Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Up comming hunter nerf

How much is it gonna nerf us? Is BM still gonna be viable? (pvp-wise) Is kfc still gonna be the prefered comp?

Deleted
    Just go mm silly.

Is MM gonna be viable?

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Is MM gonna be viable?
    Probably not with the small changes that have been made to the spec... It will play the same as it has pre-nerf. So I'd say no. BM is just getting a nerf for pvp, in pve we are getting a huge buff.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Probably not with the small changes that have been made to the spec... It will play the same as it has pre-nerf. So I'd say no. BM is just getting a nerf for pvp, in pve we are getting a huge buff.
    Wasn't the latest LR nerf supposed to bring down LR again for BM?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Wasn't the latest LR nerf supposed to bring down LR again for BM?
    Yes, but it was and still probably is stronger than where it was before, if not the same. Anyway AMoC is better than the current lynx rush in terms of damage so I might use that on more fights than the changed lynx rush.

A buff for BM how exactly?? "Lynx Rush damage reduced by 29%." Lynx Rush is now a Bleed so we can no longer get a 100% effective Readiness use out of it since we will have to wait for the bleed right before it almost falls off to use it again, wasting the previous back to back 1.5 min cooldowns we had before. If anything Bm is getting nerfed, surv isnt changing, and MM is going to still not be viable for most fights for the current tier.

Deleted
    What is this constant obsession with MM? Why do everyone want it? It's been one of the top Speccs for so long, and personally, I hate MM and SV and I really want to play BM. And finally BM is good and no one wants it? So.. yeah.. why so obsessed with MM? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    A buff for BM how exactly?? "Lynx Rush damage reduced by 29%." Lynx Rush is now a Bleed so we can no longer get a 100% effective Readiness use out of it since we will have to wait for the bleed to right before it almost falls off to use it again. If anything Bm is getting nerfed, surv isnt changing, and MM is going to still not be viable for most fights for the current tier.
    Oh you... The new lynx rush puts out more damage than the old one. The tooltip on the PTR isn't like the one on mmo champion. So our damage got slightly buffed. I also don't think you are taking into account how aspect of the fox is being removed and we will have no repercussions for movement. All our abilities can be casted on the move (without switching aspects and losing AP) come 5.1. That is a pretty good buff. For example, on imperial vizier zor'lok you need to go into fox and dance his rings. With the change you won't have to. On the sha of fear, you need to go into fox a lot cause of the stuff on the ground from the adds and the sha. So that is a pretty huge buff. I can't check the logs for aspect uptime on the sha because that fight is buggy like gara'jal. On my imperial vizier zor'lok parse (I ranked #6 at the time) my aspect of the fox uptime was at 11.8% of the fight. That is a lot of wasted AP in general and from procs, with the buff I won't lose the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Is MM gonna be viable?
    Probably the most viable of the specs. Honestly hunters will never not be viable anymore with the ridiculous amount tools they have now. They never needed the insane BM burst with how much control and utility they bring to a team. Im not sure about MM's damage but it doesn't seem too bad from the few I have played against (before the changed), plus they bring a cc pet most of the time for 20+ second solo cc chains, always fun.

PvP point of view:

Even with the upcoming changes, i think BM will still be the "right" choice for arenas, thou Survi may be fitting for RBGs. I guess the solution to pet CCs during BW is to put the mend pet with dispel glyph and hope for it to proc.

Right now i dont see MM and Survi viable for Arenas, dont think they have the enough presure or tools for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Narakamos View Post
    PvP point of view:

Even with the upcoming changes, i think BM will still be the "right" choice for arenas, thou Survi may be fitting for RBGs. I guess the solution to pet CCs during BW is to put the mend pet with dispel glyph and hope for it to proc.

Right now i dont see MM and Survi viable for Arenas, dont think they have the enough presure or tools for the job.
    Surv will not be viable until they give dispel protection to our burst trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    What is this constant obsession with MM? Why do everyone want it? It's been one of the top Speccs for so long, and personally, I hate MM and SV and I really want to play BM. And finally BM is good and no one wants it? So.. yeah.. why so obsessed with MM? O_o
    You answered your own question. It's been the top spec for a long time. It's been universally played in the vast majority of PvP for a long long time, with no other spec having significant success in high-rated PvP, excluding BM in Wrath if they were running beast-cleave comp with an enhancement shaman.

A lot of hunters just haven't been able to take Beast Mastery seriously since forever. It has been nerfed into oblivion so many times, only to crawl back to the top with over-buffs during the next expansion, and then it is nerfed again. It happened in Wrath of the Lich King and it was pretty much never played again by anyone but die-hards and beast-cleavers in arena. They tried fixing BM again in Cataclysm, but it was nerfed hard, before the beta was even finished.

