Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People had established that Cataclysm was turning out shitty with the advent of redone Troll zones in 4.1. While 4.2 was great for both FL and the dailies, 4.3 was hands down one of the worst all around experiences in this game for most people in all aspects of the game.
    4.3 made ToC look like Ulduar. It was really that shitty. I came back towards the end of cataclysm to level up a few characters out of boredom, and it was too a huge shit fest.

I wanted to see if MoP would make me feel the game was getting better, and it was and still is a huge shitfest. Buying heroic items off of an auction house, repetitive shitty daily quests, raid finder still being a joke, the lack of people raiding is just terrible, which should be proof as to how raiding in this game or in MMO's is becoming irrelevant. I remember being able to hop on at nearly anytime in Wrath and being able to pug near anything, and it wasn't for 10 mans it was for 25's, now it feels like you can't even get into an actual raiding group that's decent as most guilds already have a tight knit group. I really hoped I could get back into the game. The only fun part too me was making gold, once things slowed down to a hault with the dramatic drop in prices of everything it turned into an even more bore.

I feel really bad for the people stuck in the monotonous grind of dailies and an over shit game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No.
    When you are on a forum, complaining about a game, than you're not 'done with that game'.
    I use this site now to view most of the other forums. This site isn't completely dedicated to "WoW" players. If you scroll down a bit there are several other games, which might I add are better than WoW being discussed as well. I saw this thread and just had too put in my two cents.

I don't get why T12 and T13 had so few bosses. Cata would have been so much better if both T12 and T13 had 10+ bosses too, like Ulduar and ICC. I really hope Blizzard learned from their mistake and they'll give T15 and T16 at least 12 bosses, like they did with T14.

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    4.3 made ToC look like Ulduar. It was really that shitty. I came back towards the end of cataclysm to level up a few characters out of boredom, and it was too a huge shit fest.

I wanted to see if MoP would make me feel the game was getting better, and it was and still is a huge shitfest. Buying heroic items off of an auction house, repetitive shitty daily quests, raid finder still being a joke, the lack of people raiding is just terrible, which should be proof as to how raiding in this game or in MMO's is becoming irrelevant. I remember being able to hop on at nearly anytime in Wrath and being able to pug near anything, and it wasn't for 10 mans it was for 25's, now it feels like you can't even get into an actual raiding group that's decent as most guilds already have a tight knit group. I really hoped I could get back into the game. The only fun part too me was making gold, once things slowed down to a hault with the dramatic drop in prices of everything it turned into an even more bore.

I feel really bad for the people stuck in the monotonous grind of dailies and an over shit game.

I use this site now to view most of the other forums. This site isn't completely dedicated to "WoW" players. If you scroll down a bit there are several other games, which might I add are better than WoW being discussed as well. I saw this thread and just had too put in my two cents.
    You could pug raid in WotLK because normal mode was easy as fuck. I don't want that sorry. MoP first tier is better than WotLK all tier combined with an exception of Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it's the only one I fully cleared (because LFR DS doesn't count), yes. Firelands killed my guild.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

After tier 11 cataclysm went down the tubes, which is why I quit. MoP has been a huge shitfest which is why I quit in at the end of october.

Glad i'm done with that game.
    If you quit smoking every week you never really quit

Deleted
    Tier 11 has been the best opening tier so far in my opinion. The normal modes were however quite hard, and because LFR didn't exist, relatively few players were able to get into the raids, because pugs were far less common than for example during Wotlk Naxx.
    But I really enjoyed progressing through heroic modes back then. There weren't any cockblocks during progression because of the high amount of different bosses you could chose inbetween (whereas now the bosses are tuned differently), and each boss was very well designed. Only Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Chimaeron and maybe Atramedes (only on 10man though) were made of Morchok quality.
    Oh yeah. And very few nerfs/changes to the bosses. Everyone could progress in their own speed.

