Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The changes came in MoP and the so called "pro" Rogues realized they were actually quite bad and rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The changes came in MoP and the so called "pro" Rogues realized they were actually quite bad and rerolled.
    lol troll.

The class has some glaring issues but it really isn't as bad as the doomsayers would have you believe. However it goes deeper than the whole 'you're just mad you went from OP to suck' argument. 4.3 rogues were gross, this is a fact. The problems with the class stem from the fact that with the new talents and new skills rogue cooldowns are antiquated in their length by comparison, we lost utility and mobility and 6 of our new "talents" are things we already had (previously 7 before they removed the poison thing made it the 4 set). This is compounded by a problem I said during the cata beta that rogues haven't evolved much rotation wise or class wise since BC and now that lack of evolution has caught up to them.

That said they're at least functional in PvE and anything *can* be functional in PvP it doesn't mean it will be good or top tier. You can kill people as a rogue 1v1 it's completely possible if you're good, but it's far from optimal or viable for the high end of the spectrum.

Deleted
    The rogue class is the only class that got each expansion butched further.
    Each expansion some of the rogues abilities were given to other classes, sometimes even in stronger form.
    This expansion many core abilities got taken away and they made the rogue choose which one to keep, while others were weakened.

The class was last expansion carried by gear, this one there is no gear and many more nerfs so no suprise its shit.
    And frankly quitting wow is the right decision. If you just switch to another class blizz wont care as you still pay them.

Deleted
    Basically Rogues r probably the most hated class in the game... anyone want to suggest another class nobody likes unless u play one?

And because theyre disliked so much by many people playing other classes they have ended up being treated badly by Blizzard. Basically no effort in moving the class forward, no balancing, broken mechanics etc.

Theyre currently the joint lowest played class next to Monks right now at 5% of total population. During Wrath and Cataclysm they were joint lowest played class with Warlocks at around 8%. Therefore they've lost over a third (37.5%) of their playerbase since Cataclycm.

Can anyone show me any other class whose lost so many players this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    What makes you think you should be able to solo a resto druid or holy paladin? Why shouldn't a warrior, who wears plate armor and giant weapons be able to kill this tiny rogue wearing animal skin?

Learn what balance means before commenting on what success is.
    Because balance is two shotting someone through monks palm and a paladins hand of sacrifice? Since you brought up warriors I thought I'd mention that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think rogues were grossly overpowered in 4.3 but they were up there. Bliz kinda screwed us with the welfare legendary, without that, rogues were above average, like they should be. Late expansion rogues have always shined, and we have always been mediocre at best begining, but not THIS bad. We got the nerf bat hard because so many rogues had the legendary, or some stage of it, that it kinda diluted what we should have been.
    Dont get me wrong. I liked my legendary. The proc felt like another layer of gameplay had been added. The legendary made us OP combined with the high gear values, but without the legendary we were where we should have been. Then bliz nerfed us to what we are now.
    IMO the recup nerf was needed but they didnt need to make it useless. Taking hemo off of SV was uncalled for, espicslly in pvp where having a bleed on the target adds 20% damage plus the dot.
    Most other classes choose between damage abilitys at 90. Priests, pallys, warriors, monks, hunters all got some damage abil at the 90 talent. Rogues got bandaid fixes to what we should have anyway. Versitility made our CP non targer specific. Pallys, monks, and even warlocks (kinda) have this. Pallys now have an overflow for their CP... I mean holy power charges, which is what anticipation is.
    They have given so many abilities and features that made rogues unique to other classes making the class feel stale and unoriginal (I can never spell that darned word). So many classes have so much CC its not even funny anymore. Rogues used to be high control, high CC, now we are mediocre CC and subpar damage.
    Sorry for typos, typing on my ipod is annoying :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    I dont think rogues were grossly overpowered in 4.3 but they were up there.
    If i'm gonna be honest in my opinion warlocks where more broken then rogues in rated play, however there was not the same public outcry against them simply because they where weaker in random pvp like battlegrounds, duels and low rated arena. I don't think the class mechanics where overpowered, was more a gear scaling and pve gear issue which is not what got nerfed, well excluding smoke bomb being on prep that is though.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-18 at 01:13 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    If i'm gonna be honest in my opinion warlocks where more broken then rogues in rated play, however there was not the same public outcry against them simply because they where weaker in random pvp like battlegrounds, duels and low rated arena. I don't think the class mechanics where overpowered, was more a gear scaling and pve gear issue which is not what got nerfed, well excluding smoke bomb being on prep that is though.
    Not many rogues are taking prep because ShS is our only gap closer. Sprint doesnt count lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Anyway, back OT - a comp can be improved by swapping its rogue for a warrior, so it's hard to find a team that actually wants to do anything other than cap with you. Combine that with a) being a low-pop class and b) being frustrating as hell to play, and you're not going to be seeing many active rogues until at least 5.1 (probably 5.2).
    Yep, my rogue has been my main since 2004, but after trying it out some in MoP, I've ditched him and have instead leveled my enhance shaman and shadow priest to 90. My next project is leveling my warrior, but I'm only at 66 on him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Can anyone show me any other class whose lost so many players this expansion?
    Here's the way I see it, comparing rogues to the other least-played-class:

In terms of population percentages, of all the rogues that started MoP at level 85, how many have made it to 90? Same thing for warlocks?
    (source: realmpop.com)

10+ Year Old Account
    I JUST picked up my Rogue when MoP hit such that I didn't get all the "Fangs reroller" hate.

