Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    good rogues still do retard dmg
    u do realise is a pvp chat here and u have no backup to your argument

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Well... nothing happened to rogues, i just got gibbed by a rogue withing the stun period with 55% resillience, its just that rogues used to be overpowered pvp gods and now that they arent they moan and whine and quit.
    Last edited by Hovsa; 2012-11-18 at 01:02 PM.

go watch Rzn's stream, a rank one rogue, he can solo healers in dance. learn to manage ur energy..

First off, i play ww monk too (with full pvp gear and 465 ilvl), and a rogue opened on me, popped trinkets / killing spree (whilst i was in cheap shot).
    After his opener i was on 20%, so in 3 sec he did 80% dmg. I still won though. He mightve just been lucky on crits and what not.
    But yeah rogues is abit weak this season, but they have been strong since vanilla. So since vanilla and up to this season, they have been very strong.
    I dont mind them not being "apex" this season, they are still better then ww monks in arena.
    Also mirlol is like rank 5 i think. as rogue / spriest / something.
    I just think people have to adapt, rogue was VERY VERY faceroll in cataclysm.
    So if u just played rogue in cataclysm and are suddenly complaining now, stop it. plx just stop it.

What happened to rogues is that Blizzard removed damage and mobility in exchange for more control.

The topic of this thread makes me want to look into combat PvP though. I've played subtlety and assassination but always thought of combat as the PvE spec of choice. It always seemed heavy on dps but light on cc. Maybe something has changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    Well... nothing happened to rogues, i just got gibbed by a rogue withing the stun period with 55% resillience, its just that rogues used to be overpowered pvp gods and now that they arent they moan and whine and quit.
    Where you by any chance:

Holding the Flag and had the debuff?
    Holding an Orb on Katmogu and had the debuff?
    Did he have berserker and you had an debuff?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ewhhh rogues are fine?

Just not ridiculously overpowered indeed, tehy are plain fine and below the new ridiculously OP classes

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    Pretty much. I liken rogue players to the professional athlete who got by his whole life on nothing but pure physical talent, and then one day his talent declined and he actually had to work to be good. Rogue have been ridiculously OP for a long, long, long time, they are more balanced now then they ever have been.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Rogues are fine.

killing spree is ridiculous damage

time to adapt.

Deleted
    Rogues are by far the least played class out there. If they were fine you could expect a lot more people to actually play them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it when a rogue attacks me solo, when playing on my holy paladin. When getting attacked by two people, they´re handy for their cc, nothing more imo. Or I just have only met bad rogues.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Rogues are fine.

killing spree is ridiculous damage

time to adapt.
    so many combat rogues in top 50 at arenas u hardly can handle them rly

Deleted
    this thread represent the problem really well, despite the current state still 90% flames from uninformed other classes
    its like playing the jew class while everyone is nazi, of course you won't get anything positive in such an enviroment
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2012-11-18 at 03:44 PM.

so many combat rogues in top 50 at arenas u hardly can handle them rly
    In all fairness I'm blowing base defenders up 1v1 as combat in 2k+ mmr RBGs, as long as they're not tanks/palas. With full CDs it's decent burst, and since ninja-capping/defending is all we're really used for, CDs are always up. It's when you start adding healers and higher mobility DPSers to the mix that everything starts going wrong - ie arenas/midfield grinds.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    In all fairness I'm blowing base defenders up 1v1 as combat in 2k+ mmr RBGs, as long as they're not tanks/palas. With full CDs it's decent burst, and since ninja-capping/defending is all we're really used for, CDs are always up. It's when you start adding healers and higher mobility DPSers to the mix that everything starts going wrong - ie arenas/midfield grinds.
    but you have to also admit that this is only possible cause the other side doesnt know how to counter you. Most people don't know how killing spree works. Heck, i had people accusing me of hacking cause i used 2x cloak when infact the second "cloak" was just killing spree.

I don't think too many people here are understanding the issues. As expected, it's the non rogues who don't. The same fools who think rogues were overpowered before legendary weapons and vial, when they clearly weren't in any bracket. The problem right now isn't damage, it's everything else when compared to other melee. Worse mobility, more setup time to do equal damage, worse survivability, longer cooldowns while at the same time being more reliant on those cooldowns, and quite frankly, it's a harder class to play well. The class is simply too unforgiving and lacks longevity compared to other melee, and it's turning people away from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Rogues are by far the least played class out there. If they were fine you could expect a lot more people to actually play them.
    This is the only point readers of this thread need to address...

All the Rogue haters are coming on here saying "Rogues are fine now", "Rogues are perfectly balanced now", "Rogues were OP and theyre justqqing cos now theyre balanced". If this is the case why have they fallen to the lowest played class at lev90?
    (go here http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html and change settings to lev90 to lev90)

Why has the most famous Rogue whose played Rogue since Vanilla stopped playing Rogue and now playing Warrior for PvP?
    (Reckful)

Why are Rogues the least played class in Arena right now?
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

People need to stop just spouting off their opinions on Rogues and start looking at the facts and data basically.

~Ende~

Casual players got used to rogues being easy to play in Cataclysm. Now that they require some modicum of skill, these players are having trouble adapting. In team play, Rogues are still good. Judging a Rogue's viability purely by the damage they do is stupid because they have more options to shut players down than any other class. They can use their CCs defensively as well as offensively.

Oh and judging a class's viability on arena representation when it's obvious they're just being overshadowed by a class that is obviously overpowered, is not looking at the whole picture in context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    This is the only point readers of this thread need to address...

All the Rogue haters are coming on here saying "Rogues are fine now", "Rogues are perfectly balanced now", "Rogues were OP and theyre justqqing cos now theyre balanced". If this is the case why have they fallen to the lowest played class at lev90?
    (go here http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html and change settings to lev90 to lev90)

Why has the most famous Rogue whose played Rogue since Vanilla stopped playing Rogue and now playing Warrior for PvP?
    (Reckful)

Why are Rogues the least played class in Arena right now?
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

People need to stop just spouting off their opinions on Rogues and start looking at the facts and data basically.

~Ende~
    Just to make sure you know that rogues were least played class in Cataclysm, too. So rogues were bad in Cataclysm?