Heroic dungeons were just like normal modes very hard, and the quality of the casual experience outside of raiding was indeed very low, hence a lot of subs lost during tier 11's lifetimes.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-17 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People's perceptions of cataclysm are interesting. It was not until about 4.3 that people started saying "Oh this thing sucks," and then started "remembering" about how much they supposedly hated the rest of the expansion, and then eventually started to pretend that they had hated Cataclysm the entire time. Things people did way back at the beginning, and didn't care too much one way or the other, suddenly became "the tragic failures of Cataclysm." It's really kind of cute. This extends to every part... leveling, raids, you name it. Hell, people even started to complain about how Cataclysm content "reused skins" too much (when they really meant skeletons, which blizzard has been doing forever) because they were so bored at the end of 4.3.

Cataclysm out of the box was fine. I felt leveling was done fine... all the complaints that arose about it, at the end of the expansion after everyone had by and far finished leveling for the better part of the year, seemed to revolve around it being too "disjointed" story-wise and yet somehow too linear. The linear-ness has merit to it (likely an issue that arose for people leveling alts) but I feel the stories in each zone were told with... competency (especially if you compare it to burning crusade... "stories?") I thought Hyjal and twilight highlands were bland and boring, but Vash'jir and Uldum were great zones.

I really enjoyed the so called "difficult" heroics. I don't recall ever really having issues with any of them... ask if anyone needs an explanation for a fight, stop, explain it, pewpewpew, move on. Moreover, the dungeons were really cool too... Lost City of the Tol'Vir and Halls of Origination are two of my favorite dungeons. I also liked how ALL of the boss fights, from all the dungeons, had fun little quirks to them (that you actually had to observe.) A shame that there was a community outcry to "dumb them down" into triviality.

As for the raiding... I thought the first tier and Firelands were quite well done.... Unfortunate that they fumbled it so badly on dragon soul. While Bastion of Twilight was a little... trite... (pointless corridors leading to boss, followed by more pointless corridors) Blackwing Descent was a really nice raid overall. (Though I feel It should have been more expansive layout-wise, and with more trash too.) Throne of the Four Winds was a nice, simple raid. All of the bosses from the raids had a nice unique aspect to them. Despite the raid's various shortcomings, they all had interesting boss fights.

I really enjoyed Firelands too. Again, all interesting boss fights (baleroc was a little bleh from a DPS standpoint though,) with a nice overall theme. You can tell Blizzard put a lot of work into making it... among other things, it and ZA are the only content patch raids in the game to use different newly introduced models for each boss.

As for Dragon soul... ehh. I've always displayed my distaste for this raid. The setting in Dragonblight, while sensible, is no less boring. While the bosses aren't bad in it of themselves, their complete pencil-lore status and relative simplicity (compared to earlier Cata raid bosses) drags the raid down. Most of all, I dislike it because I feel they thoroughly squandered Deathwing as an epic fight, and as a villain overall.

I do not believe the relative failure, however, of Dragon Soul serves to really "pollute" the actual good parts of Cataclsym.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you generalization is never good I never liked Cata from the start for so many reasons not saying it's totally horrible expansion but it's the worst of them all in my personal opinion and I had this opinion even before 4.3 came to live. I hated lvling of it because it was way way too fast with having flying mount before getting to max lvl + mass summon made it like the world is just so small it was a major mistake in my opinion which is why they corrected it in MoP. However, the postive features that Cata brought some of the most awesome features like Reforging + Transmog and Void storage such amazing features and FL raid was awesome best in the expansion in my opinion but still the overall expansion for me is the worst of them all compare to the others. This is just my personal opinion though nothing special.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-17 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    I loved T11, loved the variety of settings and fights. Absolutely hated Firelands, unchanging orange and brown environment and moronic fights, utterly loathed everything about the place. I hate it more than ToC even, more than I hated Mount Hyjal at the time. FL is my #1 worst raid in the entire game. DS was pretty pitiful too but at least it didn't actually hurt my eyes the whole time, it was just uninspiring and really disappointing as an entire raid tier and the conclusion of an entire expansion.

Wrath is still my favourite. As unlike the entire rest of mmo-champion apparently I didn't raid Naxx in vanilla, I loved being able to do it in Wrath, and though it was very badly undertuned, it was an amazing environment with some wonderful fight concepts. Ulduar and ICC were absolutely wonderful.

Deleted
    T11 one of the best tiers raid and dungeon wise. Good difficulty variation and themes.

