Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Logging out is the solution if the person in question is a pussy who rolled on a wrong realm.
    Said by someone who plays consequence free PvP in WoW. lol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Logging out is the solution if the person in question is a pussy who rolled on a wrong realm. Its a solution to fixing user error, not WoW error.

Otherwise, you can easily avoid ganking by employing wits and patience.
    My definition of a "pussy" (your terrible word, not mine) is a person who camps and repeatedly 1 shots players who can't defend themselves.

There are countless threads and posts on these as well as the official forums which demonstrate that avoiding ganking is not as easy as you claim. Before Crz, players could move to other zones to level, but with CRZ every zone has L90s flying around camping players. Players who chose pvp servers before Crz are now stuck. $25 (or more) or rerolling are dreadful options. Also, using Lfd to avoid a feature meant to put more players the world is ironic and rather sad.

If you're getting spawn camped by a level 90 at level 77, get your level 90 friends to come defend you.

Oh, you have no friends in the game? That's a problem, this being a social MMO.

Edit: The best part is, the type of morons who spawn camp lowbies pretty much fall over dead when anyone within 5 levels of them shows up. I was leveling my spriest through Valley of the 4 Winds and some level 90 rogue was flying around killing people while they were leveling. Except me, because I fucking destroyed him, that's how bad he actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    My definition of a "pussy" (your terrible word, not mine) is a person who camps and repeatedly 1 shots players who can't defend themselves.

There are countless threads and posts on these as well as the official forums which demonstrate that avoiding ganking is not as easy as you claim. Before Crz, players could move to other zones to level, but with CRZ every zone has L90s flying around camping players. Players who chose pvp servers before Crz are now stuck. $25 (or more) or rerolling are dreadful options. Also, using Lfd to avoid a feature meant to put more players the world is ironic and rather sad.
    Its not that hard either. There is literally 2 or 3 zones which are heavily camped - Hellfire Pen; Vash entrance and all of Hyjal. Once you get past those chokepoints, its much easier to avoid getting ganked. Pre-60 there are a ton of different zones to choose from and levels fly fast, so its not really a factor.

Frankly, pre-CRZ pvp servers were a joke because they were all lopsided due to one side gradually quitting over the last 8 years. I have absolutely 0 sympathy for the bandwagoners who thought they'd be cool and roll on a pvp server only to now have their cookies taken from them repeatedly by the tough kids on their flying mounts.

I leveled a dk to 85 just two weeks ago on Illidan. Went to Vash at 80, got ganked maybe 10 times before I finished the first zone there, 0 times in the next two. This is the most populated server/group in the game. Slowed me down by maybe 30 minutes tops. Big fucking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    Or is it..
    -puts on glasses-
    getting rolled on a pvp server...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    win. and /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Stop right there.

You don't define me. Your perceptions are just that...mere fantasy.

Learn the difference.

Nope. It's because the community polices itself. EQ2Flames ensures it's across all servers, too -- and there they can tell who name changed or moved to another server.

And no EQ isn't the same as EQ2, and the most of any griefing I ever saw was trying to grab a kill, which for a tank is laughable when he rounds up the entire area as a consequence (especially on Lavastorm's beach in TSO). People there just respects boundaries more, as it's a much more social game.
    If you don't like it here and EQ2 is your land of bliss, go there, play, enjoy.

If you don't like PvP and the risks assumed with it, transfer to another realm or quit but realize that for years you have not been playing on a PvP realm. Sure, you had the flag on but there was no one there to contest you. Now there is.

I don't play on a PvP server, I do not like being ganked. I don't PvP in BG's or any other method. I know what I like and I do it. Maybe you should do the same.

If I rolled on a PvP server and your argument for getting roflstomped and camped for 2 hours by a level 90 so i can't level is "it's a pvp server, go pve", that's a stupid argument. I'd WANT to PvP, I'd want to be level 56 and PvP against other 50-60 people. I'd want MORE of people MY LEVEL to do that against. But if you're honestly going to sit around and go, well, there's nothing wrong with some kid sitting in one spot for 2 hours killing a low level character, then you probably share a similar mentality, one who gets their fun not out of a challenge like most people who PvP, but by the outright ability to just not have one. I suggest people with this mentality go onto a PvE server.

welcome to your very first real world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    A lot of people find more enjoyment however from CRZ. A lot of people enjoy actually seeing other people running around doing the same quests you are, even if you don't directly interact with them. Hell I found it awesome to encounter two Alliance on my rogue in Hinterlands, even if I wasn't strong enough to kill both of them it was fun to know that there were other players in the area, compared to before when each and every zone was a wasteland.

I don't think Blizzard made CRZ to save money, I don't really see how it would. I think it was just another of those crazy ideas the developers had when they looked at how empty all the old zones were compared to how it used to be when they thrived with players leveling.

And it does matter how much ore nodes they intended per player per zone, since that's what they balanced all the professions etc around. If you have your own personal farming zone, completely uncontested, then that's far more beneficial than originally designed and would have to be changed one way or the other anyways.
    Answer: Blizzard made open worlds across servers (without loading screens) possible because it is the Holy Grail of ever lasting MMO's.

CRZ is ONLY the first step: expect AH's (trading) and Guilds and renewed group quests in these cross server open worlds to work.

EXAMPLE: if Wow within 10 years would shrink to 200k players per region (600k total worldwide) ... With THIS open world play ... You would have 20 TIMES MORE PLAYERS AROUND than the biggest crowded server would have in 2012.

YES, this mechanic of seamless open world play across servers is THIS REVOLUTIONARY .

and the WoW haters know it, that's why they are so pissed about it

Also: of course Blizzard is preparing their new MMO with the exact same techniques, but this time from scratch...

