Thread: HK-51 Live!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

HK-51 Live!

So even though this is definitely not as epic (long) as it sounded, I have to give it to the designers that it has been pretty nifty so far. I'm only on the theoretika, but I'm taking it slow and having a blast. Definitely feels a little bit like an RPG (KotOR) having to find key cards and batteries to open doors and whatnot.

Pretty nifty. Thoughts?

Deleted
    I'm currently on the scavenging part but I called it a day for today. 3am with work tomorrow xD.

But anyway, I liked the first part, especially when you first saw the room with all the HK models, I like the background you get with it aswell. The ship was a very nice part to explore, really gave a good feeling and somehow reminded me of kotor2 on the mining facility.

Anyway, having a blast also with the new dailies, especially the 4man where you had to work as a team.

If this is the way Bioware is going... *thumbs up*

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried starting HK-51 questing yet, only logged on to spend Cartel Coins on a bunch of Cartel Packs, with Crime Lord title and a purple speeder the only things worth of note i got.
    Will see tomorrow, hopefully i can solo most of this storyline, except ofc for the flashpoint requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Haven't tried starting HK-51 questing yet, only logged on to spend Cartel Coins on a bunch of Cartel Packs, with Crime Lord title and a purple speeder the only things worth of note i got.
    Will see tomorrow, hopefully i can solo most of this storyline, except ofc for the flashpoint requirements.
    I got a mount and a pet from one pack...they certainly made sure that shop was dangerously shiny.

The item collection for HK after the Theoretika is kinda blah...but cool from a story perspective.

Deleted
    From the cartel packs I received a crystal, some emotes and some other random crap... *shrug*

the emotes are pretty cool in my opinion. I got the intimidate one and its pretty badass. stuff like this is an easy improvement for the game.

I loved the theoretika! I did it with some friends and we didn't use a guide to get through it and just explored it all. Was a ton of fun. The looking for the parts is a monotonous but they made it so anyone around when someone finds a piece can loot it so that's not too bad. Just have the two flashpoints left to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I loved the theoretika! I did it with some friends and we didn't use a guide to get through it and just explored it all. Was a ton of fun. The looking for the parts is a monotonous but they made it so anyone around when someone finds a piece can loot it so that's not too bad. Just have the two flashpoints left to do
    Same, I just looked up which quests starts it and off I went. As soon as I got to the ship I closed the browser and just had fun. I looked a little 'too' carefully, so it naturally took longer than it should...but it was great.

So as much as it won't really be a long and epic memorable experience, it is a great example of ways they can use this game to spice things up. While this style of adventure is present in a lot of RPGs, it definitely isn't present in MMOs. I like crossing over a little bit more into the RPG aspect and I hope they use this to build even grander things soon.

I mean you could see the beginnings of something like this with the +10 datacron...same concept.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-16 at 01:34 PM.

I was really laggy last night and couldnt get past the first quest. Anyone else have this issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I was really laggy last night and couldnt get past the first quest. Anyone else have this issue?
    I was very laggy all night, when I normally am smooth no matter how many people are on or what I'm doing. Someone I grouped with to do the Theoretika last night couldn't pick up the bonus quest until we had reset the phase like 5 times. It was also doing weird things like keeping my phase completed, but resetting it for him. It was very strange.

In order to clear everything up we just both did it solo and then neither of us had issues.

Yea my lag was off the charts last night. On the ship there was no way I could do the jumping thing to get to the other side of the electrified water, so I went up the ramp and dropped down into it at the halfway point and ran across. <3 sentinel damage reducing abilities

The bonus quest also bugged out on me after the second one. The rest of my group was able to finish it though.

The Theoretika part is pretty freaking awesome imo. Collecting all the parts is a bit tedious though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    The Theoretika part is pretty freaking awesome imo. Collecting all the parts is a bit tedious though.
    Agreed, so far thats the part i likeled the most. Dead Space looking stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I understand that the goal of collecting the parts was to get you to team up with other people, but it's still like finding a needle in a haystack. If they still want it to be so tedious, they should at least have the despawn timer increased to 3-5 minutes so everyone who might be spread out in a zone can collapse together. 1 minute isn't even enough sometimes for people in your party to hunt you down with Coords if you stumble on it.

Even with the slow down from the parts, I'm sitting on the last instance and it's done. The overall impression of the experience is pretty underwhelming. Opening with the Theoretika shows that they can do amazing things, but then half assed the rest of the quest line. With as long as they've been announcing this, I am very disappointed with the process. I don't think I'll be disappointed to have him, but yeah. The 'adventure' was overall less than average.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was leveling my Smuggler and kept reading on Coruscant chat about people looking for the item, i actually did half Coruscant, and the same people from before where still asking to form Ops groups to be done with it faster.
    Last edited by Razael; 2012-11-18 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gathering the components but I can't buy the piece from the jawa in the free-for-all PvP area since even my own faction kills me. Tried grouping but didn't work out so I gave up on it after a while. The cutscenes to see Hk-51 and to talk to him suits me well enough, meh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I did the HK quest on testserver so I had my share of excitment and frustration there and I'm pretty pleased with the quest however it could be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I was gathering the components but I can't buy the piece from the jawa in the free-for-all PvP area since even my own faction kills me. Tried grouping but didn't work out so I gave up on it after a while. The cutscenes to see Hk-51 and to talk to him suits me well enough, meh...
    What poor bastards that must be to get "their" satisfaction out of it. I'm feel sorry for you as on my server, pvp flagged republic and imperial players where searching side by side even some times on faction was heavily outnumbered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my HK companion! Just wait until you hit a 78,000 with him

I think the length of the quest was perfect. 2 flashpoints, some new story areas with cutscenes and a part that requires some effort.

though I believe it will get really frustrating when you have to find the parts alone. I guess they will enlarger the scanner radious after a few weeks, otherwise it will be too frustrating.

fpr HK51 himself, he is pretty much everything I hoped for, the only imp class I dont have a 50 of was the BH and I waited for HK51 to level that one. Its extremely fun, the merc alone is a walking one man army, but with HK51? simply a blast. didnt have that much fun leveling since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I love my HK companion! Just wait until you hit a 78,000 with him
    On a serious note, is it just me, or is this dude a super beast? I feel like his abilities just destroy things.