Deleted

Good for you, now let real discussion take place. also you still have a WoW signature, might want to edit that out if well, your done with this game

10+ Year Old Account
    T11 was alright but T7 (probably biased since it was my first proper raiding tier) or T10 are definitely my favourites, Wrath was my favourite all round.. I was on everyday for hours and hours, now just logging on feels like a chore/effort. Hopefully it will change when my mate buys the game though.

Cataclysm overall was disappointing, I did quite like the raids (T8 was cool, DS was alright until it was cleared, then it was lame) but there was nothing to do outside of them which made it bad for me. I always loved to PvP when not raiding and with some spare time, but this was near impossible in Cata because it was so damn unbalanced and the fact that I played a Warrior made me pretty much useless and was very frustrating.

Deleted
    T11 was great many raiders will agree about that, the rest of cata was a let down.

the beginning of MoP is great also, im just afraid they will screw it up agian like they did in cata.
    fingers crossed they took our complains about it with them, so we dont get declining raiding tiers agian.

I was very positively surprised by T11 myself. I was planning on quitting with the Cataclysm launch but the content managed to convince me otherwise.

T12 and T13 have a hard time comparing since single/few bosses can't exactly save entire tiers.

T11 was a tremendous business failure that started Cataclysm careening downward. Everything that has followed has been desperate attempts to reverse the damage.

So: T11 was the best raiding tier -- if you're a Blizzard competitor. T11 ensured Trion would have a good ROI on Rift, for example.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Tier 11 was excellent. You had three very cohesive raids with interesting lore figures as bosses, and many options for progression routes through the tier. Tier 12 was quite enjoyable as well. Certainly shorter than the previous tier, but the encounters were memorable and the theme was reminiscent of Vanilla's Molten Core. The Dragon Soul (tier 13) is where things went bad. Poorly tuned difficulty, an iconic end boss that amounted to nothing more than two glorified trash clears, and the introduction of a third difficulty mode (LFR) are what ruined it for me.

MoP Tier 14 is feeling pretty forgettable so far. Granted, I've not done any normal modes, but the LFR versions have shown me that the whole tier consists of fighting enemies that I don't care about in zones with themes that I don't like. The one thing I do like about this tier is the pacing. I feel that was a smart design decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the T11 raids (lets just forget about Al'akir) and Firelands, although I'd have preferred if Firelands had had, say, 12 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You could pug raid in WotLK because normal mode was easy as fuck. I don't want that sorry. MoP first tier is better than WotLK all tier combined with an exception of Ulduar.
    And? How many pugs were getting past saurfang? Maybe festergut/rotface if you were lucky, but at least it was puggable.

People say casuals are taking over this game, and I ask, how? Where are they? They must have all left after Wrath. There is literally NOBODY playing anymore. People can say whatever they want, but no matter what part of the expansion you could pug anything, why? Because there was more people. Now there is NOBODY playing which means there are no pugs that you can pick up and recruit for a guild. Why do you think all the big name guilds are going 10 man? Aside from a select few gulids, people too find for raiding at a decent level is pretty much obsolete.

If you find a lack of raiders, shitty daily quests, boring LFR, boring game play, grindy leveling. Fine enjoy yourself. And for those mentioning my sig, I bet you didn't realize how old the sig is, you know level 80 sig, if that doesn't tell you how much I care about my signature, I don't know what would.

It's impossible to penetrate a wow fanboi's head. I've been in your guys shoes. Now if you can manage to get out of the rat race and hamster wheel that is wow you might actually enjoy your gaming experience.

Haha, people are jumping on the "Cata was so much better bandwagon" already? Wow that was fast, normally you need to wait till the first big patch to hit. I don't know but PvE wise MoP is damn good, except for the dailies but thank god I am already exalted with everything.

With the exception of Throne of the Four Winds, I loved T11. BWD and BoT were some really good raids, and the former was a real challenge for my guild since we run exclusively 10-mans. As far as heroic 5-mans go, the original T11 roster actually felt like heroics since they were, you know, difficult.

Deleted
    i enjoyed tier 1 cata, thats not nostalgia, i even said so at the time, firelands and dragonsoul were disgraceful though