Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    they feed the players what they wanted
    Other than gankers, the majority of players didn't want what CRZ became. They chose specific realms to play for specific reasons.

Anything related to CRZ would've been a huge success if it didn't take community -- and nodes -- away. It's the loss of both that stinks with CRZ.

It should've been more transparent and even optional for players. Not everyone would have a use for CRZ this late in WoW existence, as multiboxing and RAF has become more commonplace, anyway.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Other than gankers, the majority of players didn't want what CRZ became. They chose specific realms to play for specific reasons.

Anything related to CRZ would've been a huge success if it didn't take community -- and nodes -- away. It's the loss of both that stinks with CRZ.

It should've been more transparent and even optional for players. Not everyone would have a use for CRZ this late in WoW existence, as multiboxing and RAF has become more commonplace, anyway.
    Majority? Really?

Any facts to back this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFreak View Post
    Only problem is when it takes double the time of what it should take to quest through hyjal because theres so many hordes just camping people there, make some kind of cap on where to divide players so that you dont get ganked and spawncamped all the time because its just so frustrating
    Can explain why the leveling areas are so dead in MoP. Those otherwise would've stormed MoP with alts are stuck in leveling areas 10+ levels below.

Sis showed me how it was at the daily hubs which has the players this morning. But the leveling areas are deader than a door knob. That isn't healthy for the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Majority? Really?

Any facts to back this?
    One of the longest/viewed/posted forum threads on WoW's forum was over CRZ. People don't come out of the woodwork to complain in those numbers if it was just a few. On forums it's basically 1 in 10 posts, when the ratio increase there's an issue. It's not the norm.

Do you have facts to back up your claims of people disliking CRZ are a "minority"?

Hmmmm...
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-18 at 08:16 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Can explain why the leveling areas are so dead in MoP. Those otherwise would've stormed MoP with alts are stuck in leveling areas 10+ levels below.

Sis showed me how it was at the daily hubs which has the players this morning. But the leveling areas are deader than a door knob. That isn't healthy for the game.

One of the longest/viewed/posted forum threads on WoW's forum was over CRZ. People don't come out of the woodwork to complain in those numbers if it was just a few. On forums it's basically 1 in 10 posts, when the ratio increase there's an issue. It's not the norm.

Do you have facts to back up your claims of people disliking CRZ are a "minority"?

Hmmmm...
    Vocal forum drama queens are minority by definition.

Hmmmm...
    Or, maybe just MAYBE, people are not in such a hurry to level every alt when they have MORE content to consume now with one character. Oh and the fact that your server can vary from others, as my server on lightbringer is packed with people still leveling, your server doesn't equate everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'd say...

70% of complaints about CRZ are players who get ganked twice and so enrage and go to spit words about how bad CRZ is on the forums.
    20% are botters who secretly don't like the high risk of gaining more reports than before.
    The rest have real issues with it.

And now, doesn't it sound familiar? ah ye... that happens with about 80% of the "poblems" in WoW.
    Yes, because only 10% have noticed any bugs or other "poblems"....
    1: dismounted when logging in
    2: passenger on 2man mount getting dismounted(sometimes without slowfall) every time you cross a zone border
    3: 10(?) servers sharing ore/herb spawns of one server, reducing the amount available in ah, as well as inflating low level mats god knows how many %(i noticed adamantite increasing from 30g/stack to over 250g/stack) which means you have to be high level to be able to buy mats at all
    4: same as 3, but for rare mobs
    5: one faction turning dark portal into a carpet of skeletons
    6: fishing tournaments(us AND EU) removed, because crz could be used to exploit it in us only
    7: people on low population servers may have picked those servers for a reason...
    8: gankers can move to another zone and be put on another server when people bring help, then move back when the high levels have given up
    9: there are more people, but you cant trade with them, you cant recruit them to your guild

You get all the negative of big servers(killed during a 3 second load screen when using portal to blasted lands, lots of competition for everything), and all the negative of small servers(empty ah, small/few guilds)

A lot more, but im too tired now
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Because for a low population server what you get is all the disadvantages of a high populated server , losing all the advantages you had .

