Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn View Post
    3. Rune of Power sucks. You limit yourself to that one spot and you "only" get 15%. I guess most people don't know that Incanters Ward has a passive effect that gives you 6% more Spellpower passive. On fights where you need movement and there is damage coming in, use Incanters Ward. The first boss in Heart of Fear is nice for this, I can use Incanters Ward on the circles and run into one circle or use it at the 3 Bubbles + aoe dmg phase. You can even use it before the pull and the gas will trigger it when the boss flies to a plattform.
    It's Spell dmg not power anyway i don't think you see that a 5 sec cast every 40-45 sec is a huge dps loss and RoP is a 1.5 sec cast without any haste and it lasts for 60 sec, yes you have to stay on it the hole time but i don't have any problem with that on very many fight besides spirit kings.

And about the PoM vs. Scorch personally i only use scorch on spirit kings because of the first boss where you have to stack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn View Post
    4. You only need haste until you reach the 3039 cap (see here), then go for mastery instead.
    hit > crit > int > haste until 3039 > mastery
    Why stop at 3039 haste? Falling 17 rating short of 3056 for an extra 3rd tick on Glyphed Combustion???
    4052 haste ratin for normal Combustion's extra tick is a bit much I think

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    It's Spell dmg not power anyway i don't think you see that a 5 sec cast every 40-45 sec is a huge dps loss and RoP is a 1.5 sec cast without any haste and it lasts for 60 sec,
    Simularly the 15% bonus of RoP is a huge dps loss compared to the 25% buff of invokers energy....

The maths say (as stolen from the mage guide sticky)
    Invocation gains per cycle:
    45 seconds = 40*1.25 -> 50000% DPS/45 seconds =
    1.1111 DPS

Rune of Power gains per cycle:
    61.5 seconds = 60*1.15 -> 69000% DPS/61.5 seconds =
    1.12195 DPS

This is not accounting for the higher combustion due to the higher spellpower buff or the fact that the 125% dots of LB/Pyro/Ignite keep ticking while you are evocating.
    So for all intent and purpose I would say as long as you are 95% playing perfectly uptime on both buffs, the difference between the two is going to be non-existing.

Biggest difference is the static healing of RoP of 1% per second vs bulk healing at the end of evocating for Invocation.
    RoP on the whole will most likely be more beneficial in helping your healers, unless your healers have Evocation as a buff on their riad frames (or addon) and know what it means... A quite serious heal when completed... and have the balls to wait for it to complete. Same argument goes for Temporal shield vs Ice barrier, asside from the fact that Ice Barrier is a dps loss, while Temporal shield is not.
    The heal of Temporal shield takes a while to take affect and can go into overheals quite easily.... while Ice Barrier's absorb will simply prevent your life from dropping all together thus will not go to overheal as such.