5 14.29%
  • Worgen

13 37.14%
  • Pandaren

4 11.43%
    10+ Year Old Account

Race change - Best option?

Hey Guys,
    I'm planning a race change in the next day or 2 and i've narrowed the choices down to Night Elf or Human, considering im alliance and i want to stay alliance im currently a draenei and the only helpful racial is the Gift of the Naaru and it looks like they've chucked away our Hit bonus which has made me consider a race change, i would like a night elf due to the practicallity of shadowmeld when you want to leave combat for something (Fly, Rezz, Run Etc), but a human aswell because of the many things they have Like Expertise with Maces/Swords, the bonus reputation and the pvp trinket incase i want to do some pvp every now and then, so theyre the practical ones i was thinking of, but then again there might be other races that are better for the spec i play (Fury/Arms) and helpful comments would be great!
    Cheers
    WoW6000

pve or pvp?
    if pve go worgen, if pvp probably human.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a Warrior, Worgen only has crit bonus as a viable racial and maybe if you do skinning it's fast (0,5 sec cast) and you get some more crit from that too, but I would suggest against that, because Humans have much more, if you stick with swords you'll get nice expertise bonus, which helps a LOT at 90 with that extra leftover stat to reforge. In PvP that extra trinket slot also helps for burst buildup, also with the side bonus, reputation bonus helps real nice and you'll feel it's worth at MoP rep farms.

On the other hand, and as a side note, I as a Horde choose Orc whenever possible even with my Mage ;b

10+ Year Old Account
    im mostly horde but all my alliance characters are dreaneis or worgens, so yeah worgen ftw

except that 1% crit costs a lot more stat points than 1% exp (for me its 600 vs 340 right now), so if you go for the expertise (which doesnt even work with axes) you get less stat points from the racial than if you go for the crit.

for pve worgen is king due to the crit and for pvp human is king due to the free trinket

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    except that 1% crit costs a lot more stat points than 1% exp (for me its 600 vs 340 right now), so if you go for the expertise (which doesnt even work with axes) you get less stat points from the racial than if you go for the crit.
    Glad to see someone who understands this. Makes me wonder why they ditched heroic presence but kept the 1% haste and crit racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Glad to see someone who understands this. Makes me wonder why they ditched heroic presence but kept the 1% haste and crit racials.
    Because they didn't remove heroic presence.

Deleted
    Worgen gives you 1% crit and darkflight which is great in pve. Plus worgen !!female!! is the best looking alliance race . Dranei still get 1% hit btw it's just not an aura that the whole raid can take part of.
    Last edited by mmoc12b394f111; 2012-11-17 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Draenei's still receive the 1% hit racial. It stopped being a buff you could see a very long time ago when it sopped being a raid wide buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stoneform on Dwarves is another 10% damage reduction and it removes bleeds, a mini cooldown.

Plus Dwarves look great in plate armor.
    Warlock (SL main)

Man don't look at racials - they're not such a big deal in max level. What is important - you have to play what you like. I played Alliance warrior and for me dwarf is best looking race. Make some low level chars and check what you like. Choosing race by racials? I bet you will regret your choice if you'll do that. Roll race that you like the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small bit to add which would be best in the long run considering im probably sticking to this race for the rest of my time in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    Man don't look at racials - they're not such a big deal in max level. What is important - you have to play what you like. I played Alliance warrior and for me dwarf is best looking race. Make some low level chars and check what you like. Choosing race by racials? I bet you will regret your choice if you'll do that. Roll race that you like the most.
    Racials are actually a very big deal in WoW. Just using Warrior for example, Worgen being the highest DPS race for Warrior, it's a difference of over 2k DPS between Worgen and some of the lowest DPS races for Warrior. That being said, someone mentioned the human racial for expertise with swords. That would be fine if the best in slot weapons for the last 3 expansions weren't axes. If you're not concerned about stats and just want to go for aesthetics or whatever, then pick whatever you want, but you mentioned missing the Draenei hit racial (which still exists, which is why you don't need 2550 hit to cap, like everyone else does), so I figure that's what's important to you. Keep in mind after MoP release GC said they want to add more combat racials to the races currently missing them. Similar to what they did for Undead with Touch of the Grave. So 'best in the long run' can change in 5.2 for all we know. Whenever they get around to adding them. At the end of the day, it's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Racials are actually a very big deal in WoW. Just using Warrior for example, Worgen being the highest DPS race for Warrior, it's a difference of over 2k DPS between Worgen and some of the lowest DPS races for Warrior. That being said, someone mentioned the human racial for expertise with swords. That would be fine if the best in slot weapons for the last 3 expansions weren't axes. If you're not concerned about stats and just want to go for aesthetics or whatever, then pick whatever you want, but you mentioned missing the Draenei hit racial (which still exists, which is why you don't need 2550 hit to cap, like everyone else does), so I figure that's what's important to you. Keep in mind after MoP release GC said they want to add more combat racials to the races currently missing them. Similar to what they did for Undead with Touch of the Grave. So 'best in the long run' can change in 5.2 for all we know. Whenever they get around to adding them. At the end of the day, it's your choice.
    Yes you have right. I'm not saying racials are not important at all I just wanted to say it shouldn't be main factor when choosing race :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials are not going to make or break raid encounters, nor are you going to top DPS merely because of your racial choice. Picking professions has a larger DPS impact than your racial. Pick whatever you are cosmetically happy with.

People would play as wooden cubes if they heard its racials were superior, just to pat themselves on the head of their "superior" choice at the character selection screen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 08:04 PM ----------

Racials are not going to make or break raid encounters, nor are you going to top DPS merely because of your racial choice. Picking professions has a larger DPS impact than your racial. Pick whatever you are cosmetically happy with.

People would play as wooden cubes if they heard its racials were superior, just to pat themselves on the head of their "superior" choice at the character selection screen.

if your going for pvp, don't overlook gnome. especially with the CC changes to avatar and the 8sec dispell CD. another root break is wonderful

If you aren't a Dwarf then you aren't a Warrior at all. Beards are everything that make or break world class Warriors.

Deleted
    Worgen is great for PvE with the 1% crit from their racial. If you don't like Worgen for some reason I'd go Human can never go wrong with that.