Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have the feeling that the feared items squish will happen at 100. Perhaps next expansion will be 10 levels again to round it up nicely, no one wants to level to 95.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have the feeling that the feared items squish will happen at 100. Perhaps next expansion will be 10 levels again to round it up nicely, no one wants to level to 95.
    Why? What's the difference to 85?

I highly doubt it, they said they would do the squish ONLY if enough people wanted it. As for going back to 10 levels, why would they? there was nothing wrong with cata leveling and mop leveling.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-17 at 10:56 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I think 100 might be the last expension. The reason they didnt increase level cap by 10 in cata was as they said they didnt wanna hit lvl100 this soon. If they were gonna get over 100 they wouldnt reduce the levels per expension to 5.
    Can you provide a quote or link? Because i've never seen this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    No man trust him, it's simple math duh. Even if they have 12 million+ subscribers in the next 2 expansions, Blizzard won't make anymore expansions because we can't be over lvl 100.
    And the reason for that is?

Deleted
    I'm betting on 10 levels next xpac simply because it's Wow's 10th anniversary in 2014 (when 6.0 will likely be released.), and thematically the 100 milestone is a nice number for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    And the reason for that is?
    Because sarcasm.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there even a difference? It's just a number, I don't recall reading any complain posts about being level 85 instead of 90.

OT: Yes, funny error pages are great, there should be more through-out the internet imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    there are 2more expansions, 95 is next and the last is 100, simple math.
    Unless the game loses 99,9% of its subs i dont see why anyone would stop after 2 more expansions, cause 100 is a good number in the point of the decimal system?

Deleted
    imo level cap will reach 100, but nowhere does it say that there stoping with expansions we could stay at level 100 and still realease new expansions levelling from 1 - to 100 seems quite doable but after that im not so sure

Being we live in a world driven by profit margin, there is no reason to kill a cash cow. Despite the games age in regards to it's engine and graphics, as long as they have huge sub. numbers, it makes business sense to keep it going. Think about it, say there are only 2 more expansions to lvl 100. During that 'final' expansion when the last content patch for it is released for what it 'supposed to be' the last dance for the game there are still 9+ million people actively subscribed. Your the one making the decision to end the game there or not. Do you end it with plenty of data suggesting that extending the game will produce the profit it has been? Of course that decision wouldn't be made that late but it's business 101. If enough people are willing to keep paying, you keep producing.

Considering there are several items in mop that dont work on characters over lvl 94. Imma guestimate 95 will be the next cap.

Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    Considering there are several items in mop that dont work on characters over lvl 94. Imma guestimate 95 will be the next cap.
    I think they chose that cap because they're unlikely to go below 5 levels per expansion, not because they won't go above it.

Guys guys guys... you are all assuming we survive Dec. 21st....!

Next expansion will have 15 levels, because you get a talent point every 15 levels. Case closed

10+ Year Old Account
    *minor spoilers I guess?*

Friend and I have a theory that after the garrosh kill/defeat, there will be a cutscene portraying the burning legion invasion for the next expansion. The next expansion will cover levels 90-100 and have Sargeras be the ending fight. Project Titan IIRC was looking to be released in the 2014/2015 range, so the end of the next expansion will open up into Blizzard's new MMO and WoW's story coming to a close.

It is naive, but I honestly am not believing Blizzard will keep creating content for WoW when Titan becomes closer to completion. There are TONS of directions they obviously can take WoW until then, no doubt, but Titan is their first chance to start fresh possibly. I think that this expansion will be the "We must unite to defeat outside forces lesson" and the next expansion we take from that to save Azeroth.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    That's stupid. They won't stop at level 100 just because it's 100. They'll stop when it isn't profitable enough anymore. Even if level 100 is the final level, they can still make expansions after that. I think they slowed the level gain down because they want us to hit 100 in a certain expansion, for whatever reason that might be. Maybe the expansion will have a very strong core element of WoW, like the Burning Legion.
    Or meeting the titans LOL.

Deleted
    They will never stop making expansions if the game has like atleast 1 mill subscribers, because it's not just the subscription itself what generates money, but microtransactions too, but after titan they propably continue with the lines what was cataclysm end game, just re-using old stuff, but keeping it somewhat "fresh" that ppl wont drop subscriptions. Some people dont understand business. Even if the game had only 1 million subscriptors, it will still be much more profitable than most of the games and shutting it down would be a move beyond retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    *minor spoilers I guess?*

Friend and I have a theory that after the garrosh kill/defeat, there will be a cutscene portraying the burning legion invasion for the next expansion. The next expansion will cover levels 90-100 and have Sargeras be the ending fight. Project Titan IIRC was looking to be released in the 2014/2015 range, so the end of the next expansion will open up into Blizzard's new MMO and WoW's story coming to a close.

It is naive, but I honestly am not believing Blizzard will keep creating content for WoW when Titan becomes closer to completion. There are TONS of directions they obviously can take WoW until then, no doubt, but Titan is their first chance to start fresh possibly. I think that this expansion will be the "We must unite to defeat outside forces lesson" and the next expansion we take from that to save Azeroth.
    They've said that they intend for Titan and Wow to coexist so sorry, but no. Not to mention that there are far too many remaining plotlines to be resolved before we can take on Sargeras.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have stuck with the 5 levels per expansion ever since BC. Seeing my character at level 100 then 105 just looks stupid.