Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So you're OK with being ganked and having people take your quest mobs, resource nodes, and rare mobs without CRZ?

Seems to me most of your arguments against CRZ exist now in crowded Pandaria zones. Why would you wait until CRZ gets implemented in Pandaria to quit?
    For me at least, there's a difference between competition from your own server and competition from other servers.

Players from other servers might as well be NPCs for all the more I'll be able to interact with them again in the future.

I see BenBos is still going on about Blizzard's technological superiority, but once again has failed to describe how this is making the game better or more fun to play. I can only assume he'll buy every new OS the instant it comes out, not because it's better at the things he does, but because they're newer tech so must be "better".

(Hint: In this case, perfection can only come if they change a number of fundamental points regarding the way the game works, and at least one of those points they've already said they don't want to change.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Bullshit.
    40 deaths trying to cross it.
    the first thing you said comes to mind for the second thing. what do you do res on top of your body?
    i'd give it at most 5-6 deaths trying to get into the darkportal if that's where the gankers were.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Bullshit.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Blasted lands. Ready to cross the dark portal. 40 deaths trying to cross it. 30 deaths while levelling. 70 fuckin deaths due to a group of lvl 90 horde assholes ganking lowbies like there's no tomorrow. Thanks to your 'loved' CRZ 'feature'. The whole place is a cemetery flooded with corpses. Thanks to another fiasco feature: CRZ.

One thing is PvP. Another one is WPvP. But being ganked like a pig, and being unable to progress in a game THAT I'M PAYING EACH AND EVERY MONTH, is a fuckin' different one.

So, no. Fuck this feature.
    40 deaths from the portal spot to the dark portal? Bullshit. If you're unlucky you might die 2-3 times, you can always resurrect further towards the portal, and it's a sanctuary on the other side.

The only problems I have with CRZ is that some quest mobs in some TBC/wrath areas have ~10 min respawn timers which are not suitable for CRZ and the occasional bug like "You feel normal" when zoning or a bit of freezelag when zoning.

If you don't want to get ganked then there are some areas to avoid like Honor Hold/Thrallmar and the Dark portal, but that's no different the avoiding the Nezingwary camp or Chillwind post in the "golden days of wow". The world is alive again, this is not a single player game.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

People love to exagerate when it comes to CRZ. It is a flawed system due the mob tagging for quests in old content (should have been updated to share credit/quest items). Theres also the fact that low pop servers AH can suffer as a result. Apart from that it's a good feature that will continue to be improved hopefully.

One thing i do take away from any CRZ thread, is not everyone complaining has the best interests of the game or community in mind. Case in point, a lot of people who were farming for gold ect complaining they don't have the zone all to themselves.

Personally, i'm tired of all the poor suggestions of removing CRZ, instead of providing constructive feedback on what aspects of it should be improved. Respawn rates, mob tagging, quest item sharing are all such improvements that can really improve the feature.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2012-11-11 at 05:02 PM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Question is more like: Why are level 90s killing level 50s?

No challenge. No competition. Just folks who's hobby is plucking wings off of flies "for fun". Waste of data space.
    Doesnt matter. If its red its dead. Ppl know the risk of rolling on a pvp server. Some high level asshole is going to come kill you and have fun while doing it because they take pleasure in beating other ppls face in. And there is nothing wrong with that. Last i checked in a War you kill the enemy not let them walk around. Its Alliance VS Horde out there. If you cant take it dont level in a pvp server.

There seems to be a recurring theme in which people complain about ganking in CRZ. Why don't you just roll toons on, or move to, a PVE realm? Just to be clear, I have most of my toons on a desolate PVP server where the alliance asshats would rather camp Whitepetal Lake ganking anyone who tries to run dailies than actually play PVE content themselves, so I can relate. You know who they are; they are hiding behind a tree at Halfhill targeting you right now.

I love PVP, but world PVP doesn't do much for me because it is almost never engaged in unless one side has such a lopsided advantage that you can only sit there and die. Like it or not, this is part of PVP realms.

