Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Damn You Bioware!

WHY OH WHY did Bioware make Cartel Packs so damn addicting! I am struggling so hard to resist buying more coins just so I can get more packs..

Must...resist...Cartel Packs...

"Is the dark side stronger?"

"No, no. No. Quicker, easier, more seductive."

"But how am I to know the good side from the bad?"

"You will know... when you are calm, passive, at peace."

I ended up with around 950 coins (for free) after the patch hit. I've only spent 350 so far on a cool looking epic coat for my sniper. I'm kinda holding off from buying extra coins, as I'm hoping to see more gear added. Cool looking gear, that I can use while leveling, i'd be more inclined to buy (MAYBE the odd exp boosters here or there. Maybe...)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I bought 5000 coins, spent it all on the cartel packs and got a bunch of crap and the same mount x5. Never touching that thing again besides getting coins from subscription.

Deleted
    checked the cartel shop today as I am a former, not willing to sub, customer. I must say, all they offer is crap. Srsly there's nothing exciting. The packs are random crap, dont waste my money on that. The gear is recolored gear that is already in the game and ...it is ugly through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    The gear is recolored gear that is already in the game and ...it is ugly through and through.
    The slight difference with the gear is that it isn't bound to class or faction. So say if you wanted to make your bounty hunter look like a consular, you can do that.

I made the mistake of buying cartel coins worth of about 100 bucks and the packs contained only crap, I advise everyone to not buy them, chances are just too small to get anything decent. It was definetly a mistake.

Deleted
    Those Cartel Packs are a thrill to open ;D then again... I do like gambling :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Those Cartel Packs are a thrill to open ;D then again... I do like gambling :P
    I know...I have always thought gambling was stupid, but these packs man...So hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I made the mistake of buying cartel coins worth of about 100 bucks and the packs contained only crap, I advise everyone to not buy them, chances are just too small to get anything decent. It was definetly a mistake.
    I would agree on the black market one, but not on the more expensive version (Blanking on what it is called I ned my morning coffee). Everyone in my guild who got one of the more expensive packs got at least one really nice thing out of it. There are also a few things that you can only get from the packs that are a lot of fun.

However, if you want something specific that you can buy with cartel coins it is smarter to just buy the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    WHY OH WHY did Bioware make Cartel Packs so damn addicting! I am struggling so hard to resist buying more coins just so I can get more packs..

Must...resist...Cartel Packs...
    Sounds like Bioware is gonna love you. BTW - every heard of slot machine addiction? Cause thats what Bioware are counting on to keep the game afloat. The thing is ... the house always wins... And the addiction leaves ppl broke.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Fantastic to see gambling addicts realise its not worth it... Oh wait... your gonna pay 100 bucks more tonight right?

Sick. And ppl need to realise when a game is no longer a game but a slot machine. But hey.. you dont need extra quickslot action bars to play this slot machine

Infracted: Please refrain from trolling other users.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-18 at 06:30 AM.

I had 1950 coins for being subbed since December, and ended up buying three black market packs across three different toons...

Two badass mounts, two sweet purple weapons, a full set of custom armor, and some XP buffs later...I want more! So tempted to buy more coins so I can get that sweet Nihilus mask.

Must...wait for...500...free coins...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I checked out the F2p option and immediatlly uninstalled SWTOR right after the shite they tried to stuff down my throat 2 toons max using cartel coins to unlock stuff I already had when I was subbed thats a big kick in the balls BIOWARE and paying real money to buy more cartel coins is just stupid IMO the items they give you in those random packs aren't even worth it if your a F2P player since they limit what you can wear as a F2P player and ......... end rant enjoy paying real money for fake coins chumps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgjitsu View Post
    I checked out the F2p option and immediatlly uninstalled SWTOR right after the shite they tried to stuff down my throat 2 toons max using cartel coins to unlock stuff I already had when I was subbed thats a big kick in the balls BIOWARE and paying real money to buy more cartel coins is just stupid IMO the items they give you in those random packs aren't even worth it if your a F2P player since they limit what you can wear as a F2P player and ......... end rant enjoy paying real money for fake coins chumps
    I guess it also depends on how you value your dollars/time. Some people I know drop thousands a month on hobbies. I wouldn't call them 'chumps' because of it. The value of money is relative. For you the cost of buying coins outweighs the value of the shop items. Nothing wrong with that but noone is calling you 'poor' are they? So why are people who do have the money to spend 'chumps'?

Bioware need to add things to the shop asap imo. There needs to be much more fluff but as of now I'm happy with my purchases and my time playing patch 1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought 3 of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I guess it also depends on how you value your dollars/time. Some people I know drop thousands a month on hobbies. I wouldn't call them 'chumps' because of it. The value of money is relative. For you the cost of buying coins outweighs the value of the shop items. Nothing wrong with that but noone is calling you 'poor' are they? So why are people who do have the money to spend 'chumps'?

Bioware need to add things to the shop asap imo. There needs to be much more fluff but as of now I'm happy with my purchases and my time playing patch 1.5.
    So ... slot machine addicts just have a hobby now ? So sad to see ppl not realise the difference between hobby and gambling where player has zero effect on the outcome. Your welcome to call playing SWTOR a hobby... but it does not chance the fact that these packs are based on gambling impulse that has nothing to do with gaming. Cause if it had anything to do with gaming - then a game developer would build a game around them instead of adding them in as just a slot machine.

Just shows how bad job Bioware are actually doing of making a good game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    So ... slot machine addicts just have a hobby now ? So sad to see ppl not realise the difference between hobby and gambling where player has zero effect on the outcome. Your welcome to call playing SWTOR a hobby... but it does not chance the fact that these packs are based on gambling impulse that has nothing to do with gaming. Cause if it had anything to do with gaming - then a game developer would build a game around them instead of adding them in as just a slot machine.

Just shows how bad job Bioware are actually doing of making a good game.
    I never said it wasn't gambling. I said TOR is a hobby. It's not a job and it's not a vocation. It's a game and games are considered hobbies. Gambling can become an addiction to some. I'm not denying some people get addicted to everything from buying cartel packs to playing WoW 72hrs straight and then dying because of it. I'm saying that all who buy into the pack system aren't deluded nor idiotic.

It's starting to smell very much like the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' argument around here. In my experience such discussions end badly.

'Let them eat coin'

Deleted
    Do people still play this game?

Don't start that
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-18 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Do people still play this game?
    I think over 2 million people quit in the last year but yeah, thousands still play on my server.

I got the email saying I got some coins or some shit, didn't say anything about refunding my $45 for the 3 months I subbed to an empty server with no means to transfer off. So yea, they know where they can shove their coins.