Poll: Are you playing SWToR F2P?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

F2P - Have you gone back to SWToR?

Simple poll to see how the game is looking for F2P try.
    I have mot started yet and the restrictions seem too harsh to even bother but still, how many people has F2P brought back would be interesting to see.

Mod Edit: This thread has the extreme potential to go downhill. Please do not jump in and state, "No because this game sucks." That isn't constructive and will only start more drama on these forums. Stating your reason is acceptable, but again, simply stating that the game sucks is not a "reason". -Forsedar
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-18 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Simple poll to see how the game is looking for F2P try.
    I have mot started yet and the restrictions seem too harsh to even bother but still, how many people has F2P brought back would be interesting to see.
    I have a preferred account. I had 8 toons, deleted all of them except 2: a 50 BH and a 43 SI. I'll prolly just get the SI to 50 if I can and then call it quits. Its pretty brutal playing.

I have another account that was an unlimited 15 trial, ugh............ don't know if I'll be able to finish the story for that. (a smuggler and a jedi consulate)

I'm trying to get back.. but I deleted my Security key from my phone so I've been on hold for about 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting to talk to Customer Support..

10+ Year Old Account
    Try enabling the poll with a Yes or No voting.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-18 at 09:55 PM.

Yes and I plan to sub because the restrictions are too much

10+ Year Old Account
    don't play it atm, but might try it out once i upgrade my computer. couldn't enjoy the game with current setup

Deleted
    i reinstalled and logged in just to see that the limitations made to free-users are crazy!

example 1:
    - free users only get to have 2 action bars ... that's 24 slots ... that's about 3 slots too less to be effective with my assassin tank ...
    - you are able to spend 250 cartel coins on 1 additional action bar and can buy up to 4 bars that way ...
    - for some reason, although my account has been subbed for more than half a year, i only have 100 cartel coins ...

example 2:
    - free users are not allowed to hide helmets ...
    - as i already stated: i'm an assassin tank and i have the first epic set helmet, the one which looks absolutely ridicolous !

in the end:
    i logged off again, i feel pissed and i deleted the game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    Yes and I plan to sub because the restrictions are too much
    Could you give me a link to view the restrictions?

I quit because there weren't any people to play with. I really liked the game in most aspects.
    But now - with constantly > 200 on the fleet i'm thinking about resubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Could you give me a link to view the restrictions?
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

There you go

Whenever I do get tired of my sub, I should have enough coins to buy access to some things for FTP.
    Last edited by Valdorian; 2012-11-18 at 10:03 PM.

I played a little as Preferred status but the sheer amount of restrictions (only 2 action bars!) was cringe-worthy. Not going back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tfikki View Post
    I quit because there weren't any people to play with. I really liked the game in most aspects.
    But now - with constantly > 200 on the fleet i'm thinking about resubbing
    well, keep in mind that free-users can't do hard-mode dungeons as far as i recall... they also cannot raid.
    i guess that most of the people only in the upcoming days and weeks are free users.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I played a little as Preferred status but the sheer amount of restrictions (only 2 action bars!) was cringe-worthy. Not going back.
    My reaction as well after looking over the restrictions. Some of them are just counter-intuitive; they're the kind of QoL things that you WANT somebody dropping back into the game to have.

I really enjoyed my main's original story line but the first couple of major patches just soured things.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    well, keep in mind that free-users can't do hard-mode dungeons as far as i recall... they also cannot raid.
    i guess that most of the people only in the upcoming days and weeks are free users.
    You can do HM flashpoints but only 3 of them per character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I'm trying to get back.. but I deleted my Security key from my phone so I've been on hold for about 1 hour and 30 minutes waiting to talk to Customer Support..
    I was in the same situation, took me just under 2 hours to finally get through to someone who sounded Indian and we struggled to understand each other.

I phoned Trion (for Rift) 15 minutes before, got through in 8 minutes to an American who understood every word I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was debating on downloading it and going through the rest of the quests with my Bounty Hunter... But looking at all those restrictions with how hard they are with it just seems pointless now... It is nice to have the story but to have restrictions on "action bars" WTF?! Why would you restrict THAT. I see no reason to restrict UI things... I sometimes really do NOT get how EA and Bioware do things anymore...

Yeah talking to EA customer support is less enjoyable than getting a root canal done. I wonder if they lose more money by losing customers due to outsourcing their customer service? I know that IBM did and they got their customer service back to the US.

Anyway, as for the topic. I actually paid for a month sub to get my cartel coins. I'm rather enjoying the game at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    jumped into the game a few days ago. didn't expect much trouble, because i didn't care about flashpoints after i got my nearly full t2 "back in the days" it seems when there wasn't the dungeon finder option. limited myself to only leveling toons and experiencing the story lines, since i certainly wasn't going to grind daily quests.

i quitted at the same time they released one major patch, or the first major patch. they gave a seven day period to come back without subscribing and i looked over my 20ish IA and my 50 merc / 50 juggernaut without finding something subworthy.

after that i was quite intrigued by the f2p model. some limitations were in place, okay. i don't pvp so i couldn't care less about warzones, never did raiding and rarely went into flashpoints. so i thought i could finish the storylines without paying, win/win!

but here i was, as i said, a few days ago:

- logged in, noticed the 5/2 characters. my juggernaut Honsou (of the Warsmith legacy, wink wink) needed a new name because of a forced server transfer. no other iron warrior name was choosable, think i settled with toramino. -.-
    - on many menus you see buttons which seem to taunt you as a nonsubscriber on what you are missing out. two crewskills instead of three, please subscribe! no rested experience, please subscribe! two quickbars only, please subscribe!

well, i thought about a longer list. but it seems that the game didn't really mature since i left it over six/seven months ago, so it's still missing a lot of fluffy options for someone like me. i love it when there are small changes all over the places. some new graphics options, maybe interface tweaks, SOMETHING! but there isn't something, just a carefully planned f2p model, which restrains my playstyle completely and i just can't bring myself to log in.

ah, missed one point!

- 350.000cr only, please subscribe! i never had much credits, but even i had a few millions here and there. 350k? a joke.

if they are trying to bring people back or get new subscribers with their "incentives", which were alreay available features a few months ago and then stripped from all nonsub accounts, they are doing it horribly wrong. i wouldn't EVER pay money to regain the features i once had.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Deleted
    I never bought the original, but I'm considering trying F2P to explore the storyline/gameplay. It is unlikely that after I reach max level I would sub...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i reinstalled and logged in just to see that the limitations made to free-users are crazy!

example 1:
    - free users only get to have 2 action bars ... that's 24 slots ... that's about 3 slots too less to be effective with my assassin tank ...
    -
    If I had known this I could have saved myself a lot of effort.

I know EA are money grabbers and new to the whole F2P thing but they are doing it all wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?