Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My suggestion is to level in dungeons if you want to avoid PvP. Queues are still incredibly short even for dps so take advantage of that. Or reroll on a PvE server.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Damn I wish there was a way to toggle off pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I doubt they will even touch CRZ again. They implemented them to sidestep the 'Dead Realm' issue.

They sound great for a pvp realms but for a pve ones they are a total nightmare. Have you ever tried to get a pigs anus when 14 people from different realms are there doing the same quest? Its no fun i can tell you. Forget about building any gathering proffs. Some level 90 druid from another realm will be having all that.
    It shows you have no clue.

The cross SERVER open world mechanic is the Holy Grail for ever lasting populated worlds in an MMO.

I am sorry but Blizzard will use this technique in its newest MMO to the fullest.

Gone are the empty worlds with this server technique.

EVERY single server MMO died a painful death in its open world play .... 4 months after their launch.

And here you are.... Complaining an 8 year old game has ... too many players (sic) in its 8 year old level 15 zone ...

Think before posting ...

I guess most players have the brains of an ant ... Just so they can gather things ...

You people are missing the point. Everyone always seems to miss the point. The point is that people on PvP servers are now subject to increased pvp activity because of crz. It went from acceptable risk to roving rape gangs. I won't try and deny that that it happens with home server groups, too, but it has got a thousand times worse with crz.

Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    You people are missing the point. Everyone always seems to miss the point. The point is that people on PvP servers are now subject to increased pvp activity because of crz. It went from acceptable risk to roving rape gangs. I won't try and deny that that it happens with home server groups, too, but it has got a thousand times worse with crz.
    You're missing the point. PvP happening on a PvP server is what should have been happening all along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

You rolled on a pvp server.
    The fact you think a level 90 rogue ganking a level 77 is pvp says it all...

Fair enough ganking a low level once maybe even twice or something but spawn camping someone that can't fight back and gives absolutely no honor is just plain retarded. My only advice to the OP is join a guild and get them to help any time someone gets spawn camped by a higher level in our guild we get a big group together and make sure they know to piss right off XD. It's funny how much some of them complain when the boot is on the other foot

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:36 AM ----------

@BenBos while I agree it's brought much needed life to servers and some great and fun world pvp. I think that's completely different from a level 77 being camped for 2 hours by a level 90 rogue. I agree about the questing though complaining about that is stupid.

When I returned from a break 5 years ago my friends had decided that a pvp server was a good idea, I could either play with my friends or quit, playing alone on a pvp server was never an option. My friends are the reason I started playing and the reason I kept playing. Over the years I leveled a lot of characters, started a second account and leveled more, paying over 200 euros in realm transfers is not an option, neither is leaving my friends, guild and much beloved warlocks name behind (it's taken on every server). So when people say I chose a pvp server and should just live with it, I say bullshit. I didn't choose a pvp server at all, my friends made that decision and now CRZ is making me suffer for it. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    The fact you think a level 90 rogue ganking a level 77 is pvp says it all...
    Are they both players? If so that seems to be Player versus Player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Bull shit.

No one reported this
    I sure did! Because that is exactly what happened. You'll see the disconnected from Battle.net warning in the chat screen just before the client gets a Not Responding error message. To get out of is via killing the WoW client via Task manager.

It was a total mess, so I quit. No point is spending $45/mon for hard lock ups.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    You can get camped either way. Let's say that CRZ's were never in place. But all of the sudden, all of the servers became highly populated. Would you still say that "I rolled a pvp server not knowing that a bunch of people were going to be coming back/starting to play wow"?. Camping is not new to CRZ's. While leveling in MoP on release, I got camped relentlessly for the first week. And this was no CRZ. More people in the world=more of a chance of stuff like this happening. CRZ's aren't "retarded" for putting more people into the world.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Camping is not new to CRZ's.
    Back then it was only from your own realm. On faction dominated servers it was more than rare.

Now? Can have 5+ realms camping now.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I sure did! Because that is exactly what happened. You'll see the disconnected from Battle.net warning in the chat screen just before the client gets a Not Responding error message. To get out of is via killing the WoW client via Task manager.