I have a couple of toons on a high pop PVE realm, and it's much more enjoyable overall. No worries when questing, no need to get anxious when playing in contested areas, no 90's camping you in Hillsbrad. You can still do PVP any time you like.

It really strikes me as odd that so many WOW players feel like they have to play on PVP realms so they aren't viewed as wimps when they so clearly don't like any of the core aspects of PVP realms. When I started playing WOW, I rolled on the server a friend of mine played on; it happened to be a PVP realm. Had I known any better, I would have rolled PVE, and stayed there. The irony is that my friend is just as I describe; they like the idea of being on a PVP realm, but aren't situationally aware, aren't terribly good at PVP, and don't really enjoy worrying about getting ganked.

All that said, I have found CRZ to be useful a couple of times: sometimes my friends want to come to my realm to quest because it's too busy on their realm. Other times, I go to their realms so we can blast through dailies in a group I wouldn't find on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    There seems to be a recurring theme in which people complain about ganking in CRZ. Why don't you just roll toons on, or move to, a PVE realm?
    Or how about Blizzard cleaning up the trash that ruins the gameplay of their prime cash source -- those leveling alts?

Blizzard counts on making $120 extra for every toon you level, and you guys ganking and causing antisocial behavior is hurting their bottom line.

So how about doing something better: cancel your account as you're draining resources.

The levelers will take your spot just fine, and hopefully bring back some order in this chaos called WoW PvP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Doesnt matter. If its red its dead.
    Look at the mind of a typical PvPer. It's the typical mindset of those who don't understand what a MMO is about. They will kill community because all that matters is looking out for #1.

Your fun stops at where it ruins the fun of others.

Just like in RL, as MMO communities mimic RL.

Want a game that you can do as you please and always looking out for #1: go masturbate.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Open world play across servers without loading screens is simply a WoW hater killer.

After having had the cross server play in BG's (2006) and the start of cross server play in dungeons with dungeon finder (2009) we had the same hate campaigns of the trolls.

Now in 2012: Blizzard added the open world cross server play without loading screens and it makes WOW unbeatable for the next 15 years.

Even the much used "WOW is dying" favorite hater thread can NO longer be used by them after fine tuning this open world cross server play.

Because with this open world cross server play ... in 2025 when WOW could be reduced to 200K players, it would have ... 20 times MORE players than the biggest WOW server of 2012...

I LAUGH so hard when these Blizzard haters always stand with their own feet in the XXXX.

Blizzard out smarted you guys. They always did (examples: everyone looks the same with the latest Raid gear : Transmog, ...waiting times of 2 hours to enter a BG : cross server BG's, ... no one is doing the leveling dungeons anymore : cross server dungeon finder , ... the leveling zones are dead : cross server open world play, phasing killed WOW: farmville and grow your farms///

Etc ... Etc...

Don't be fooled by the Blizzard haters: cross server open world play without loading screens just made the other fantasy MMO's obsolete with one blow on their stucked single server play with loading screens and dying popuations...

And just like the dungeon finders (2009), the cross server BG's (2006) and the phasing (2008) this latest feature will be perfected over the next few years.

You are looking at writing history here with Blizzard technology. Watch it grow further ... in their next games...

The (technology) gap just became MUCH bigger (again).
    Jeez, with posts like this Im a bit concerned with your state of mind. Blizzard can look after themselves you know.

Besides not everyone likes cross realm stuff - CRZ is all about having all the draw backs of a large server population and hardly any of the benifits.

Deleted

I don't even imagine what kind of satisfaction could get a group of assholes constantly ganking lowbies for several minutes, really. Real life frustation?, a need of bigger ePenis?, incompetent raiders (even for LFR)? ... who the hell knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've honestly seen almost no difference in my gameplay, already was on a heavily populated pvp server. Just like before the expansion, saw almost no ganks as leveling (three different characters so far). Seems to be a few more people than usual in the lower level zones, but that's about it. The only thing I've heard from guildies is that leveling herbalism or mining is more painful than usual, with the whole sharing it with other servers thing, haven't actually done it myself though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or how about Blizzard cleaning up the trash that ruins the gameplay of their prime cash source -- those leveling alts?