You get :

1. you are ganked more offen if you are on a PVP server/it slow your leveling speed .
    2. more competition for herbs, mines , quest mobs .
    3. more competition for rare spawns
    4. less itemes reaching your Auction House ( when 15 guys from your server are competing with 900 from others guess how many items can be found at AH )
    5. yes, you can find more poeple to do group quest . Too bad group quests were deleted from the game .
    6. more people to do quests together, too bad you lose experience grouping . Thx Blizzard .And mobs die in 20 sec anyway to you alone . No need for group for anything.
    7. you get world pvp . Too bad this suck balls. Blizzard stated again and again that they don't balance the game for 1 vs 1 . Hell, not even for 2 vs 2. So you are throwed to "enjoy" more often an unbalanced unfair pvp game . Where there are no consequences for gankers : they can use fast the same CRZ sistem to hide on other server when the retaliation force come for
    revenge.
    8. still no one to recruit for raids / guilds.

The only advantage is seeing more people in the world . In the end Blizzard could just as good make NPC bots players-look-alike runing around in your world .
    You nailed it.

Deleted
    People don't know what they want! Back up a few months ago and ask yourself: How many people thinks that the World of warcraft is dead? I can guaranty that at least 70% said that they wanted more people out in the world. But now when they got what they wanted they pulled a classic warcraft community and cried over something they got that they really didn't want.

I bet if you count the # of either "My realm is dead" or "there is no world pvp" there have been more than people whining about CRZ.

Whats odd though, is people were obviously complaining about their dead realms because it was cool not because they believed it. I have seen the same people post both sides.

CRZ is fun, if you don't want to be ganked there are plenty of things you can do... Low pop realms have been a single player game for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    Or, maybe just MAYBE, people are not in such a hurry to level every alt when they have MORE content to consume now with one character. Oh and the fact that your server can vary from others, as my server on lightbringer is packed with people still leveling, your server doesn't equate everyone else.
    Nope.

The reason I don't have my 3 toons up to even level 85 wasn't due to disinterest...it was due to CRZ locking up the game clients. The only reason I have 3 accounts is to have an army of alts...especially enough Holy paladins!

Others have other reasons they aren't leveling, from lack of nodes to level harvesters and ganking going on at rates that are ridiculous. Someone posted a photo of what went on outside the Dark Portal, and we could see scores of skeletons.

Those saying, "PvP happened" and "leave" must secretly want to kill WoW off, since a MMO like WoW depends on gear and reaching end-game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    People don't know what they want! Back up a few months ago and ask yourself: How many people thinks that the World of warcraft is dead? I can guaranty that at least 70% said that they, wanted more people out in the world. But now when they got what they wanted they pulled a classic warcraft community and cried over something they got that they really didn't want.
    I am so sick of these made up statistics. You can't guarantee anything. Nobody wanted this. And if someone did want this, than you are either new or need your head examined.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    People don't know what they want! Back up a few months ago and ask yourself: How many people thinks that the World of warcraft is dead? I can guaranty that at least 70% said that they wanted more people out in the world. But now when they got what they wanted they pulled a classic warcraft community and cried over something they got that they really didn't want.
    Players want solutions that doesn't rip their realm's community apart. They want resources and lag/no client crashing gaming experience to level. They want the experience they elected to play under.

Biggest problem Blizzard dues is pulling the rug under players feet. It's a constant problem and it isn't fun. They can change "comfort zones" by leveling/instance difficulty (Firelands showed that in spades). They don't have to keep angering their player base on issues that doesn't need an arguement over. It's better to argue over aesthetics than basic game design, anyway.

The trick is that you can't do anything with the other players that CRZ shoehorns into the same zone as you, there are almost no group-quests anymore (Just the Nagrand/Zul'Drak/Twilight highlands "Arena"-lines, IIRC), everything outside instanced content almost explicitly discourages grouping, and instanced content already was cross-server, people from other servers won't talk to you, just like the ones from your own server really.

So what does CRZ add? Ganking victims (Meaningless on PvE servers), competition for everything out there from mobs to profession mats, and you can see other people running around, big whoop.

Ooh, almost forgot: CRZ added a bunch of "How did this get through beta?"-magnitude bugs as well, nope, still not impressive...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The trick is that you can't do anything with the other players that CRZ shoehorns into the same zone as you, there are almost no group-quests anymore (Just the Nagrand/Zul'Drak/Twilight highlands "Arena"-lines, IIRC), everything outside instanced content almost explicitly discourages grouping, and instanced content already was cross-server, people from other servers won't talk to you, just like the ones from your own server really.

