A caustic SK who knows how to time creep deaths can beat almost anyone in lane. If he knows what he's doing your only choice is to back off when creeps get to half health, because once he tags them all one burrow strike and you just ate a 600 damage nuke at level 5. Sandstorm is just a bonus that makes it impossible for her to get kills on him or even abuse him with the refraction spam she usually does to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    A caustic SK who knows how to time creep deaths can beat almost anyone in lane. If he knows what he's doing your only choice is to back off when creeps get to half health, because once he tags them all one burrow strike and you just ate a 600 damage nuke at level 5. Sandstorm is just a bonus that makes it impossible for her to get kills on him or even abuse him with the refraction spam she usually does to people.
    And TA doesn't have the range to poke SK while safely out of caustic range...

What about a hero with a long range, like Drow or Sniper? Wouldn't they be able to just plink SK while he's trying to set up a chain and be able to be safely out of range before he sets it off?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Sure, he's not unbeatable mid, if that's what we're talking about. When I said "in lane" I meant more "he's strong anywhere he goes." He is aided by his innate power early game in going mid against heroes without range.

Cant see this happening. storm has 40s CD at level one and pitiful aoe range. caustic is nice and all but how does he get rid of the defensive refraction charges on TA in the first place as melee? The only scenario i can see is SK getting raped big time with psi blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Cant see this happening. storm has 40s CD at level one and pitiful aoe range. caustic is nice and all but how does he get rid of the defensive refraction charges on TA in the first place as melee? The only scenario i can see is SK getting raped big time with psi blades.
    Only scenario I see is pick Batrider. Doesn't matter where or when, just pick Batrider.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Psi blades are easy to avoid, refraction doesn't start out with 15 charges per use. TA takes levels to be a hero just like sand king.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Only scenario I see is pick Batrider. Doesn't matter where or when, just pick Batrider.
    That's a bit of a no-brainer, even in 6.75 Bat was a top tier solo mid hero, along with Silencer and OD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    That's a bit of a no-brainer, even in 6.75 Bat was a top tier solo mid hero, along with Silencer and OD.
    Do you mean 6.74? 6.75 was when he got buffed to hell and back, 6.76 just nerfed his crazy STR gain.

What makes you say Silencer and OD are top tier mids now? Silencer doesn't have much besides orbwalking if you do the normal glaive/stats build (and bottle counters most of the effectiveness of Curse.) OD can be a pain in the ass with imprisonment spam, but I don't think that'd be enough to win on CS with him... Invoker could just use Exort to make up for lost damage and QoP would probably win CS by pressuring OD out of attack range since his attack range sucks.

Seems like QoP would still be the best overall mid... great at ganking, blink gives her easy rune control, lane control with scream, and free harassment by flipping daggers at people.

He can prison when you go to last hit and he doesn't even have to deny to stop you from CSing. AP gives him int which gives him damage which makes him hard to stop from CSing in the meantime. OD is a "safe" choice because against nearly any hero he can at least farm some and deny some if he prisons properly. I'm not sure why he likes Silencer myself, last word + curse combo is really BS against some heroes, though.

Personally, I consider weaver a far stronger mid than QoP, I'm just waiting for people to use him again. Shukuchi + geminate proc spam can wreck squishy heroes like QoP and you just can't beat his 522 movespeed to the runes. His ganks are also a lot harder to deal with, imo. QoP's AoE can be right nasty if you don't see it coming, but if you survive her initial burst she's done if you just jump on her. She really is so easy to kill it's hilarious how much people try to run away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Do you mean 6.74? 6.75 was when he got buffed to hell and back, 6.76 just nerfed his crazy STR gain.

What makes you say Silencer and OD are top tier mids now?
    Might have messed up the map versions, but those 3 have always been top mids, and if anything the recent versions made them even better. Could maybe add Clinkz to the list. And a QoP gets slaughtered by all of them. Obviously they're easily ganked, but we're just talking about utopian 1v1 situations anyway.

Another good TA counter is Axe, which was used by iG or DK? not too long ago.

I laugh at blink TAs. Much like blink SFs. Blink is used for positioning, not engaging. If you can't use blink to aim a meld that hits 4 people on their team, do not buy it. If you can't use blink to aim shadowrazes to kill 4 people, do not buy it.

You can try to reason through how the pro players build a hero and try to mimic it, but in cases like this, you really, really should not. The reason they buy blink is because they are a hell of a lot better than you. This is directed at everybody, don't get blink on TA. 2150g for zero stats for an item that won't do you much good, an early desolator would help you a lot more in most non-pro games. Or go for manta, the item that used to be core for TA in DotA1.