Awesome. Since the rest of the terrible imitator bunch can't even come up with seamless open worlds or seamless phasing (see farms), let alone seamless open world play across servers....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoplayer111 View Post
    If you don't like it here and EQ2 is your land of bliss, go there, play, enjoy.

If you don't like PvP and the risks assumed with it, transfer to another realm or quit but realize that for years you have not been playing on a PvP realm. Sure, you had the flag on but there was no one there to contest you. Now there is.

I don't play on a PvP server, I do not like being ganked. I don't PvP in BG's or any other method. I know what I like and I do it. Maybe you should do the same.
    It's like you're speaking to someone else. -_-

I leveled Kevyne via BGs. He also does PvP when he has time. I have toons on a PvP server. I played in brutal PvP games (from MUDs to F2P Asian grinders). I still believe players who kill others 10 levels below them are cowards. No point calling it even PvP if that is done, it's just carebear PvP by wannabes.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It's like you're speaking to someone else. -_-

I leveled Kevyne via BGs. He also does PvP when he has time. I have toons on a PvP server. I played in brutal PvP games (from MUDs to F2P Asian grinders). I still believe players who kill others 10 levels below them are cowards. No point calling it even PvP if that is done, it's just carebear PvP by wannabes.
    Answer my post above yours before trying to dodge the REALITY of this new awesome feature...with fake posts ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Nice that the title of the thread hasn't been altered or changed iv been banned for less. If I went and mentioned a certain X games feature is ''fucking retarded'' I wonder what would happen. It's fine to QQ about WoW on this forum but any negative word made against a rival MMO and they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Answer my post above yours before trying to dodge the REALITY of this new awesome feature...with fake posts ...
    Why? Nothing there worthwhile to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Nice that the title of the thread hasn't been altered or changed iv been banned for less. If I went and mentioned a certain X games feature is ''fucking retarded'' I wonder what would happen. It's fine to QQ about WoW on this forum but any negative word made against a rival MMO and they come down on you like a ton of bricks.
    Agreed if you would say this in any other forum, bahm you get banned without warning.

But the cross realm feature is simply awesome. Everyone can see the future of unlimited open world play with this awesome mechanic, so I guess it is even productive to see all these usual WoW trashers trying to down talk it with ever increasing cramps...

Imagine this ever populated world in WoW with seamless play across servers in every aspect of the game (trading, group quests, pvp, ...).

I mean this is the worst nightmare for any hardcore WoW hater: an ever lasting populated WoW ...
    And it is just starting: technique is perfected, Blizzard puts the content layers on top in the next years.

See phased farming as how this phasing thing was developped 4 years ago...And how much hate was spit by these usual suspects on that phasing...

The cross realm zones are just the beginning of a new age in ever populated worlds.

Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:37 AM.

People complain theres no world pvp,

blizz introduce CRZ to help encourage pvp

Pvp happens,

You complain to get CRZ removed

You need to be shot seriously,

whether your like it or not ganking is part of world pvp, and the way huge zones battles used to happen would start that way, and slowly people pulling in friends to come help them and it would escalate from there
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Agreed if you would say this in any other forum, bahm you get banned without warning.
    Nope. Folks talk about other games in other forums all the time (check the EQ2 forums, WoW is mentioned even. RIFT even more). What's important is how it's used.

When I mention EQ2 for example I use it in context of comparing features, especially lack of good and popular features in WoW. Too many who play only one game and think it's the best don't understand too many times the kewl features other games have. Those features are often also popular. If they're popular in one game, they'll be popular in another (just like planting now in WoW. It's popular in other games that offer it).

It's about the context.

Deleted
    Nope. Folks talk about other games in other forums all the time (check the EQ2 forums, WoW is mentioned even. RIFT even more). What's important is how it's used.

When I mention EQ2 for example I use it in context of comparing features, especially lack of good and popular features in WoW. Too many who play only one game and think it's the best don't understand too many times the kewl features other games have. Those features are often also popular. If they're popular in one game, they'll be popular in another (just like planting now in WoW. It's popular in other games that offer it).

It's about the context.

Well what we are talking about is the phrase ''fucking retarded'' like the title of this thread. If I went into any sub forum on this site and used that term against a ToR/ Rift/ Gw2 feature id be banned, no doubt about it. Yet people are aloud to use such terms about WoW features, I have no problem with it im just pointing out the inconsistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    People complain theres no world pvp,

blizz introduce CRZ to help encourage pvp

Pvp happens,

You complain to get CRZ removed

You need to be shot seriously,
    Take this history for example:

Blizz introduced twink battlegrounds since twinks wanted it on the forums.

It was introduced.

Then they complained no one was queuing (because in WoW PvP isn't about PvPing like kind, it's about ganking).

Twinks then exploit the game (with Blizzard willing to overlook it's own ToS) to queue in normal BGs.

Guess who needs to be shot again?

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Well what we are talking about is the phrase ''fucking retarded'' like the title of this thread. If I went into any sub forum on this site and used that term against a ToR/ Rift/ Gw2 feature id be banned, no doubt about it. Yet people are aloud to use such terms about WoW features, I have no problem with it im just pointing out the inconsistency.
    I guess you don't know this guy yet.

Every constructive post about cross realm play is buried within seconds by a non meangless post by him just to burry the usueful and constructive thoughts about CRZ.

He just did it again by citing a first sentence and IGNORING all the positive things about this new cross server play.

If I would call him out and say these are just troll techniques, he would even report me for using that word against him.

The guy is simply SOOOO frustrated by this new awesome feature he thinks it matters if he burries positive consctructive posts with some non posts.

he doesn't want to discuss on topic, because in the end he has no leg to stand on against cross realm play and populated worlds (forever).

I think if you live a life like that, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, what am I even doing here?

It also shows the moderators are simply sleeping over here.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:54 AM.