View Poll Results: Does this makes sense as a list of alternatives?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • YES

48 71.64%
  • NO

19 28.36%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up How To Get Geared For Raiding Without Ever Doing a SINGLE Daily

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...thout-dailies/

1. Normal Dungeons:

Normal dungeons award a mixture of gear, item level 410 from Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery, and 435 from Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogushan Palace. The required item level for Heroic dungeons is 440, so in order to progress along this gearing route you will need to also gear via one of two routes. It’s advisable to do dungeons to amass Justice Points before you hit 90 and can no longer queue for random dungeons if you wish to gear without dailies.

2a. Quest Rewards

Several quests offer rewards which will increase a player’s average item level enough to enter heroic dungeons. There are shoulders from The Mariner’s Revenge, belts from Overthrone and feet from Fires and Fears of Old available with item levels of 450 in the Dread Wastes, and rings with an item level of a rather surprising 489 from Shadow of the Empire in the same zone. In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Battle Axe of the Thunder King awards an ilvl 463 chest. The Secrets of Guo Lai in the same zone awards ilvl 440 rings. The Arena of Annihilation quest, which can be collected on a player’s first entry, awards an ilvl 463 weapon. The Sha of Hatred in Townlong Steppes awards ilvl 442 helms, The Point of No Return gives a 442 chest, and Terror of the Dread Wastes offers 442 rings. The latter quests are also in Townlong Steppes. It should be noted that several of these quests are the last quest in a long chain! Use Wowhead via the provided links.

2b. Honor PvP Gear

Since the 5.0.4 changes to PvP gear, using it as a substitute for a similar level of PvE gear has become far more viable. PvP-specific stats PvP Power and PvP resilience no longer replace primary stats, instead adding to them. Honor PvP gear is of the same ilvl as Justice PvE gear, and the stat differences are minimal. If you have amassed a good number of Justice Points by doing dungeons while leveling, the choice is yours as to whether to spend them on PvE gear, or convert them to honor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to obtain PvP gear. For my PvP-focused gearing method, it was very useful indeed to obtain Honor gear. Full sets of ilvl 458 PvE gear are also available in return for Justice Points from various vendors with no reputation requirement.

3. World Bosses

The two World Bosses, the Sha of Anger and Salyis’ Warband, or Galleon as he is better known, are both excellent sources of PvP and PvE gear. Both drop 496 gear, and the Sha of Anger will furnish players with a quest item that can be redeemed for ilvl 476 boots on the first kill.

4. Heroic Dungeons

Heroic dungeons largely drop ilvl 463 loot, but there is a chance on ilvl 476 weapons being dropped from the last boss of each Heroic Dungeon. With the shortage of weapons available of this level, this is a boon. The required item level to enter Mogushan Vaults normal mode is 460, with all the steps above this should be easily obtained.

5. Conquest PvP Gear

Conquest PvP gear, much like Honor PvP gear as discussed above, is of a high item level and has excellent stats. Conquest gear ilvl is 483, so more than high enough to help players along their way to raiding average item levels. Conquest points can currently only be gained via arenas and random or rated battle grounds, so if you’re not a fan of PvP this may not be the option for you.

6. Valor PvE Gear

We posted here on GAMEBREAKER a while back about PvE gear reputation requirements being rolled back. Since October 2nd, the reputation requirements to purchase certain pieces of Mists of Pandaria Valor Point gear have been reduced from Revered to Honored (which you can be just from questing). These include:

Klaxxi – neck items
    Golden Lotus – rings
    Shado-Pan – cloaks
    August Celestials – bracers

If you’re not doing dailies it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to have honored with any faction, except perhaps the Klaxxi. Do head over to their Quartermaster and see if the neck items are available to you, and check your other reputations just in case!

7. Professions

Most professions have the capacity to craft items of Raid quality, and many of the patterns are Zone Drops or require only honored reputation with Golden Lotus. Nonetheless, Golden Lotus Honored is very likely to require daily quests, and that’s not our objective today. Should you happen to have Golden Lotus Honored already, check out what you can buy. Have a look at your professions, a great one is Inscription which allows the creation of several ilvl 476 weapons. Engineers can yet again craft helms, ilvl 476 this time and recipe drop crafts award 496 items..

8. Raid Finder

This has been left ’til last, simply because, as I mention in the hit, it’s not been kind to me. I have run the raid finder several times in an attempt to get gear, but always been unlucky. So, I haven’t got a single piece of loot from it, and I’m at a 470 ilvl. Granted, a lot of that is from PvP gear, but you win some you lose some! Raid Finder drops from the only Raid Finder instances currently available are ilvl 476.

The Heart of Fear, and later the Terrace of Endless Spring Raid Finder modes have an item level requirement of 470 for entry, and both drop ilvl 483 gear.
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-16 at 09:16 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except for PvP gear, which still has a reputation of meaning you sick, all very good alternatives.

Let's hope people read before whining about dailies...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't think anyone ever sad you can't raid without dailies. All the arguments I've seen are that you will be better geared if you do the dailies.

It would make sense but it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. Hell your 2a. responses have quests that require dailies to unlock. I'm wondering if you even play the game or you just tried to make the article/whatever (the link is broken) to drum up page views.

Well, the URL was working 20 mins ago. And the list came from the site that was linked (not my original post). Also, Xeraxis, it sounds like you are more interested in arguing than discussing the imperfections of the list. I would absolutely welcome constructive discussion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    (the link is broken)
    Fixed - the hyperlink was mixed up

Dailys were NEVER meant to be a means to gear up for a raid. They are there for NON raiders to get some gear and as possible supplements to raiders who are not getting drops.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2012-11-16 at 09:21 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Dailys were NEVER meant to be a means to gear up for a raid. They are there for NON raiders to get some gear and as possible supplements to raiders who are not getting drops.
    Agreed. Looking at Dailies as a supplement is a more accurate assessment.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:51 PM ----------

I expected more acknowledgement from the Raiders. Something along the lines of "Hey, thanks for finding us constructive and reasonable solutions to dailies". I guess the topic is only popular when an argument breaks out before one side can give a rational explanation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:18 PM ----------

295 views and 6 responses. That's what I like to see. Folks getting the idea of other ways to get their gear without having to grind dailies. As for me, I have Golden Lotus and Tillers waiting on my main when I get off in 30 mins. Should be a great weekend. Some more rep, some easy money, more VP, and closer to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    [/COLOR]I expected more acknowledgement from the Raiders. Something along the lines of "Hey, thanks for finding us constructive and reasonable solutions to dailies". I guess the topic is only popular when an argument breaks out before one side can give a rational explanation.
    Sadly, I've come to expect this from most kinds of forums on the internet. However, I'm sure there are many (myself included) who are grateful for you link and post detailing gear sources. I'll now be heading to wowhead/google to peruse info regarding the 489 ring you mentioned in 2a.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Sadly, I've come to expect this from most kinds of forums on the internet. However, I'm sure there are many (myself included) who are grateful for you link and post detailing gear sources. I'll now be heading to wowhead/google to peruse info regarding the 489 ring you mentioned in 2a.
    I am not sure if there is a hyperlink for the ring in the original post. I copied the body from the link in my top post. There may be hyperlinks there already. Good Luck to you!

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1337/the-klaxxi

So it looks as though the OP from the copied link discusses this ring. I'm not sure if it is possible to hit exalted with Klaxxi without dailies or not, so I won't speak to that. But this is the ring he was mentioning.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't think anyone ever sad you can't raid without dailies. All the arguments I've seen are that you will be better geared if you do the dailies.
    There's less RNG in dailies. You farm them for a month or two, you buy the gear.

Doing LFR, Professions, heroics is very RNG dependent.

But people whining about dailies feel they are the only way to gear, and they're not. How Blizz intended you to gear was to do some dailies while waiting for your heroics/lfr/bg/scenario queue, and supplement with the usual profession gear from your guild.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your points - they lowered the ilvl req to heroics from 440 to 435 and the req 460 for MSV is for LFR not normal. I have not done the Arena since week 1 but at that time the weapon was ilvl 450 and not 463.

The best rewards from quests that you mentioned (and others have pointed out) are from the quests you get after hitting certain rep requirements. The 463 chest reward is from hitting revered with Golden Lotus and starting a quest chain. I believe the epics are received from hitting exalted with a faction and doing the following chain. So those cannot honestly be said to earned without doing dailies.

Otherwise, nice concise post about all the ways to get decent gear without a lot of daily grinding. PvP gear is even more viable these days as pvp power etc do not detract from the secondary stats on an item, making them equal to PvE items of matching ilvl.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Conquest gear is the really only viable alternative, and it really all depends on what your guild considers geared anyway.

I have all of the crafted gear etc, but still not good enough (a couple more pieces available might tip that), and obviously the dungeon/honor gear isn't enough for most guilds (while I recognise it's possible and some guilds will accept that most won't). You list valor gear as an option in a list that is meant to be how to gear without dailies? Unless you're human you're not opening up any of those factions sufficiently without doing dailies so can't really count that. A lot of the quest rewards you mention require revered/exalted reps, which means dailies. I also don't think you can really list world bosses/LFR, they're too random, as my own current soapbox example I've done every single one available every week, and used coins, and have yet to win a single piece of loot. People want something more reliable than that (with good reason, can't say how pissed off I am at the rng here).

That said conquest is a great alternative, I can cap in 1-2 hours of play a week, don't have to unlock vendors etc etc. How fast you get currency there seems unbalanced compared to the other options. However I can understand people not wanting to arena to gear for pve. The complaint that the dailies aren't related to the end goal goes just as much for this option. Personally of the two it's still more preferable for me though.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-16 at 11:38 PM.