It was a total mess, so I quit. No point is spending $45/mon for hard lock ups.
    So, you pay three times as much as everyone else does per month eh? That's interesting. I don't think I'd pay $45 a month to play.

I also feel obligated to address your signature. Half of the population are unskilled whiners, I didn't need anyone to convince me of that. Your posts were probably deleted for breaking forum rules.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You can get camped either way. Let's say that CRZ's were never in place. But all of the sudden, all of the servers became highly populated. Would you still say that "I rolled a pvp server not knowing that a bunch of people were going to be coming back/starting to play wow"?. Camping is not new to CRZ's. While leveling in MoP on release, I got camped relentlessly for the first week. And this was no CRZ. More people in the world=more of a chance of stuff like this happening. CRZ's aren't "retarded" for putting more people into the world.
    When I'm questing it seems to always fill the world with a million from the other faction. I don't see my same faction at all anymore. Not sure what others are finding but maybe they should have a ratio set so it isn't one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Katfish View Post
    When I'm questing it seems to always fill the world with a million from the other faction. I don't see my same faction at all anymore. Not sure what others are finding but maybe they should have a ratio set so it isn't one sided.
    The ratio is pretty much 50% for both factions, so nothing to see here.

No ... what you see is the fact that WoW is played by multi millions of people per region and after 7 years (since the 6 first months of Vanilla WoW) ...the complete world is filled with people whatever the zone.

It is called a Multi Mass On line gaming world.

For the first time in MMO's history these worlds are filled as should be (by a potential of 100.000's of players per region per world instead of just a few dozen on dying single servers).

----
    Expect this mechanic along with region wide Guilds, region wide AH, region wide world bosses and adventures in all upcoming MMO games from Blizzard.

As a matter of fact, with cross server open worlds and real landscapes and ... Phasing, you wouldn't even need instances any longer in a complete new MMO design.

The world should be filled. Just not with bands of 90s camping.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It shows you have no clue.

The cross SERVER open world mechanic is the Holy Grail for ever lasting populated worlds in an MMO.

I am sorry but Blizzard will use this technique in its newest MMO to the fullest.

Gone are the empty worlds with this server technique.

EVERY single server MMO died a painful death in its open world play .... 4 months after their launch.

And here you are.... Complaining an 8 year old game has ... too many players (sic) in its 8 year old level 15 zone ...

Think before posting ...

I guess most players have the brains of an ant ... Just so they can gather things ...
    Ahaha rofl. Its BenBos again, I knew you would crawl out when someone mentions CRZ. Seriously, are you a spokesman for some company that invented CRZ and now wants to sell this *** on the mass market? Or what? "Holy Grail" LMAO, give me a break.

Stay on topic and refrain from going after people personally. -- ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-17 at 08:10 AM.

Most of the people in here:
    > Plays on a low ranked PVE server
    > "Deal with it, its PVP"
    > Doesn't even have Just the two of us: 1550

Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    Most of the people in here:
    > Plays on a low ranked PVE server
    > "Deal with it, its PVP"
    > Doesn't even have Just the two of us: 1550
    Hmm. People who don't enjoy being ganked rolling on a PvE server. Sounds like they made the right choice.

People who roll on PvP servers and then whine about being ganked. Well, those people have been around since vanilla and can't seem to learn.

edit: How many of these CRZ sucks threads are started by players on PvP servers complaining about being ganked? I'd say the vast majority of them.

So you are saying it is acceptable to be camped by multiple 90+ toons in a low level zone for hours?

There's a limit to being griefed.

You're saying shit like this, where a group of 4 alliance fucktards were camping the spirit rez/body rez areas, is acceptable?

I don't know about you, but I don't consider it skillful when a person with 300k more hp than me can one shot me over and over. Ganking is fine if you do it a couple times. When you think you're a hardass or e-thug after camping 50 lowbies for hours, then you are just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this why the only low pop servers WoW has are PvP servers. Because people don't wanna pvp on them, instead just wanna think there badass or a hardcore player.

"Necro this isn't towards you, your situtation isn't right and you shouldn't be camped like that."

I'm just saying this to the general crowd who complain about getting ganked on PvP server in general.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.