Comparison in Healer damage

Hey guys. I was wondering how generally the healers compare in damage done with a normal set of glyphs ie don't include holy paladins who are glyphing for damage. Basically, what i'm looking for is potential damage while there is downtime but still at 100% healing potential

My initial guess would look something like this:

1) priest
    2) Resto Druid
    3) Mistweaver
    4) Holy Paladin (without glyphs)
    5) Resto shaman

An idea is good but a source is even better
    Last edited by Truewiley; 2012-11-16 at 11:06 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truewiley View Post
    Hey guys. I was wondering how generally the healers compare in damage done with a normal set of glyphs ie don't include holy paladins who are glyphing for damage. Basically, what i'm looking for is potential damage while there is downtime but still at 100% healing potential

My initial guess would look something like this:

1) priest
    2) Resto Druid
    3) Mistweaver
    4) Holy Paladin (without glyphs)
    5) Resto shaman

An idea is good but a source is even better

rDruid.
    HotW and GO.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...fault/#fo00000 (check all healers—link is being weird) That's HPS. My bad.

It's easiest for Fistweavers and Smite spammers to continue healing while DPSing. rDruid definitely has the most burst.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...fault/#fo00000 (check all healers—link is being weird)

It's easiest for Fistweavers and Smite spammers to continue healing while DPSing. rDruid definitely has the most burst.
    Doesn't DpsBot show hps instead of dps when comparing healers? That's how I thought it worked

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:09 PM ----------

Yeah, DpsBot has to be showing hps. It shows where the Disc hotfix took place. Otherwise, holy and disc would have similar dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truewiley View Post
    Doesn't DpsBot show hps instead of dps when comparing healers? That's how I thought it worked

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:09 PM ----------

Yeah, DpsBot has to be showing hps. It shows where the Disc hotfix took place. Otherwise, holy and disc would have similar dps
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works. I can't see healers pulling 50k+ dps on a non-gimmick fight - and even then, that's awfully high.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Ah. Didn't even look at the data, honestly. My bad. I figured "Overall DPS" meant... DPS.

Maybe some WoL digging will provide some answers since no aggregator seems to collect healer DPS.

My gut feeling is this:

dPriest
    Monk
    rDrood
    Pally
    hPriest
    rSham

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Ah. Didn't even look at the data, honestly. My bad. I figured "Overall DPS" meant... DPS.

Maybe some WoL digging will provide some answers since no aggregator seems to collect healer DPS.

My gut feeling is this:

dPriest
    Monk
    rDrood
    Pally
    hPriest
    rSham
    Yeah, Hitting up World of Logs is probably the best idea. I was hoping someone somewhere had done some investigating for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think my burst went up to like 260k dps on Heroic windlord with the 600% damage boost :P, otherwise i can do about 30k sustained as a fist-weaver.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

I really hate current Resto shaman damage. I can dedicate 1.5-2 minutes total in fight doing full dps with flame shock, lava burst, lb and fire totems to then check damage meters and only see 1m damage done :l
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com

Quote Originally Posted by tiandar View Post
    I really hate current Resto shaman damage. I can dedicate 1.5-2 minutes total in fight doing full dps with flame shock, lava burst, lb and fire totems to then check damage meters and only see 1m damage done :l
    That's kind of what i assumed. Never really heard of Resto shamans doing competent damage

Eh, holy paladins can do "decent" damage when dpsing, but it costs a lot of mana so it's not something you would ever want to do. If there's so little to heal that the hpala has the time and mana to dps, then you'd be better off making them go ret with seal of insight and battle healer glyph. At least shamans have elementals, fire totems, stormlash, and free bolts!

Rdruid dps can be amazing too, with GotW. It's been nerfed pretty hard lately, but it's still quite a lot, and they don't have to spend mana doing it. I remember seeing ilvl 460 rdruids bursting 90-100k dps on 5 man bosses with bloodlust before all the nerfs, which was pretty hilarious... those were good times!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."