Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Is blocking CRZ against the ToS?

You can block connecting to CRZ's with Peerblock and force yourself to stay in your servers zone. Is this against the ToS or EULA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    You can block connecting to CRZ's with Peerblock and force yourself to stay in your servers zone. Is this against the ToS or EULA?
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just gave an idea to the QQers that want to play a single player rpg or dont know how to roll on a pve server, get ready for some massive bans!

I never condone cheating in the game... gold buying, hacking or otherwise.

...this is the ONE time I would actually consider caving in and doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You just gave an idea to the QQers that want to play a single player rpg or dont know how to roll on a pve server, get ready for some massive bans!
    Not playing with someone from other realms is the same as playing single player now?

It is also extremely useful for rare hunting

Deleted
    From what i've read some pve realms were mixed with pvp realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not intended to be blocked (it isn't), you can be pretty damn sure it's against ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is also extremely useful for rare hunting
    Like i said, get ready for massive bans!

I didn't know that my entire Vanilla > Cataclysm experience I was playing a single player RPG. /boggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    From what i've read some pve realms were mixed with pvp realms?
    No they arent? ALL realms are mixed with thier same type. People just honestly are makeing shit up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If it's not intended to be blocked (it isn't), you can be pretty damn sure it's against ToS.
    The thing is it is your choice on what traffic is allowed onto your network, and peerblock doesn't interact with WoW in any way. It only prevents certain traffic from accessing your network. So after looking over the tos myself this isn't forbidden IMO as it doesn't interact with any of the software pertaining to WoW.

Deleted
    I would laugh my ass off when blizzard invests in a megaserver technology.

So after looking over the tos myself this isn't forbidden IMO.
    It is my computer, I can choose to run what ever application I want on my computer, and send what ever data I want out of my network. I choose to run a BG bot and farm honour points.

NOT!!!

No they arent? ALL realms are mixed with thier same type. People just honestly are makeing shit up at this point.
    I can vouche for this...
    I play on one of the smallest damn server in the game (which is where this is supposed to help the most) and since we're and RP-PVP server and there is no other RP-PVP server in our battlegroup we don't get mixed with any other server. It's fucking bullshit at its finest. Why do Blizzard make the big servers bigger while not fixing the small servers at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I never condone cheating in the game... gold buying, hacking or otherwise.

...this is the ONE time I would actually consider caving in and doing so.
    I wouldn't do it myself, but if it offered gamers more options to play the game, hey, Blizzard dropped CRZ worts and all in gamers laps and they have to deal with the aftermath.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is my computer, I can choose to run what ever application I want on my computer, and send what ever data I want out of my network. I choose to run a BG bot and farm honour points.

NOT!!!
    The difference is the bot interacts with WoW. Peerblock does not interact in any way with WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    Why do Blizzard make the big servers bigger while not fixing the small servers at all?
    Because they want you to pay them $25 per character to transfer servers.

The difference is the bot interacts with WoW. Peerblock does not interact in any way with WoW.
    So - if it doesn't interact with WoW in any way, then I assume it doesn't affect CRZ at all ?

Which means the question of the OP is pointless as it doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can ban you for anything. Most likely it will be a ban for exploiting

10+ Year Old Account
    How does it not interact with WoW if you are blocking network traffic from the server implementing the CRZ, aren't you specifically telling it to interact with the WOW connection in a specific way to block specific game related traffic
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear