Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Then why are they provoking others?
    Because they're trying to look tough. Same reason India and Pakistan are always at each other politically. Shit if you're worried about a nuclear war it's not Israel and Iran you should be worried about.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    well they are cornered by countries that want their elimination, i don't support the use of nukes in any situation but prevention strikes (not by nukes) are justified in that case, aren't you military? don't you know this?
    Yes, I am military, does not mean I approve of WMDs though. The Samson option basically means they would wipe out all of their enemies and themselves rather than give up their land, it truly is MAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    well they are cornered by countries that want their elimination, i don't support the use of nukes in any situation but prevention strikes (not by nukes) are justified in that case, aren't you military? don't you know this?
    Being neighbors with people who don't like you isn't an excuse to kill them. I mean the reverse could be said as well, Israel's neighbors know Israel doesn't like them and wants to attack them, so they're justified in striking first aren't they?

Preemptive strikes are a load of crap, there's no such thing. There's first strikes and then there's...first strikes. You can't strike before the first strike, because then you ARE the first strike.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Isreal is exempt from rules other countries have to follow it seems.
    Israel is also world facing total annihilation and an enemy sympathetic to the idea of a second Jewish holocaust...I don't imagine that's something many can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Being neighbors with people who don't like you isn't an excuse to kill them. I mean the reverse could be said as well, Israel's neighbors know Israel doesn't like them and wants to attack them, so they're justified in striking first aren't they?

Preemptive strikes are a load of crap, there's no such thing. There's first strikes and then there's...first strikes. You can't strike before the first strike, because then you ARE the first strike.
    SIR! We need to pre-emptive strike, their pre-emptive strike!

Indeed, arm the nukes...

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well yes, I believe that was what Pulina was getting at. Anyone with a little common sense will translate that into the knowledge that Israel has nukes, or at least the tech to build them in a heartbeat if it wanted to.
    We know that Israel has nukes, the USA will have the receipt lying around somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    Israel is also world facing total annihilation and an enemy sympathetic to the idea of a second Jewish holocaust...I don't imagine that's something many can relate to.
    So they are allowed to break rules other countries are forced to follow?

Doesn't mean they shouldn't have to follow the same rules as everybody else in the nuclear club.

So they are allowed to break rules other countries are forced to follow?
    No - I'm just saying that two armchair generals sitting behind their respective computers and debating on an internet forum can't reasonably put themselves in the same mindset as the Israeli's...or any else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    You... should not... be allowed to post.
    This is what's wrong with the right wing in the US, when you can't win an argument you try to shut down your opponent.

I am willing to bet you never saw this because you only watch mainstream news.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Doesn't mean they shouldn't have to follow the same rules as everybody else in the nuclear club.
    Sure - Israel should follow the rules...doesn't mean Iran needs nukes.

So let me guess, how many times have US or Isreal or any other actual country used a nuclear weapons to attack another country after the WW2 incident that proved that nuclear weapons are terrible? Ok good, so none, are you all willing to roll the dice for a country that has constantly out spoke its hate of West, calling US the great satan, constantly supporting anti-Zionist positions, that has supported terrorists attacks and groups to western targets in the past, that violates human rights from left to right. That is ruled by the most extremist wing of its islamic politics (you know, the one that thinks we are all infidels). Good luck with that.
    Watch the Dictator movie, is a funny one, you'll get informed and entertained at the same time .
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Deleted
    No - I'm just saying that two armchair generals sitting behind their respective computers and debating on an internet forum can't reasonably put themselves in the same mindset as the Israeli's...or any else for that matter.
    Not yet, give me a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is what's wrong with the right wing in the US, when you can't win an argument you try to shut down your opponent.
    Hey moron - last time I checked that's exactly what the left wing's been doing for the past decade. How about you stay on topic and don't make ridiculous and nonfactual statements.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

Not yet, give me a few more years.
    LOL - touche...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    When the +1 has no fear of death, it does change the equation. It kinda defeats MAD.

MAD only works when both sides fear destruction.
    You're absolutely vacuous if you think Iran would be foolish enough to launch a nuke on Israel. Before discussing that, Ahmadinejad has no real power, the the Supreme leader of Iran does, and he never claimed he would wipe Israel of the map. The actual leadership of Iran is nothing as you suppose it to be. If Iran is developing a nuke, it is doing so primarily as a deterrent and to gain some international power; Iran has seen what America has done to it's neighbor countries Iraq and Afghanistan, and Iran has sanctions that will only weaken the Iranian economy unless it gets a nuke as a political deterrent.

For those claiming Iran selling nukes to other counties, that may be possible. But remember, Pakistan-an unstable country with quite a bit of terrorists-has managed to prevent that. The nuke holding nations know of the dangers of using and selling a nuke--they would have to be absolutely insane to pull something like selling or detonating a nuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    That's where you are wrong. Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map. What he said was, the current Israeli regime needs to be wiped from history. The Zionist extremists are the problem that need to be dealt with.
    Last edited by Dryade; 2012-11-16 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    We know that Israel has nukes, the USA will have the receipt lying around somewhere.
    I'm pretty certain the CIA gave them the tech several decades ago.

Just, be kind.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe my country needs to start taking a more isolationist approach to the world and stop with the "Israel can do no wrong" mentality. If Israel wants to poke the bear one too many times and get bit, then it's up to them to defend themselves. Why do we have to step in every time two countries are going at each other. If they don't attack us, then we shouldn't attack them, bottom line. Just because our politicians are armchair warriors doesn't mean the rest of our country is.

On the topic of nuclear proliferation, which would you feel more safe in, a room with 100 people and 1 person has a gun or a room with 100 people and everyone has a gun. I would take the latter, because if you pull yours out you are toast. Its the same reason all these shootings happen at places that are "gun free," no one can fight back.

Hey moron - last time I checked that's exactly what the left wing's been doing for the past decade. How about you stay on topic and don't make ridiculous and nonfactual statements.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:35 PM ----------

LOL - touche...
    Wow. I was just mirroring/satirizing what the guy I quoted said. You aught to take your anger out on him as well if you care that much about what you said.