MM has always been consistent. Up until Mists, it's been the only spec with Silencing Shot and Readiness, which made it the best and most fun spec for PvP (especially rated PvP.) It's burst has always been the best as well. Of course, that all changed in Mists when all of MM's utility was moved into the talent trees, and it lost all unique use and flavor. All the spec has to offer is 3 abilities, one of which is a focus-generator, one of which has a long cast time and one of which is just boring as fuck now (Chimera Shot.)

So it's not surprising to see people calling for MM buffs, especially when it is not only lacking in utility and damage in PvP, but it is non-existent on the damage meters. MM always gets a bad deal at the beginning of an expansion. It was god awful for the first 2-3 months of Cataclysm and no one played it before it was fixed. It always takes some buffs to get it where it needs to be. And they still haven't given any good ones in 5.1 that will give it its burst back, or its utility. It literally needs 1-2 more unique MM-only abilities/utilities to be equal to the other two specs who have Intimidation stun, Entrapment and other stuff.

Not to mention, BM is so many fucking buttons, so much min-maxing and so much micro-managing of cooldowns. It's just not fun to play unless you are a robot. BM's always been a joke spec because they can't design it properly. All of its damage is funneled into cooldowns and then it has nothing left. It's impossible to balance without large re-designing.

Don't forget the changes to Rapid Fire and Blood Lust type abilities are being changed to be haste %, so now it will transfer to pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    You answered your own question. It's been the top spec for a long time. It's been universally played in the vast majority of PvP for a long long time, with no other spec having significant success in high-rated PvP, excluding BM in Wrath if they were running beast-cleave comp with an enhancement shaman.

A lot of hunters just haven't been able to take Beast Mastery seriously since forever. It has been nerfed into oblivion so many times, only to crawl back to the top with over-buffs during the next expansion, and then it is nerfed again. It happened in Wrath of the Lich King and it was pretty much never played again by anyone but die-hards and beast-cleavers in arena. They tried fixing BM again in Cataclysm, but it was nerfed hard, before the beta was even finished.

MM has always been consistent. Up until Mists, it's been the only spec with Silencing Shot and Readiness, which made it the best and most fun spec for PvP (especially rated PvP.) It's burst has always been the best as well. Of course, that all changed in Mists when all of MM's utility was moved into the talent trees, and it lost all unique use and flavor. All the spec has to offer is 3 abilities, one of which is a focus-generator, one of which has a long cast time and one of which is just boring as fuck now (Chimera Shot.)

So it's not surprising to see people calling for MM buffs, especially when it is not only lacking in utility and damage in PvP, but it is non-existent on the damage meters. MM always gets a bad deal at the beginning of an expansion. It was god awful for the first 2-3 months of Cataclysm and no one played it before it was fixed. It always takes some buffs to get it where it needs to be. And they still haven't given any good ones in 5.1 that will give it its burst back, or its utility. It literally needs 1-2 more unique MM-only abilities/utilities to be equal to the other two specs who have Intimidation stun, Entrapment and other stuff.

Not to mention, BM is so many fucking buttons, so much min-maxing and so much micro-managing of cooldowns. It's just not fun to play unless you are a robot. BM's always been a joke spec because they can't design it properly. All of its damage is funneled into cooldowns and then it has nothing left. It's impossible to balance without large re-designing.
    I think a large number of people who like MM/SV and don't like playing BM because of the over reliance on the pet. We want to be the one doing the damage not the AI.

Other things to note:
    BM was superior during a lot of BC but was nerfed into the ground in 3.0.8 in Wrath (along with nerfs to other specs) - some BM players like it because they first played in BC when BM was popular just like Wrath/Cata will probably like MM for the same reason.
    MM didnt have readiness during Wrath until it was moved into the MM talent tree with the pre-Cata patch it was like 20 points into the SV tree before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    Don't forget the changes to Rapid Fire and Blood Lust type abilities are being changed to be haste %, so now it will transfer to pets.
    No. Misinformation. Rapid fire's tooltip is being changed from ranged attack speed to ranged haste. Ranged attack speed is ranged haste. It is just a tooltip correction. Bloodlust/Heroism has always given 30% haste so in that regard it is just a tooltip correction.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-17 at 08:30 PM.

wtb buff to chimera and aimed shot damage

Oh you... The new lynx rush puts out more damage than the old one.
    Wait what? Didn't they double nerf it?

And why does no-one ever talk about the Rabid nerf?? It's absolutely huge, given that it no longer syncs with any of your abilities, which is the cornerstone of BM.

Don't see hunters being fun or viable at all for a while. Last expansion we were the counter to mage teams and a skilled hunter could kite melee cleaves really well with conc gylph and entrapment, now our pets will either be permanently peeled as BM or we will die in a random deep freeze because we have no defensive utility as MM. Not looking good at the moment. Also, goodluck effectively kiting a warrior or feral druid, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Wait what? Didn't they double nerf it?

And why does no-one ever talk about the Rabid nerf?? It's absolutely huge, given that it no longer syncs with any of your abilities, which is the cornerstone of BM.
    They double nerfed the bleed damage, yes, but the bleed was too strong initially and still is even with the two nerfs.