Or just don't pick TA at all, raging joke of a hero and massively countered by several heroes in the game, even if you don't see them much. Lucifer comes to mind, between the fast radiance he can farm and SE he can destroy a refraction stack in half a second, and if you're actually a great player he can just doom you and you're still dead, skill or not. The only reason anyone plays this garbage hero is because she's hard to beat mid, but that will change, too. One of many heroes who were not ever picked in DotA1, expect to see her disappear as the rest of the heroes are added, I think.
    You posts are getting more and more joke. You used to make sense but now all trying to be marginal or repeating the same drill of everyone here except you mimicing the professional scene. There may be several counters of TA in the game but that doesn't change the fact she is a strong mid-game hero with high burst capacity. You don't need to land perfect meld to use TA effectively. There is no such rule. It would be good if you could but it's not like you will lose the game just because you couldn't land a ULTRA FUCKING IMBA MELD THAT HITS 5 HEROES AT THE SAME TIME. Inf act, I rarely see perfect melds in both pubs and professional scene, well, because it's easy to position yourself in such way that meld can not reach more than 2 people(at best). Sometimes you just use your meld to burst a key hero of enemy team, that's all. You are assuming pro scene is too perfect or just watching the games with your ass.

CK with sandstorm + CF will push the lane. You can use your refraction to avoid CF explosions. With the help of mid being pushed to your side, you can get as much CS as CK and I don't see any stomps in CK vs TA. Also I would go kind of aggressive with TA against CK(after few levels in refraction) because its only way to win such lane and there is always gank option to rebalance a lost lane(I hope you are not going to tell me mid gank does not happen in pro scene). I also do think it depends on individual skill but a good SK winning almost any hero in mid(assuming you meant mid), right...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Isn't the reason for TA's popularity kind of that she handles a lot better in Dota 2? Like I recall Meld and Psi Blades being seriously clunky in DotA in contrast to how they work in Dota 2. In Dota 2 she's quite fun to play, but in DotA she was a tiny bit frustrating.
    This is totally right. I also noticed and mentioned that TA in DotA 2 is way way way easier to control and its totally fluid.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-17 at 12:22 PM.

Psi blades are easy to avoid, refraction doesn't start out with 15 charges per use. TA takes levels to be a hero just like sand king.
    Storm is way easier to avoid and refraction has 3 charges with 17s CD and duration, waves have 4 creeps with 30s intervals, the math is easy on this one. If you cant handle this, then maybe you are not as good as you think you are.

Storm is way easier to avoid and refraction has 3 charges with 17s CD and duration, waves have 4 creeps with 30s intervals, the math is easy on this one. If you cant handle this, then maybe you are not as good as you think you are.
    I watched few of his games and witnessed a fail TP to mid and bunch of other mistakes. I'm not trying to be jerk here, it's easier to catch mistakes while watchin but he's claiminig the most experienced and skilled dota player in Universe but that fail was not a kind of fail where extremely skilled and experienced player would do. He also claims he's playing with pros on a daily basis yet there was no sign of pro players on his match history. I only did this because he was making sense way back but now all bullshit. He's just another interweb user with over 9K ego.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-17 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Take your rage elsewhere if that's all you're good for. You didn't put forth the slighest bit of effort to research me when you added me on steam and contacted me. I told you via PM and I told you via steam that if you wanted to see real games in my history YOU were going to have to find them as I have nothing to prove to some rando who is far below me. My history is full of team queues with new players, I would wager that I have more games played below my actual MMR than I do "fair" games. I don't need to teach every kid on the internet how to breathe, I'm more than willing to entertain myself with discussion but when it comes to actually playing DotA I end the hobby at just that - playing DotA. If I cared about proving myself I would join a pro team, though you'd probably still find a way to call me bad.

As to the discussion at hand, I haven't played a TA I couldn't stomp flat by mid game. She's only scary for people who refuse to buy dust, otherwise, outside of one blink meld hit she doesn't actually do much damage because, surprise, she has no items since she blew all her gold on that positional. It's your fault if you consistently run around with 600 health, but hey, most people preserve the status quo and weak supports are huge right now.

Also, sand storm easier to avoid than psi blades when it has the same range but is a permanent AoE that doesn't need to be aimed? I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-17 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    I watched few of his games and witnessed a fail TP to mid and bunch of other mistakes. I'm not trying to be jerk here, it's easier to catch mistakes while watchin but he's claiminig the most experienced and skilled dota player in Universe but that fail was not a kind of fail where extremely skilled and experienced player would do. He also claims he's playing with pros on a daily basis yet there was no sign of pro players on his match history. I only did this because he was making sense way back but now all bullshit. He's just another interweb user with over 9K ego.
    >Last 60 games in match history are all queueing with friends.

Stay small, my friend.

@Lysah

Zero rage here. I just wrote what I think about you.

I'm sorry that I'm so important to you.

I'm sorry that I'm so important to you.
    Same here since that post pissed you off hard.

Same here since that post pissed you off hard.
    In all your time spent stalking me you seem to have missed the part where this is how I post regardless of what mood I'm in.

I am astonished by pub's inability to counter Invis heroes to begin with.