Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    such a great quest line

Deleted
    It was the best because you saw the main antagonist as well as two major heroes on both sides. It also gave that pride in faction, no matter whom you liked, Alliance, Horde or Burning Legion (through Putress). It had an epic battle on a war-torn land. None of the other cinematics come close because none fulfill all the ideas mentioned anymore.

Think of Cataclysm. Ignoring the "cutscenes" in places like Uldum for example, you got Thrall fighting Deathwing with the Demon Soul, you had dragons fighting amongst themselves and a servant of Ragnaros cutting Thrall in pieces while all others were useless. So in one it's Thrall, no pride for Alliance, little for Horde as he went neutral, in the other it's dragons, showing you how small and unimportant you are and in the last it's some random druid stunning everyone, all major leaders and you.
    As for MoP, I know of only two cinematics, one of the battle near that statue, where you're not there battling a greater evil, but in the end you're the one bringing the evil, and the coming of the fleets in 5.1 which is nice, though lacks a fighting moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    wintergarde was my fav quest hub in wotlk. (one of my fav ones ever)

the fact that it ended in such an epic way (into the battle for undercity) is why you need more stuff like this

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the battle that follows up after that fight. And also the lich kings reply to bolivar for calling him out, best speech by any villian so far.

Also about putress I think he technically killed a soul of the lich king, dude did collapse for a brief moment then...did something to get back up, kinda think he consumed a reserve soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a high point in terms of WoW's in-game cinematics. I think the release of the Sha in MoP is probably a close second.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    such a great quest line
    too bad they took it out

I never even got to do it on my Ally toon =(
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I kind of wish I had an Alliance character during Wrath purely for that cinematic. I remember some of my guildies leveling alts through Dragonblight flipping out in Vent because of it.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

I thought it was alright. It didn't really give me any "emotion" as you describe. Nothing like that at all actually.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Great cutscene but certainly not the best imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Sucks so hard they removed the best part which was the quest chain that happens afterwards

I honestly believe the battle for the undercity has never been topped
    Battle for Undercity was great, until you had to do it for the 5th time...solo. Takes for fucking ever and is the most boring thing in existence when you have to do it alone. Especially as Alliance Melee. Oh what's that? Both the sewer worm and Putress have almost constant knockbacks? So sad for you.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    its only really rivaled by the goblin cinematic

I personally love Arthas' realization "... Sylvanas". He wasn't even actually right! But I don't think two characters in Warcraft hate the hell out of each other more than those two did.

EDIT: I don't think that plague harmed Arthas much at all, just annoyed him. But, in weird twist of fate, Putress and Varimathras probably saved the world, because since it turns out Bolvar and Saurfang literally *couldn't* have killed Arthas there, and he'd have eventually won out over their forces, the plague chasing Arthas back inside and destroying anything there Arthas could have brought back probably prevented him from having most of both of those combined armies as Scourge right then.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2012-11-18 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Putress wasn't that stupid. He had already betrayed Sylvanas; killing off swathes of all three factions (all of which he was now opposed to) isn't that bad of a move. It incriminated Sylvanas and set the Horde and Alliance against each other again, while he and his new master Varimathras went about summoning Sargeras through the Undercity.
    Holy crap, I forgot about that.

But it was a move that would end up as all or nothing for Putress. He could have waited until a more opportune moment arrived.

Oh, hi Deathwing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Yeah I'm with ya OP. Definitely one of the most amazing chapters of my WoW history. Especially playing both undead/alliance for as long as I have. From the Undead side you hear about this new plague Sylvanas is working on, you work with the undead alchemists and apothecaries testing out these versions of the plague. Then, after all that, Putress takes it and unleashes a final version, the one that kills scourge and living targets.

And from the alliance side, cmon. Bolvar! So, so amazing.

And now...I'm gonna go watch it again :P
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

How the heck were they going to summon Sargeras into the UC, it took the power of the Sunwell to summon even Kil'jaeden.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

It was the most badass, chilling cinematic ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How the heck were they going to summon Sargeras into the UC, it took the power of the Sunwell to summon even Kil'jaeden.
    It is probably easier for a Nathrezim (fully fledged demon) to summon Sargeras (a Vanir) than it is for Kael'Thas Sunstrider (a Blood Elf) to summon Kil'jaeden (an Eredar like Velen).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He just killed a bunch of faceless Scourge and grunts. And then they just turned around and went back to UC for some reason.
    Literally faceless, based on the video...

I can't even think of any other major cutscenes like that, which might be why you can't compare it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I can't even think of any other major cutscenes like that, which might be why you can't compare it.
    The cutscene from Diablo 3 where Tyrael shows Leah his fall from Heaven.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Great cut-scene indeed, and quest chain. I love it when Putress show up. Does he's little laugh and gives he's short speech. Epic moment.