Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not all normal modes should be ball breaking. Particularly when there are a whopping 16 bosses. We'll see when heroics open next week though, I'm betting Fear will be a tough one.

Remember back in BC when you got to ride the loot train of the first few bosses of Hyjal/BT after getting down Kael and Vashj? Think of it like that! :P
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-11-16 at 07:05 AM.

Normal modes are supposed to be easy for experienced/skilled players yes, but to kill bosses on your first attempt when you have hardly seen the mechanics that's plain disappointing.

Well under tuned.

Deleted
    Aslong as it is very difficult on heroic mode (talking first boss in hof hard > harder) I don't mind if it's faceroll on normal.

The first 3 are extremely easy but if they hadn't released Garalon normal with 6-minute berserk, Sha would definitely win the most overtuned normal mode fight in a LONG time. My raid group is like 5% away from a heroic Garajal kill, but Sha totally stopped us in our tracks. Only way to be sure we'd get the crossbow adds down in time was to burn heroism on them; otherwise it was like a 50/50 thing depending on how the dps was split.
    Now I don't actually mind a hard end-of-tier boss even on normal and I'm not calling for Sha to be nerfed (though I think he will). But to say Sha is somehow a pushover betrays a complete lack of perspective.

They are all pretty easy on normal for sure. Sha, though, is so long and boring that the boredom and focus boss is quite overtuned. Almost worse than madness was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    People are so clueless saying normal modes should be easy, that's not even the issue here. Should it be significantly easier than HoF? No. The 2 weeks of HoF gear doesn't make up for the fact that you can basically ignore half of the bosses mechanics, of which there are very few to begin with.
    At least some people are understanding the point of the thread... its not about "normals should be easy"... maybe i did the title of the thread wrong.. it was more about ToES being easier than HoF, when ToES is meant to be progressed AFTER HoF

Lei shi for example, our tank died at 40%... yet we still managed to kill the boss.... thats just pathetic lol

Again, i know its normal mode and normal modes are easy... i was just expecting something a bit more amazing for the "final 4"
    instead it feels like we got :

-An elite mode that felt normal mode
    -A 2nd boss that is pretty simple, and nicely tuned
    -a 3rd boss that is faceroll boring
    -a final boss thats just extremely boring and long, just didnt feel very epic.. compared to say ragnoros, atremedes, cho gal etc

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Now I don't actually mind a hard end-of-tier boss even on normal and I'm not calling for Sha to be nerfed (though I think he will). But to say Sha is somehow a pushover betrays a complete lack of perspective.
    Problem with Sha is not tuning - crossbow adds seem pretty nicely balanced and require good DPS, or you won't make it on time before all tanks get Cackle.

The problem is the boss itself. All his mechanics are avoidable. Breath of fear? Entirely negated - if not, you're dead. Adds? Can avoid their little bolts. And, well, that's it - 2 mechanics. Thrash is just a little bit of extra tank damage that doesn't really change much. And the fight still takes almost 15 minutes. It's especially notable in 25 if you don't get Cackle - you can spend half of the fight shooting the boss/adds, and you can't even go all out, since you need to save cooldown for platform. It's both boring and frustrating. Hell, I spend over half of the fight Smite spamming and Atonement + occasional shield was enough.

Fake edit: Wait, I forgot about some randomly targeted bolts adding tiny bit of raid damage.

It's pretty much the same with all bosses in Terrace. You saw them use 2-3 skills? (except for Tsulong, he has twice as many) Congratulations, you have seen the entire fight.

I enjoyed the fights more than some of the previous ones just becuase they are fun mechanics. I feel like terrace being easier than hof in normal mode is actually a good thing. Kind of a breath of fresh air and a good foothold before going back into heroics.

I do however think, and beleive that terrace heroics should be by far the hardest of all of the heroic bosses.

Chogal, Nef and Al'akir were way way way more difficult on normal then Will, Empress and Sha... I gauge them compared to other releases.. Right now there isn't a end boss that is even close to being the most difficult fight in the instance and that is not right... Heroic Sha better be epic because Empress looks boring as hell..

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If normal mode isn't easy to pro players, then there's something wrong with it.

Heroic mode = where it's at, but we still don't know how that'll turn out.
    No such thing as a pro player lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 3 are extremely easy but if they hadn't released Garalon normal with 6-minute berserk, Sha would definitely win the most overtuned normal mode fight in a LONG time. My raid group is like 5% away from a heroic Garajal kill, but Sha totally stopped us in our tracks. Only way to be sure we'd get the crossbow adds down in time was to burn heroism on them; otherwise it was like a 50/50 thing depending on how the dps was split.
    No offense but Sha IS a pushover. It is not hard, it is simply long. Once you've done one cycle of xbow/sha you've seen the whole fight. If your dps are struggling to kill the xbowmen before the next port they need to either sit on their 3m cds on the pull so they line up with each xbow platform or do a better job at preventing orbs from healing the add.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We thought the crossbow adds had way too much health as well, then we realized the orbs were healing them too much among other things. Once we figured all that out we easily crushed the adds 5-15 seconds before the tank on the main platform got ported. As long as you can consistently get back before the other tank gets ported you're well on your way to killing the boss (assuming you keep the adds mostly in check).

Don't let the orbs heal them and prioritize who gets the orbs when necessary. Energy/focus based classes gain A LOT from getting an orb as opposed to most other classes (aside from healers).

It's certainly possible we might've simply failed horribly at the crossbow adds somehow but to me this seems less plausible than the people posting "Sha of Fear is a pushover" having a "critical mass" of item level (or skill, certainly the top guilds have that over us). The point is the Sha of Fear is ridiculously much harder than any other normal mode and harder than most MV hc modes.

Heroic Sha will be like Heroic Ragnaros. I'm expecting 1000+ pulls before the first kill. There's even a buff, Lei's Hope, that helps speed up the first phase so guilds can get to the final phase faster, which is where all the difficulty will be.

Who cares....Spend 1h a week clearing it, and focus on heroic bosses you have left in MSV/HoF...
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Who cares....Spend 1h a week clearing it, and focus on heroic bosses you have left in MSV/HoF...
    quite obvious a lot of people care and want to discus it, but ur not 1 of them, so just leave the thread if u dont care?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    quite obvious a lot of people care and want to discus it, but ur not 1 of them, so just leave the thread if u dont care?
    Well It's just silly to complain about normal modes or rather say anything is easy in normal regardless, I'm just saying.

Deleted
    Heart of Fear Normalmodes were quite difficult because it was about controlling buggy constructs, mass-CCing adds and kiting a quite weird big bug. Technically the HoF nHCs were never difficult, it just took some time to adapt to these special mechanics.
    In terrace its all just bruteforce... dont stand in the fire and do max-DPS basically.

The point is the Sha of Fear is ridiculously much harder than any other normal mode and harder than most MV hc modes.
    2\6 MGV hm
    Laughed my ass off

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Heroic Sha will be like Heroic Ragnaros. I'm expecting 1000+ pulls before the first kill. There's even a buff, Lei's Hope, that helps speed up the first phase so guilds can get to the final phase faster, which is where all the difficulty will be.
    I actually didn't read that fully, but I think that's excellent design to be honest.

You get rewarded for completing the first 50% by making the first 50% easier each time you go back. It takes away a lot of the tedium of repeating a long tedious part of an encounter and getting you right back into where you should be.