Only thing to change on that list ... You DO NOT need to do Normals.

That made it seem like there was some extra big step that was required to get geared when hitting 90 (And JP to farm or something), when it's completely false. Just purely from Questing, EVEN if you skip Dread Wastes you can still reach the 437 required ilvl to get into Heroics.

Otherwise I completely agree... You DO NOT need to do a single daily to get geared enough to enter LFR and Normal Mode Raids... Anyone saying that dailies are "Compulsory" is simply just being a little bitch. Sure, in the first few weeks IF you were a hardcore/semi-hardcore raider getting those upgrades was Vital. But that wasn't determined by Blizzard's system, it was determined by YOU the player (I was included in this group) that decided they wanted to be Min-maxed as much as possible, and dailies were necessary for that.

However as someone just hitting 90 now, playing happily casually at their own place, and just getting into Normal Modes and LFR whenever they feel ready. Dailies are completely unnecessary and optional extra content.

I don't do dailies. I am halfway geared up through LFR in 470-497 gear now. Dailies are nothing but an option for something to do. They are not a gate to progression, no matter how badly you want to make it seem that way.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Elrith/simple
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Agreed. Looking at Dailies as a supplement is a more accurate assessment.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:51 PM ----------

I expected more acknowledgement from the Raiders. Something along the lines of "Hey, thanks for finding us constructive and reasonable solutions to dailies". I guess the topic is only popular when an argument breaks out before one side can give a rational explanation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:18 PM ----------

295 views and 6 responses. That's what I like to see. Folks getting the idea of other ways to get their gear without having to grind dailies. As for me, I have Golden Lotus and Tillers waiting on my main when I get off in 30 mins. Should be a great weekend. Some more rep, some easy money, more VP, and closer to exalted.
    These aren't reasonable alternatives to dailies? Any decent raider will start raids with 463 ilvl or around there, from heroic dungeons.

The problem is gearing up, if I had done ZERO dailies I would still be in all blue gear, bar the LFR drops I have been lucky on. I don't fancy mooching off my raid till RNG decides to be kind to me.

Dailies are the ONLY way to progress your character further, which is the problem people have. There is no problem to start raiding before doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I don't do dailies. I am halfway geared up through LFR in 470-497 gear now. Dailies are nothing but an option for something to do. They are not a gate to progression, no matter how badly you want to make it seem that way.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Elrith/simple
    That is your main? Well the protection warrior in my guild, who is DPS offspec, having 0 dps loot from raids, has higher ilvl than you do by doing dailies. LFR is fine, if your not raiding. Looking at your character you only do looking for raid. So it doesn't really help, the case?

This thread seems a little odd... and without sounding offensive the OP seems to be expecting some form of recognition for this thread, when it doesn't say anything most people didn't already know.

The only thing that is valid in this post for gearing up without doing dailies is the conquest gear.
    Last edited by mmoc282c47af3d; 2012-11-16 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you dont really need normals. Both of my 90s were 435 on hitting 90 with just questing. I did move from Kun Lai to Townlong and Dread Wastes and didn't do Valley at all, so its a bit dependent on where you are when you ding. If you did everything in Jade Forest, Valley etc you could ding in Kun Lai I suppose and would then be a bit low in item level.

Another place to get 463 blues... Scenarios. I was in casual mode for a couple of nights this week and did scenarios for a few hours and got 3 blue 463 drops over and above the 450 Weapon from the Arena of Annihilation quest. Three drops in 12 or 14 scenarios isn't a great rate but it's also not terrible and they're fast. They're also a nice option when you have a couple of friends on and don't really feel like dealing with LFD.

You also short crafted gear. While the MoP patterns need rep to get most of the classes and specs have crafted epics that are BoE and thus can be bought on the AH. They might be expensive and probably aren't worth it unless you have tons of gold but they're an option.

I am not sure if there is a hyperlink for the ring in the original post. I copied the body from the link in my top post. There may be hyperlinks there already. Good Luck to you!

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:24 PM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1337/the-klaxxi

So it looks as though the OP from the copied link discusses this ring. I'm not sure if it is possible to hit exalted with Klaxxi without dailies or not, so I won't speak to that. But this is the ring he was mentioning.
    this is true and i like it i dont mind dailies but i would like an alternative way to gain rep rather than being "pigeon holed' into them"

as others have said even if your are raiding and you get no drops in order to get better gear u must do dailies lfr has the same situation as raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Anyone saying that dailies are "Compulsory" is simply just being a little bitch.
    For raiding then i agree but if you want crafting recipes and mounts then they are compulsory.

The only thing about dailies that is true, is that you have to do them to spend the valor you earn -- which is bad design.

Any other argument is usually whiny QQ that should be ignored.