Which Warlock Spec to play in arena after 5.1?

Hey guys

As the topic says which spec are you guys going to play in arena after 5.1?

i'm slightly consfused by all theses nerfs, and not nerfing on our classs,

Destro seems to lose some burst, '

Demo seems to be fucked in an alot of ways which does not make it viable? Or am i'm totaly wrong?

i don't play affliction myself i find it very boring to run around and dot everything.

im just thinking if blizzard are intending to remove warlocks from arena?

Feel the same way. They are nerfing Destro Chaos Bolt and the Demo Auras. Chaos bolt nerf isn't huge, but the spec is so easy to counter and so little warlocks are playing it at high ratings it makes me scratch my head. The Demo aura nerf as it is will completely gut the spec. It makes the enfeeblement aura unusable vs any mage team (hint: that's all teams).

If they are trying so hard to remove the other specs can they at least give affliction some PvP love.

Destruction in arena usually play with GoSup, so the CB change doens't affect this! But I'm not sure about RoF changes...

Demonology in arena... I'm also worried! Hehehe!

Demo still retains the double 200k Chaos Wave crits so I'm pretty sure it'll remain viable.

Deleted
    Demo will still be the top spec. Undispellable dark soul is pretty huge. You are still able to apply the curses manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will probably remain viable, yes. But the aura nerf sure will hurt the spec.

Give affliction some love already. I can't stand playing demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Demo still retains the double 200k Chaos Wave crits so I'm pretty sure it'll remain viable.
    Can someone explain to me how you manage to get Chaos Wave to crit twice in a row often?

My warlock right now has 13% crit chance in PvP gear. If my team doesn't have a Feral, a Hunter, or a Mage, my chance of critting twice in a row is 1.7%. With max arena match duration shortened to 25 minutes, and my Dark Soul on a 2 minute cooldown, I could try 2x Dark Soul Chaos Wave up to 13 times. My chance of getting 2 crits in a row, in a match that would otherwise be a tie, is 20%.

Suppose now that I gem and reforge into crit, getting up to 20% or so crit chance - but reducing mastery, therefore somewhat reducing base Chaos Wave damage. Suppose also that my team has a Feral or a Hunter or a Mage, bumping my one-time crit chance to 25%. My chance of critting twice in a row is now 6.25%. If the match is a tie, my chance of getting consecutive crits during any of the 13 burst phases is 57%. But that's supposing the other team doesn't kill anyone on my team for a full 25 minutes.

Is it really viable to bet your success in arena on Chaos Wave double critting? Isn't it better to go mastery, for higher reliable damage, and find a way to align your burst with a team mate?

Isn't two people bursting the same person, for 60% health each, more reliable than hoping RNG will be in your favor?
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-11-17 at 01:58 PM.

Chaos Wave is AoE and there are 3-5 people in an arena.

Furthermore 1 crit out of 2 will nearly kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Demo will probably remain viable, yes. But the aura nerf sure will hurt the spec.

Give affliction some love already. I can't stand playing demo.
    agreed!!!!

wtb some afflic love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Destruction in arena usually play with GoSup, so the CB change doens't affect this! But I'm not sure about RoF changes...

Demonology in arena... I'm also worried! Hehehe!
    I've yet to see a Destro lock with anything else but GoSac in arena, randombgs or ratedbgs.