So what does CRZ add? Ganking victims (Meaningless on PvE servers), competition for everything out there from mobs to profession mats, and you can see other people running around, big whoop.

Ooh, almost forgot: CRZ added a bunch of "How did this get through beta?"-magnitude bugs as well, nope, still not impressive...
    You hit the nail on the head! CRZ brings NOTHING to the table.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I've tested the CRZ on my old PvP server and I've not had any troubles at all. Gathering is a complete joke, mainly because nodes and herbs are everywhere. Yeah you get a few people farming a bit, but I've seriously had no problems at all. As for the ganking, nothing different than the past. It's a PvP server. I remember how many people used to gank everyone in BC. You couldn't do anything for hours and were forced to log and wait. lol. But people are acting like this sort of ganking has never happened before or something. It did all the time back in the day. Makes me believe that most people whining are people that weren't around back in the day to experience it.

I love how so many people are running around. It brings back full servers. I miss that. Nothing has changed honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    You hit the nail on the head! CRZ brings NOTHING to the table.
    The saddest thing about CRZ is that Blizzard seems to have genuinely thought it was a good idea. I don't think that's because is secretly saves them money; I think they thought people would actually like it.

Blizzard's core problem now is they've lost the ability to understand what their customers really want. It shows up all through the game. They just have no clue.

I bet there are some people inside the dev team who were silently screaming about many of the changes. It will be cool if some of that leaks out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Because among other things, it magnifies the competition for resources.

On paper, it is as it should be. From a pvp perspective especially, it makes perfect sense. In practice, and in PvE, it's a giant headache that does nothing but extend the amount of time required to get a task done. The same can be said for dailies until the majority of folks are done with them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The saddest thing about CRZ is that Blizzard seems to have genuinely thought it was a good idea. I don't think that's because is secretly saves them money; I think they thought people would actually like it.

Blizzard's core problem now is they've lost the ability to understand what their customers really want. It shows up all through the game. They just have no clue.

I bet there are some people inside the dev team who were silently screaming about many of the changes. It will be cool if some of that leaks out.
    Mostly because the players, as a whole, don't unanimously know what they want either. Across the board, every single aspect of the game will have it's detractors, and it's advocates. Few will love EVERY thing the game offers, and the ones that don't like anything offered will move on.

The current methodology seems to be "lets bring a good amount of stuff out, knowing we're not going to please everyone, and see what happens".

I didn't really think it was a problem, eventhough I'd seen all the QQ

But, yesterday, I decided to go to netherstorm and take my time to find a rare quality Fel Flame Pet

The first thing that annoyed me was that I could see about 10 from the flightpath, but when I landed, they weren't there...... about 300 people looking for fel flames was all I found .........AAACK !?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Yes but people got so used to the world being dead. Now people are taking their precious low level herbs and ore and OMG rarespawns. since these people aren't from their server then that is the reason. If all servers were high population you would see forum spam to open new servers and then the same people complaining their server is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't it resolve the 'world is dead' problem ?
    Here is a classic example of why there is so much hate for Blizzard's New Feature.

I couldn't believe they had the audacity to post that.

I have a friend with epilepsy that had to cancel his account 2 days ago because the flashing and lag that happens when you spawn onto a new realm set off a seizure (similar to the same way a strobe light would).Other people have complained about headaches, including myself.

This guy played since vanilla, and until now has always played with no problems.When CRZ started, and he'd cross zones, especially northrend, he started getting headaches, dizzy, ect. and finally a seizure.

I might have thought "coincidence" but considering other people on this forum have mentioned side effects from the flashing as well, it's not an isolated indecent. (Incident) I am respectfully asking Blizzard to take your players with health problems into consideration and offer us a choice to opt out with incentives to opt in.
    Can any one of you that are decent human beings say that this is FAIR!

How would YOU like it if this happen to you. None of you know the incredible pain and sometimes life threatening condition can come from these light changes. Want to find out, go rent a strobe light, turn it to the fastest setting there is and then turn it on and stare at it for a few minutes. After that YOU should understand what a ton of the angst is toward CRZ. ( If you do the experiment suggested above, have a relative close at hand should your optic nervous system be overwhelmed.)

Blizzard should be DAMN well ashamed of themselves for doing this to people, same with you STREET!