Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My only thought this episode was... Make him keep the glasses.
    Matt Smith actually looked better with the glasses.
    haha I thought the same thing (I also thought Karen looked GODAWFUL in them, which is wierd as I usually dig girls in glasses )

they did mention a wardrobe change for the next arc.... maybe he keeps the glasses as a memento of her?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    /snip
    river actually elaborated on it. Basically her explanation was the TARDIS was more of a car stuck in traffic jam, it can get there, but its gonna be very slow moving if at all. Her Vortex manipulator is more like a moped, speeding in between the cars getting to the point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

just watched angels take Manhattan... Hurt me right in the feels

OH MY GOD O_O i just realized... "whats the alternative me standing over your graves"
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-10-06 at 07:17 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone (like I was) is wondering about what happened to Brian, then here is a video thoughtfully provided by the BBC.

The feels.... T_T

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Dr Who... you're finished.. how can you still make me upset :P great video Dyra, kinda wish they could have shot that scene, would have been a great end to the season.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I am regularly watching Doctor Who tv show and in this show i love the acting of Christopher Eccleston as Doctor Who. I have watched all the episodes of this show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fucking 5 episodes is a joke though, really starting to hate on series that are cutting themselves in half and airing half this year, and the rest next year /late this year,

Cracking episode though,

Although one plot hole, said they can never land the tardis there again because of the un stability etc, and it was lucky it was done the once without ripping new york to shreds, however, what about rivers vortex "watch" (sorry a bit tired can't remember any of the correct names ) as its smaller and like she said, a bike not something big and bulky

Or is it now a fixed point in time, because they read the grave stone?

Either way I can see in a series time, or two series time, they might make a guest appearance,

and before you give me any bull shit about its impossible, remember its tv, anything can happen, if they want it to happen, they will find a story line to make it happen,

*cough* Darvos / Rose *cough*
    Doctor Who broke every single one of its laws that it has build up itself or that has been established elsewhere, fixpoints, paradoxes (there was a fricking paradox machine once ..) whatever if the writer wants it broken it will be
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-10-15 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just watched angels take Manhattan... Hurt me right in the feels

OH MY GOD O_O i just realized... "whats the alternative me standing over your graves"
    Yea it was really well done imo.. though I am a bit unclear on how the one angel survived =/

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    If anyone (like I was) is wondering about what happened to Brian, then here is a video thoughtfully provided by the BBC.

The feels.... T_T
    Yea I was REALLY upset that they didn't tie up that end. Nice video though

[TV] Doctor Who - Where to start?

I've heard a lot about this show and I want to check it out, but it's such an old show that I don't know where to start. Which doctor can i start with so i don't miss much, but don't have to start from the 60s?

10+ Year Old Account
    I started watching from the 9th doctor, and all the important stuff is explained. But if you really love 60's TV, start at the very beginning :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    The only other place you can start would be the 2005 relaunch of the series. That would be the 9th Doctor: Eccleston's.
    There's already a Doctor Who thread around here somewhere though, you may want to bring your questions there.
    ^ If you start after him you might miss out on a few things as the relaunch explains a bunch for you. Plus he was a great Dr.

10+ Year Old Account

Wink

Start with this!!! This is the very first episode.

im on season 6(i know im late to the party!). just ended episode 2 and whats up with the girl being a timelord... amy's daughter, how is that even possible. questions for people up to date:

do we know more about her during the season/show?
    does the doctors daughter(introduced in season 5 i think) make any more appearances or mentions at any time?

im quite alright with spoilers(im the type that reads the end of the book first before actually reading the entire thing)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im on season 6(i know im late to the party!). just ended episode 2 and whats up with the girl being a timelord... amy's daughter, how is that even possible. questions for people up to date:

do we know more about her during the season/show?
    does the doctors daughter(introduced in season 5 i think) make any more appearances or mentions at any time?

im quite alright with spoilers(im the type that reads the end of the book first before actually reading the entire thing)
    Yeah, you'll learn who she is in Episode 6.

Jenny, the doctor's daughter, doesn't make an appearance as of yet either. But just a fun fact, she's now married to David Tennant who playing The Doctor at the time of that episode

Deleted
    As well as being the daughter of Peter Davidson, the 5th Doctor. Somewhat incestuous in a twisted kind of way. :-)

Deleted
    Oh i just love Doctor who!
    Both the new and the old ones! Been watching this too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer for Christmas special

Last edited by Solidito; 2012-11-17 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have declared war on the Moon!

priceless looks like this years special will be a bit better than last years bring it on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I have declared war on the Moon!

priceless looks like this years special will be a bit better than last years bring it on!
    Dr who has just become massively childish. The last couple of series's have been awful, bad writing, bad acting, dumbing down and appearing to appeal to 3year olds. the plots have been awful and usually dont make any kind of sense.

It can hardly be worse...then again, I keep saying that....

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Dr who has just become massively childish. The last couple of series's have been awful, bad writing, bad acting, dumbing down and appearing to appeal to 3year olds. the plots have been awful and usually dont make any kind of sense.

It can hardly be worse...then again, I keep saying that....
    So youre a masochist? you keep hating it and dreading it, and yet you keep watching it? If you dont like where its going why are you still watching?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."