We lost our ability to kill people solo in a stunlock, so some people left for the classes that can now two-shot you: Warlocks (Chaos Bolt) or Warriors (Taste For Blood empowered Heroic Strikes). Obviously as Warriors play similarly to Rogues, that's where I think the majority of the rerollers went.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    In short

Class mechanics and rotations haven't really changed or been "refreshed" in 7 years leading to boredom.
    It's a pure dps class that's not doing decent dps.
    Last few expansions every class got pretty much everything (we have an overdose of stuns, sprints, heals, knockbacks, etc...) and all their fabulous "utility" is now 7 years old/outdated and irrelevant.

So yeah. People quit with good reason.
    (despite kids here calling other people kids and making predictable cheap comments like "They can't 2shot people anymore so they QQ" *rolls eyes* Grow up.)
    This guy.

I quit my rogue as a main because everyone else seemed to get more interesting things to use, not always useful, but more interesting and "fun" things for creative gameplay. We always ended up getting something "useful" but dead boring. Like some new damage dealing attack that you had to work into your rotation somehow, or that counter to an ability that everybody was killing us with. We have gotten nothing in lines of "novelty" like stealth used to be. When new rogues level they have hardly anything cool to look forward to. Druids have different forms, Warriors Heroic Leap and Titans Grasp, Warlocks have Demonform and New Pets etc.

When the best rogues in the world, people who make their living off wow pvp, people who have played rogue since vanilla switch to another class they are not as good at then you know there is a problem.

Arena representation based on class ( following numbers are based on the 50 highest ranked teams of each US battlegroup)

warrior 19.93% 353
    hunter 16.32% 289
    paladin 13.61% 241
    druid 12.37% 219
    shaman 11.58% 205
    mage 9.09% 161
    priest 8.13% 144
    dk 3.39% 60
    warlock 3.39% 60
    rogue 1.36% 24
    monk 0.85% 15
    Total 100% 1771

Seeing warriors absolutely everywhere now though

Deleted
    Basically it is a complete myth that Rogues were OP throughout cataclysm and i cant beleive the amount of idiots who are posting here who believe that crap.

At the start of Cata Rogues were very bad, like they always are at the start of expansions. Mages OP Icelance was the forums main discussion subject... Warriors were massively OP on damage and control so they recieved an urgent hotfix nerf, Holy Paladins were utterly unkillable due to megafast mana regen which also got fixed with patches. Blood DKs became the main complaint for PvPers throughout Cata and u only need to checkout PvP forum threads dated during cata and count the massive amount of threads discussing this...

Now, Rogues are the only class which are completely gear dependant and therefore by the end of ALL EXPANSIONS Rogues are very high powered and its at this time that Rogues are at their best. Now in cataclysm Rogues also got the Legendaries and a very OP trinket. This is the reason Rogues were OP at the end of Cataclysm... IT WASNT THIER MECHANICS!!!

Anyone who plays Rogues or understands Wow gameplay overall knows this... so why the hell did Blizzard redesign Rogues nerfing almost every aspect of the class?

the reason they did this is because they dont understand how Rogues work... sorry Blizzard but u clearly dont.

TLDR it was the legendary daggers, the OP trinket and the end expansion top end gear that made Rogues so OP at the end of Cataclysm, it was nothing to do with class design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with ZenTaurus...It just came down to boredom. All the other classes have seen innovation over the lifespan of the game, and best rogues have seen is poisons actually becoming a spell, or pick pocketing autoleveling. I play a druid atm, but that is solely cause guild needed a tank, if i was still going to be a dps, i would of switched to my Lock/Hunter. I offer all this from a PVE standpoint, I raid lead a small 10 man guild, and we just encourage people to play what is fun. We have one rogue total at 90 in the guild and he is considering switching to mage cause he is bored of the rogue.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Well, we can see that the lock percent hasn't changed, but about 25% of rogues didn't make it to 90.

Rogue has been the least popular class with just a few interruptions over the years. When rogues had legenendaries last season, we edged locks. This issue mostly started in BC, when Blizzard first started taking the axe to the class- rogues were actually popular in vanilla.

We lost our ability to kill people solo in a stunlock
    Do you even know what a stunlock is? Only the most undergeared bads would die inside CS->KS, even with daggers and full pvp gear. It's been since essentially forever when you could control certain classes 100->0, and even that was gear dependent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, we can see that the lock percent hasn't changed, but about 25% of rogues didn't make it to 90.
    The exact percentage is 37.5% i worked it out on a previous post

Deleted
    They fixed the Rogue class so they can't smash their face on the keyboard and win.

After weeks of matches, I finally came across the rare spawn last night! It was a Rogue, Mage team.