Blizzard counts on making $120 extra for every toon you level, and you guys ganking and causing antisocial behavior is hurting their bottom line.

So how about doing something better: cancel your account as you're draining resources.

The levelers will take your spot just fine, and hopefully bring back some order in this chaos called WoW PvP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:45 PM ----------

Look at the mind of a typical PvPer. It's the typical mindset of those who don't understand what a MMO is about. They will kill community because all that matters is looking out for #1.

Just like in RL, as MMO communities mimic RL.

Want a game that you can do as you please and always looking out for #1: go masturbate.

I would agree with everything here if...... IF, there wasn't a choice about this when you start. When you roll on a pvp server you have to expect this to happen.
    If you don't want to deal with this happening you roll pve. Those levelers as you say have no reason being on a pvp server if all they do is level toons.

This is coming from a pve player. If you don't like random pvp don't roll a pvp server.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-11-16 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Well, it's been like this in every expansion. Nothing new. I would like to say that QQ incorporates the World of Warcraft-experience.

CRZ is by far the weakest reason to quit that MOP offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaphas View Post
    Indeed. There are many other much better reasons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...92325?page=530

People are posting in this thread claiming they are "quitting WoW" and "masses will leave" if CRZ stays.

Is anyone laughing their ass off at that as much as I am? You are quitting a popular game with a whole bunch of new content on tuesday because you don't want to play with more players in an MMOrpg. Ha ha, oh man.
    According to this tweet

@Ghostcrawler Mate, don't let the "rep tabard" brigade get you down. We're better off shedding instance only players from the playerbase.
    Greg Street‏@Ghostcrawler

@Nemspy Well, we don't want to shed anyone. Concern is that instance-only is convenient short term but causes loss of interest in the long.
    http://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler Nov 15/12 12:21 PM
    according to Greg they don't want to shed any players. So the OP want to go to twitter call Greg out on this and say "come on Greg say what you really want to say - everyone against CRZ 'GET LOST' "

If Greg did this it would be for the better, why let these people continue to have hopes anyone cares about what some of this feature is doing to them. Do the right thing and just tell them to go, you'll be doing them a favor and likely Blizzard as well.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaphas View Post
    Not if it's giving you blinding headaches it isn't. But then those that are getting headaches should just go die somewhere right?
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-16 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I would agree with everything here if...... IF, there wasn't a choice about this when you start. When you roll on a pvp server you have to expect this to happen.
    Before CRZ people chose to transfer/raise their alts on faction dominated servers to mininumize the ganking.

With CRZ that no longer is an option for raising alts. You can't blame people being upset if they chose something that existed, then doesn't at a flick of a finger -- especially if they paid extra.

I went ahead and got MoP, and going to test CRZ out after 3 months of updates (30 days free, so not really resubbing). Will have an update on this matter before then.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post

Not if it's giving you blinding headaches it isn't. But then those that are getting headaches should just go die somewhere right?
    If you're getting blinding headaches, I'd think going to see a doctor is a better use of your time than complaining on a gaming forum.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before CRZ people chose to transfer/raise their alts on faction dominated servers to mininumize the ganking.
    Pvp is random. Don't matter what reason you choose to play on a pvp server. You still agreed to be ok with these types of situations. If you were not ok with this happening you had no reason to play on ANY pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Pvp is random. Don't matter what reason you choose to play on a pvp server. You still agreed to be ok with these types of situations. If you were not ok with this happening you had no reason to play on ANY pvp server.
    It was light on faction dominated realms. No point arguing otherwise. When people paid to play like that and the rug was pulled from under their feet, you bet they weren't/aren't happy.

Just another reason to tack on other reasons to dislike WoW. Enough pile on and guess what happens? They unsub.

This is why certain features r-e-a-l-l-y need to be tested on PTR and other means (e.g., in game poll), especially when changes affect how players choose (and pay) to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xrealm is amazing, zones are alive, there is wpvp occasionally, it's just that much better.

If people think that farming ore/herbs is their #1 concern, they should really question why they play warcraft.

(Back in BC on isle of quel'danas, if a Khorium node spawned, people would literally fight over it for 15 minutes)