior to animals or we aren't. Up to this point we have shown that we aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Iran has every right to a nuclear weapon too, really. If they didn't happen to be on the wrong side of American foreign policy right now, this wouldn't even be a conversation.
    Well considering we're trying to eliminate Nuclear Weapons entirely I think you're mistaken...

Revenge would be going after the nation mostly behind it, look at this list.....

https://www.cia.gov/news-information...timony_new.pdf

Not one guy from Afghanistan but 15/19 were from Saudi Arabia, also the country that spawned Osama Bin Laden. Revenge may have been the public reason for the war in Afghanistan, but something else is going on behind the scenes.
    You do realize that Afghanistan was/is a safe haven and training grounds for terrorists... Saudi Arabia is not.
    what should Saudi Arabia do, ban international travel?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 04:08 PM ----------

That still doesn't change the fact that you want innocent people to die without any thought of what that means.

What makes us better than an average animal if we choose to kill thousands of our own species? We are either superior to animals or we aren't. Up to this point we have shown that we aren't.
    when a squirrel invents sliced bread, get back to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    You do realize that Afghanistan was/is a safe haven and training grounds for terrorists... Saudi Arabia is not.
    what should Saudi Arabia do, ban international travel?
    So you need to occupy an entire country to try and control a tiny portion of the population?

I simply don't care. Innocents die all the time and all your morality talks won't change a damn thing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge would be going after the nation mostly behind it, look at this list.....

https://www.cia.gov/news-information...timony_new.pdf

Not one guy from Afghanistan but 15/19 were from Saudi Arabia, also the country that spawned Osama Bin Laden. Revenge may have been the public reason for the war in Afghanistan, but something else is going on behind the scenes.
    Revenge doesn't need logic nor reason. That said, terrorism is a non-national deal, the fact that 15/19 guys were Saudi doesn't mean that 9/11 had Saudi support, it simply means that 15/19 disgruntled assholes who committed the attack came from Saudi Arabia. Terror networks don't care what country you're from, only that you want their same endgame...same reason we picked up guys like Werner Von Braun. We don't care, they don't care. If you have the knowhow or desire to blow shit up, you're in.

I don't know if the Saudi royalty supported 9/11, but we do know that terror networks in Afghanistan did. So go after the targets that are reasonable and findable. Deal with the Saudi's later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Basically THIS. The only reason we're attempting to deny Iran nukes is because we don't like them. They have the same sovereign right to develop nukes just like any other nation does.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I simply don't care. Innocents die all the time and all your morality talks won't change a damn thing about it.
    You're not being intellectually or morally serious.

Israel scares me the most, if they are over run they may just use the nukes and take the enemy with them.
    This stereotype is even more false than the one you claim is pure propaganda. There is no reason for Iran to get nuclear weapons, they should put the money in education and maybe buy civil rights, they need those badly.. And the fact that other countries have them is no reason to get them. Or they are afraid the arab spring movement reach their land too? Well it should.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    So you need to occupy an entire country to try and control a tiny portion of the population?
    When that population is incredibly spread out, yes. That's kinda the basics of governance. You gotta control the whole pie if you want to have power over the few.

Just, be kind.

Does that not show the true nature of Humans then? If people "simply don't care" how can we ever stop war? How can we ever expect to make it as a species?

It doesn't matter if we can some day travel through space if we end up killing ourselves off before we get to that point.

I know it isn't easy to just stop, I'm not a fool. But if people "simply don't care" then it will never stop.